Do you support Abortion? (Excluding gender selection)

ganeshran

Those single poor moms should be responsible enough to use protection beforehand' date=' rather than end up getting pregnant with a child they don't want.[/quote'] Yes they should but people are not responsible, especially the kind of people that appear on teen mom...

Nothing wrong with it whenever it is required, should be mother's call finally (after proper/mandatory counselling). Unfortunately whatever laws/checks govt puts, abusers will find their way out. Also, this should be a mandatory topic of sex education.

Why is there a * attached here? If you are Pro-Choice, why must you exclude "gender selection" ?
Which is what I am trying to reconcile in my mind. Many of the same people who were outraged at gender-selective abortion are also pro-choice. If a superstitious mother does not want female children, is it OK for her to abort? Wouldn't that choice be outrageous, too? If so, why are choices based on other factors not outrageous? No easy questions here.

In fact in case of gender selection - the mother/family/society, who do not want/value a girl child - it is better to allow them killing the fetus than to abandon or torture the female child for rest of her life. For such parents, who opt for gender selection, with all the DNA finger printing technology, govt can keep track of them and put some sanctions for their future conceptions ...hmmm.. well not Indian govt ( where we cant even track passports).

Which is what I am trying to reconcile in my mind. Many of the same people who were outraged at gender-selective abortion are also pro-choice. If a superstitious mother does not want female children' date=' is it OK for her to abort? Wouldn't that choice be outrageous, too? If so, why are choices based on other factors not outrageous? No easy questions here.[/quote'] Right to abort is a legal issue, gender-selective abortion is a moral issue. For one, you pass laws, for the other you educate people.

Why is there a * attached here? If you are Pro-Choice, why must you exclude "gender selection" ?
This. The absurdity of sheeple 'thoughts' here is staggering. But then again, why bother with thinking if you can process and package your moral opinions in two words eh..

This. The absurdity of sheeple 'thoughts' here are staggering. But then again, why bother with thinking if you can process and package your moral opinions in two words eh..
Guess "I have no idea" is what you consider thinking. :giggle: BTW, the OP excluded gender selection, doesn't mean those who responded yes are saying they are pro-choice minus gender-selection.

Why? The man does it only for ultimate pleasure. Sexist stereotype remark. As if the dad is immaterial in raising a child. It's the couple's choice, unless the child's a bastard.
It's the woman's choice because it's her body. It is the couple's decision when the woman chooses to include the man in the discussion. It's about Individual sovereignty and nothing to do with whatever you are hung up about.

Have always been and will always remain against this vicious crime. I have always considered it crime and cruelty as its as good as killing. Never understand people who argue its not really life?! It is life....a vital stage of life cycle. It might be ok in extreme cases like a rape victim, but how people get it done in normal circumstances like preference of gender, or don't like having kids, or happened by mistake etc is absolutely disgusting.

Have always been and will always remain against this vicious crime. I have always considered it crime and cruelty as its as good as killing. Never understand people who argue its not really life?! It is life....a vital stage of life cycle. It might be ok in extreme cases like a rape victim' date=but how people get it done in normal circumstances like preference of gender, or don't like having kids, or happened by mistake etc is absolutely disgusting.
Just playing a devil's advocate, but if its life then it should not be OK in case of rape victim too. I am sure you would not say it might be OK to kill a new born just because he is a product of rape.

Have always been and will always remain against this vicious crime. I have always considered it crime and cruelty as its as good as killing. Never understand people who argue its not really life?! It is life....a vital stage of life cycle. It might be ok in extreme cases like a rape victim' date=' but how people get it done in normal circumstances like preference of gender, or don't like having kids, or happened by mistake etc is absolutely disgusting.[/quote'] So what would you prefer - a) allow killing the fetus (parents who want to for one or other reason) OR a) Disallow them aborting and encourage them torture the girl child for rest of the child's lives - because it was against their wish? b) Since someone did not want the child (it was by mistake), encourage them to abandon the child or encourage them to become bad parent.. IMO, if a mother has been given the power to bear a child, she should be given an option to abort it too. if she (and her partner) is not mentally prepared to bear the kid, then most likely they are going to be bad parents.