Sachin Tendulkar or Vivian Richards?

Yo (b)Ro! You are my new hero. Thank you for picking the fight for Indian teenagers, and the budhaos with mentality of Indian teenagers. FTW! Bro, Dilley and Aldermann were schizzles in 80s bro. Ask Graham Gooch. Only a paanwaala or a cricket enthusiast listening to his tansistor in one hand and driving with other knew about them. But bro we are modern day greatest country. With the biggest GDP and a tournament (IPL) that is bigger than Olympic Games. Dont listen to haters who say otherwise. They will all line up outside the door of Sharad Pawar. Why should we have as much knowledge as a paanwaala? Eggjactly bro. Statsguru was made for Indians, is operated by Indians and used by Indians. Thats all that counts. It is the most famous software known by Indians, and is on the most frequented website visited by Indians..Okay second after desibaba.com But bro what about my arrsse Let me do the same to that other famous batsman of the era. Sunil Gavaskar pffft. Lets utilize our Chitragupta - Statsguru. JR Thomspon @ 18.66 RJ Hadlee @ 26 Dilley(Who the FRACK was he) @28 :hysterical::hysterical: Greatest Indian batsmen my ****. Now that we both have dismantled 1st and 2nd greatest batsmen of their era lets swing our mighty arses and watch the Stats masters sing "I like big butt and I can not lie" xxx
It was supposed to be a joke... :facepalm: Even the stats given are not true yaara :dontknow: DOnt fret about it :icflove:
Given my penchant for being nit-picky, it was easy to interpret the first paragraph of your original post as a list of reasons you rate IVAR above SRT: (a) the eye, (b) the ability to play a variety of strokes off the front foot, and © swagger. Of those, (a) and (b) are good, strong arguments. © is not. And I jumped on it. And thanks for the "boy" reference. However condescending it was meant to be, it was music to my years ... at my age, I am more used to being called "Kaka" or "Uncle."
As I have clarified, it is the trait that I like many cricket fans love in this particular cricketer, lack of which will not make you a worse cricketer, but nothing like having it. And lets face it, we are all boys when it comes to the great game. :winky:
There is a nauseating sense of hyperbole in that statement spoken many a times by Sachin bhakts. Kapil was a one-man band that operated. Richard Hadlee was a one-man band that operated. Even Srinath and Zaheer could be considered one-man army but perhaps for a few years at best. Sachin a one-man band?? He always had a support cast. Heck when he started he was simply a blue eyed boy, it was Azhar who was the toast of the nation and the lead batsman way into early to mid 90s. xxx
Why do we feel that Sehwag's contribution is invaluble in the recent success we have had? Isn't it because of the game changing starts he provides at the top. Ging back to the main theme of this thread Viv vs Sachin,the point I would like to make is today Sehwag gets away with a lot's of failures because he has a dream line up that follows.I am not saying this has anything to do with Sehwag's approach but I am saying that fans will not measure Sehwag's failure at a microscopic level because he has an amazing team that can bail him out. The reason for this analogy is let's envision back to the 90's-Mid 90's to the late 90's,I am strictly talking about ODI's here...Sachin's role was more like Sehwag providing brisk starts and at the same time maintaining a more disciplined approach keeping in mind the fragile middle order he played with.Sidhu,Jadeja and co. might have had really good stats but how many matches did they win on their own. Did some of the fan's back then really beleive they were matchwinners? I don't think so Azhar was good....even great...There is no doubt that he is a better batsman than Ganguly,but he lacked big match temperament that Saurav had because I don't remember too many Azhar innings which brought us back from a brink of defeat. I am not talking about 1-2 freakish performances,I am talking about big match temperament on a regular basis that these guys have exhibited. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=won;result=1;spanmax1=31+Dec+1999;spanmin1=1+jan+1990;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=team These are the matches we won between Jan 1990 to Dec 1999 These are the MOM and MOS awards during this time http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=awards_match;result=1;spanmax1=31+Dec+1999;spanmin1=1+jan+1990;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=allround;view=awards I hope this put's an end to the debate about Sachin's contribution in the 90's

I don't know what you are trying to say by compare 70s-80s WI team with 90s team of Ind. Have you realized that someone can argue that if Sachin played for such a side, he may not avg as much as he is now? There is no way those sides would allow Sachin to take 20 singles to get to his 100 in a game (It was Tendulkar who showed such a thing could be done. I don't recall anyone taking singles to get to his 100 once you get to 80 before that) .... And if Viv had played for a weaker batting side, who knows he would have averaged even more with added responsibility .... There are pros and cons of either case :P

. Whatever you write on Internet, it is recorded and maybe someone ,someday may use it against you...... Guardian is only site which foolishly went for a vote between Tendulkar and Bradman. Result was 92% to 8% in favour of Tendulkar.. All will say Bradman is best despite they havent seen Bradman batting.I have seen Bradman batting footages. Cricket quality was pathetic those day. Infact , You will see a match played between two colleges being played more professionally then one in those days. You have to see few of those gfootages to realise what i am saying. I say even Ponting is atleast hundred times better than Bradman...... Bradman Batting wise may not be even as good as Mudassar Najar.

"Ravishing Ravi" Its case of Guru vs chela. who is better? “I didn’t see Don but to me, in all my years associated with the game, I haven’t seen a better batsman than Sachin Tendulkar,” said Richards in a eulogy to the “little man”, who openly professes to have idolised him while growing up. “If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet.” THAVD_VIVIAN_SACHIN_648432f.jpg

:omg: You are still arguing... debate closed...B-> Viv and Lara.. Dont even compare.. How can you compare the two... Viv is just too good... He is top man... He is great man... King of batting... Offcourse aftr Goddy... PS: If a extend your logic Rashid latif said every cricketer in Pakistan is involved in betting. I cant take that seriously.. can I?