IPL4 Pace Thread

CG

So what is the verdict on Aaron from those who watched the game? Harsh to jude on 1 game but still.
I normally don't watch IPL(cricinfo usually), but I tuned in just to see this guy bowl. His first two overs didn't really inspire much. Yeah he got clattered around - but regardless he didn't seem all that special to me pace-wise or otherwise.

He hardly balls straight though he was fast ...there were 50 @ercent of balls above 140K so it clearly says he is quite fast... He and Varun are fast and if he is coached to be more straight he will get more wickets..I feel Varun may not be faster thAn umesh on an average basis but he may be a better bowler than Umesh.. If I have to pick 1 in my team I will opt for varun

Mithun was hitting 140s consistenty today with a top speed of 145. Was putting in a lot of effort and it showed on the speed gun. Was bowling good line and length and with some luck could have added a few more wickets. Maintained that speed in his 2nd spell as well. Unlike the last 2 IPLs, when we saw too many Indian pacers content with bowling low 130s, this time a number of our pacers are going over 140. Thats good to see. Hopefully from this lo,t at least a couple can continue to maintain those speeds in one dayers and first class cricket as well.

Mithun was hitting 140s consistenty today with a top speed of 145. Was putting in a lot of effort and it showed on the speed gun. Was bowling good line and length and with some luck could have added a few more wickets. Maintained that speed in his 2nd spell as well. Unlike the last 2 IPLs, when we saw too many Indian pacers content with bowling low 130s, this time a number of our pacers are going over 140. Thats good to see. Hopefully from this lo,t at least a couple can continue to maintain those speeds in one dayers and first class cricket as well.
Today yadav bowled fastest delivery of the match 150k...faster than MOrkel

He is 23' date=' he has time on his side. It is promising to see an Indian bowling so quickly. The next step is to try to get him to move the ball around a bit. He bowls the ball dead straight and that'll get him nowhere.[/quote'] He gets out swing when he bowls fuller length outside off..one he delivery he bowled to Kohlli and was beaten. His problem is he bowls too short at time and when bowls full goes on to the pads...his type of bowlers who are short in height should always try to bowl full length and get the batsman forward and then he will get swing to because on these pitches he has to pitch it too short to get bounce unlike Morkel who is tall and most of his fours today were edges through third man or just slight pushes by the batsmen...ground was small, one boundary was as short as 50-55 meter...ball in the gap and it was 4...

And Mithun's spell was far more threatening than Yadav's. Also surprised to see DD rest Aaron. He should be playing each and every match especially after his spell vs Punjab.
Yah..Mithun solved his problem of bowling too short in this game. He was looking to hit good length and he generated good pace too...he is learning and that is a good sign. Same is with Yadav, he is not a tall bowler so short balls are not his forte and cannot be his stock ball..his stock ball is inswinger and he can move the ball away too if he pitches the ball at good lengths, but he tries to hop the batsman with pacy short deliveries and lose his direction as well in this process. For a bowler of his stature, it is important that he bowls fuller, good length, short of good length and yorker length, this way, he will give the ball a chance to move in the air or of the pitch.

That is not important as long as he can clock 145k. That is our goal. Finding 145k bowler.
Right now, it is not about how many wicket he is taking, it is about how much he can learn with this. He is still very raw and you can learn anything but not pace which he has. It is all about guidance for him now. Eric Simmons should work on his lengths, he bowls too short at times. Yadav is not a tall bowler so short balls are not his forte and cannot be his stock ball, only be a surprise weapon, Morkel 2-3 years back was the same, used to ball too short and too full....Yadav's stock ball is inswinger and he can move the ball away too if he pitches the ball at good lengths, but he tries to hop the batsman with pacy short deliveries and lose his direction as well in this process. For a bowler of his stature, it is important that he bowls fuller, good length, short of good length and yorker length, this way, he will give the ball a chance to move in the air or of the pitch.

IPL is helping our pace bowlers. They know they are being watched and know speed guns are on. They are running in bowling hard, which is what we want. In time am sure a few good speedsters will develop. Bowling fast on many indian tracks is waste of time often, hence our pacers slow down to look for other methods. But we will reap benefit of this pace obssession in ling run. As many will find bowling fast comes natural more they do it, and will then when it is natural start to bowl accurate with movement and pace. I am very very hopeful

Yah..Mithun solved his problem of bowling too short in this game. He was looking to hit good length and he generated good pace too...he is learning and that is a good sign. Same is with Yadav' date=' he is not a tall bowler so short balls are not his forte and cannot be his stock ball..his stock ball is inswinger and he can move the ball away too if he pitches the ball at good lengths, but he tries to hop the batsman with pacy short deliveries and lose his direction as well in this process. For a bowler of his stature, it is important that he bowls fuller, good length, short of good length and yorker length, this way, he will give the ball a chance to move in the air or of the pitch.[/quote'] aNY BATSMEN would prefer to face Umesh as compared to Mithun on that day as mithun was clocking 141K regularly and yes he uses his head quite a lot way inswing, he cross angles the balls.. umesh balls straight full toss or gives room to hit...a couple of balls were good and all of them could get him a wicket but he needs to be consistent. ysterday mithun was better than yadav though yadav even bowled at 150K once and consistently between 144 to 147k

And Mithun's spell was far more threatening than Yadav's. Also surprised to see DD rest Aaron. He should be playing each and every match especially after his spell vs Punjab.
i was also dissappointed to not see Varun ysterday...WHY??? Sehwag should use his head more effectviely..varun got DD gilly and hence they won the match. Varun shud play ahead of many their.