Sathya Sai Baba passes away

nballa

Okay. So there is no evidence of "smoke screen" or "financial swindle". I am merely asking because these to my knowledge ( hospitals and schools ) were the most well run Organizations providing free treatment and schooling. Personally, I have visited their Hospital and it is remarkable. Again, this is no defence of Dhongi Baba, just wanted to know if people ranting against him have a convincing case.
What a stupid thing to say! What do you expect, that I will post pdf versions of documents that will capture the inaccuracies and distortions in the financial accounts of his organization? Even Lehmann Brother had a swanky new york office and seemed to be run EXTREMELY well, right until the day it completely collapsed! The mere fact that this dude resorted to circus gimmicks like producing holy-ash from thin air or spitting out lingas from his mouth, tells me all that i need to know about him.

STFU is abuse. LOL! Just search for that keyword and let's see how many posters you have accused of abuse for using that.
The accusation was for abuse and needless unprovoked personal remarks like how other posters don't add much value to the society etc. It's just a spillover from other threads where you have been abusing me and making personal remarks against me - all recent stuff. Anyhow, I don't have any more time to waste on you. If you have any moderation related concerns PM me.

Did you even read the document and the section on the Hard Rock Cafe guy's experience with his car accident? Anyways' date=' [b']I just want the bashers to know one thing. He has done more for people in his life than a million people like you can do to help others over several life times. So, just appreciate it and STFU. The world is better off having people like him than those like you who live just for yourself and serve not much value to society in general. This is not directed at Sree, just talking to bashers in general.
Yoda, it would be great to serve humanity but not everyone gets a chance to do that. We all try to do our bit in our day to day lives, if everyone became god men then there will no one to serve. You are right about his bashing, this is a condolence thread and there should be a separate thread for that Also, you seem to show lot of negativity for the site etc. May I suggest leaving as the place might not suit you. Perhaps the old joint would be better as they seem to enjoy comparing public figure's to regular posters

Also, you seem to show lot of negativity for the site etc. May I suggest leaving as the place might not suit you. Perhaps the old joint would be better as they seem to enjoy comparing public figure's to regular posters
I like the site. Don't like some of the people running it and will let them know as and when applicable much like we ALL did at the old site. Regarding leaving, I will know when to leave and you guys will know when to throw me out if you feel so. So, let's leave it at that.

He came, learned few tricks, earned millions of followers, billions of cash, created an organic system of cashflow & karma earning ( charity), esp making other people doing all that for him. Haters gonna hate. There still a chance for you guys - go search for that abandoned baby on cauvery banks, if not baba, you can still become promoter of the new baba.

If he's done a con job then he's done a pretty good job given the number of "educated" people got hooked by him.. He's no more alive to defend himself..May his soul rest in peace.. Personally I don't like Demi-Gods/Godmen/Godwomen and those following them..But to each their own..

why is he being criticised in a condolence thread is beyond me.. and if he was such a bad guy he wouldnt be loved by 99% indians
wow ..99% hmmm (though I think 99% is just tooo high ) Good that I'm not amongst those 99%. I've only one thing to say I can understand why politicians follow him ,but I was deeply shocked from inside ,when I heard aware and educated people like sachin tendulkar follow him . anyway ,since this thread is about condolences thread so I will not post more .

The bold part is definition of our government and the Tax system it runs.
Spot on. This is a perfect reason not to support governments and look to governments for all your answers. And for those people saying "OMG, how disgusting! Why do you need to do this in a condolence thread?', imagine condolences threads for Saddam Hussein or Jim Jones with people saying that they inspired thousands of people, that may their souls rest in peace, etc, etc. I know Sai Baba didnt kill people but he was a crook nonetheless. And when a crook dies he doesn't become a saint, he is just a dead crook. Thats me done for this thread. ps: Ram, it was Falwell who died. Robertson is still alive afaik.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/8471134/Sathya-Sai-Babas-death-triggers-fight-for-his-5.5-billion-empire.html neutral perspctive.. and why is there a scramble for his fortune? Why is THERE A FORTUNE?
cl, i am not a believer of godmen in general. but satya sai baba has this trust where he takes up big ticket projects for the welfare of the people. for example the krishna river is made available for the people of chennai through the satya sai canal. this has costed the trust around 250 crores. he also wanted to get the coumb river in chennai cleaned. he has built academic institutions and super speciality hospitals for the poor. you can say that maybe he is trying to gain a lot of money by corruption in these projects - maybe true or maybe he really did have philanthropic intentions and people gave whatever money they could. when you have devotees in lakhs and crores and you have a trust obviously you would have a trust fund of a huge size.

cl, i am not a believer of godmen in general. but satya sai baba has this trust where he takes up big ticket projects for the welfare of the people. for example the krishna river is made available for the people of chennai through the satya sai canal. this has costed the trust around 250 crores. he also wanted to get the coumb river in chennai cleaned. he has built academic institutions and super speciality hospitals for the poor. you can say that maybe he is trying to gain a lot of money by corruption in these projects - maybe true or maybe he really did have philanthropic intentions and people gave whatever money they could. when you have devotees in lakhs and crores and you have a trust obviously you would have a trust fund of a huge size.
You don’t understand – These supposed charities were nothing but a front for the well-orchestrated rip-off scheme that was going in the background. Think of it – if I am proclaim myself to be a Godman who is larger than life what would be in my interest? Keep all the money that came to me in the name of donations and arouse suspicion or use a fraction of it on public welfare projects and get the collective goodwill of the entire public, thus implicitly ensuring the steady stream of hapless devotees and their subsequent monetary contributions, never subsides?

I am hearing that news that Sachin Tendulkar maybe attending Sai Baba’s funereal via a special chartered flight and all. And I must say, as a Sach fanatic, this is the first time in my life his action, both on the field or off it, have actually disappointed me immensely. For somebody like Sachin to take all the pains to attend his funereal, it will not only go a long way in legitimizing the entire fraudulent legacy of this huckster, but also pave the way for many more scam artistes like him in the future as well.