India vs Australia QF : Pre-match talk

Out of interest...what happens if we tie with them like the England game...who would go through to the semis? Higher group stage ranking?
Quarter Final If a quarter-final is tied, the teams shall compete in a one over per side eliminator to determine which team progresses to the semi-final. Refer to Appendix 7. here If following a tie, weather conditions prevent the one over eliminator from being completed, or if the match is a no result, then the team that finished in the higher position in the Group stage shall proceed to the semi-finals.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cricket_worldcup2011/engine/series/381449.html?view=pointstable

gambhir is a class act. he is gonna be key in these knockout games raina has fielded 100+ overs even when he wasnt playing, so they will keep him involved regardless of whether he is in the playing XI or not. sreesanth is the one gamble worth taking. it could pay off spectacularly, because he loves a scrap and bowls well if he is fired up.

Nope it was Steyn's second spell which changed the game just like Bresnan's and Rampaul's today. Our collapse has always been triggered by a fast bowler in all the games.
But before that we already had good score. Score that should have won us the game.
yeah. i do think indians can handle the australian pace attack in ahmedabad because ahmedabad is a spinning track. indians wuda struggled against malinga in mohali because it assists the pace bowlers. australians struggled against spin in the practise matches. tait or johnson wont struggle indian batsmen. obviously they are gonna bowl short to indian batsmen. i wont bother if sehwag doesnt recovers from injuries because he will struggle against brett lee's bouncers. australia's batting looks fragile. definitely india has a great chance against australians.:two_thumbs_up:
lol obviously there's a reason we r the strongest batting line up in the world if u dont expect the likes of tendulkar. sehwag, gambhir, yuvraj etc. who have scored runs all over the world to handle lee then that's a real shame as an indian fan :giggle:

Gambhir looks absolutely clueless and scared against short pitch bowling , am sure Australians are going to bowl plenty of them in the rib-cage of our batsman , also Hit N Miss Batsman like Yusuf would be a waste against such a pace bowling attack , we must try to play maximum number of proper batsmen and bat 50 overs than playing hitters and then get All Out in 45 overs.

He bowled well. But bro' date=' honestly temme, do you think we are inept at tackling bowlers like him? Our batting today was quite ridiculous. What say you?[/quote'] The merit of the ball/spell on that particular day is what counts rather than the reputation of a bowler. The spell that this mediocre bowler bowled today ranks higher than the spellw that some of the bowling superstars (Akthar, Andersen, etc.) had bowled on few days in this WC. I do agree that our batting was in shambles today and needs to improve for us to dream of going all the way, which I think is quite possible
The merit of the ball/spell on that particular day is what counts rather than the reputation of a bowler. The spell that this mediocre bowler bowled today ranks higher than the spellw that some of the bowling superstars (Akthar, Andersen, etc.) had bowled on few days in this WC. I do agree that our batting was in shambles today and needs to improve for us to dream of going all the way, which I think is quite possible
Hmm. So earmark (atleast) one player who you think would make a mark against the Aussies. I'd pick Raina & Ashwin if they play.
Reminds me- A group of us students one day decided to run away from school to watch a match at a friend's place. We decided to hide in the bushes and then scale the wall where it was the lowest. As we did that' date=' we found the head master standing on the other side waiting for us. He said he knew exactly where to find us. :(([/quote'] :hysterical:

Lee concerns me, seems he will be fired up in every game.. No need to worry about Tait if the dross from Pakistan game continues. Hopefully he does not get his yorkaz right late on tho :nervous: Mitch is just poor Aside from that I think Krejza will still be smarting from the pounding we gave him on debut B->