Sachin Tendulkar or Vivian Richards?

I do not think I have to. Assuming all his runs came through miss-hits' date=' his technique was worst, bowlers he faced were pedestrians but [b']you cannot deny a fact that he was way ahead of his peers. If Sachin had test average in excess of 75 and 75 odd test centuries, I would have been the first to say that he is better than even Don. But unfortunately that is not the case.
Yes... Thats perfect... thats exactly what i am saying tooo.... He was way ahead of his peers... Nothing more than that. The buck stops there. It cant come all the way in modern age
So why Lindall isnt better then Imran Khan?
Matter of fact he is. I certainly rate Lindwall ahead of Imran. Although the better comparison is Keith Miller with Imran, and yes Miller would be ahead of Imran. Possibly the only all-rounder I would rate ahead of Kapil..and thats saying a lot:hatsoff:
What is to say that Don would not have adapted as efficiently. Its not Don's fault that there was only one format in his days.
There is no doubt that Bradman adapted to the conditions of his time.We cannot compare based on assumptions of what more he could have acheived in ODI's ...As the facts stand,Sachin has acheived more based on his records in 2 different formats.
Matter of fact he is. I certainly rate Lindwall ahead of Imran. Although the better comparison is Keith Miller with Imran, and yes Miller would be ahead of Imran. Possibly the only all-rounder I would rate ahead of Kapil..and thats saying a lot:hatsoff:
You rate Kapil ahead of Sobers, Imran, Botham, Hadlee and Pollock as an all rounder? Why exactly?
BTW how have you come to that figure - I mean, what criteria have you used to to arrive at the conclusion that making 75 centuries in today's times is good enough for a player to be called the best ever :hmmm: why not 65 or 85. Also, what about the 48 centuries he has scored in ODIs?
Using the same logic by which you guys arrived at 48!
No I did not. I gave a free advice only because you tell me what I need to do. (Your post was asking me to give you one!!!) Off course, Your r free to take whatever u want to take and do whatever you want to do with ur life..>> It was only an advice and not an effing statement such as You need to be subjected to "blah blah blah"...
You are allready humping on a joke.... :hysterical: Cant even take that sportingly :whack:.....
Lurker... But that doesnt put him above imran in ATG list.... We are discussing this because we dont like ATG list and grading.
There was no benchmark atleast from my end but 99 centuries is as good if not better than an average of 99 in an era where wins and losses did not mean a lot as they are now.
Wow, so now an avg of 100 = 100 international 100s :hysterical:
You rate Kapil ahead of Sobers' date=' Imran, Botham, Hadlee and Pollock as an all rounder? Why exactly?[/quote'] I will keep it short since I have done this so many times on this MB. Not to be dismissive but you can look it up if you like. Sobers, Kallis are to me batting all-rounders. They have their strength surely and I would pick Sobers in my XI for his batting alone. But if I had to pick on all-round skills I am not sure Sobers would cut it. Possibly all time greatest player but somehow does not invoke all-round comfort in me. Amongst the all-rounders I would put Kapil, Imran, Botham, Miller in the same bracket. Hadlee was greatest bowler of the fab 4 all rounders but his batting was minimal. He was only slightly better than someone like say Malcolm Marshall, and Maco did think of himself as an all-rounder. Miller, to me, would be the most complete all-rounder. Great bat, great bowl of pace, forms one of the best bowling pair, plus I also like his out of field persona. Botham was a great bat, explosive in batting towards the beginning but a lot of his wickets were down to sheer luck. He was fmous for taking wickets off bad balls. Although at one time he possibly had the best outswinger in the game. Imran was a player who made most of his abilities but never did everything at same time. When he batted well his bowling wasnt good, when he bowled well his batting was pants. And his fielding was cr@p. He would stand exposed in today's cricket. Kapil was the complete package me thinks. An explosive bat, an excellent bowler who fit right into Test cricket and was leading India's charge right from day 1. It is hard to put his value in numbers, which most folks end up doing, but think it this way. In his first series against West Indies he got miffed at West Indies pacers for bouncing him and went nuts on West Indies bat, in what is now referred to as "Bumper war" at Chepaulk. Apparently when he was back in the paviliion most batsmen, including a famed opener, shouted at him wondering why he bounced the batsmen, and now West Indies bowlers would come after them. Of course I do not expect Kapil to be made greatest all-rouder because of that anecdote but that shows what kind of player he was and how much did he transform the game. His best period was till 1985-86 and he should have retired a few years early, that proved to be his undoing.
:hysterical:
Shaun Pollock - 23.11 (bowling ave); 32.31(batting ave) Kapil Dev - 29.64 (bowling ave); 31.05 (batting ave) Add to that, while one retired gracefully when he realized his time was up, the other kept hanging on just for the sake of a world record. Care to explain the reason for your hysterics of laughter? P.S. I'm not putting Kapil down, just stating it how it is.