So, what was wrong with this pitch, Bhajji?

Saeed Ajmal, Mohad Hafeez et al have developed doosras and other variations and our turd still relies on dust bowls with bounce to get wickets. When he could not get the WI batsmen out, his BS meter should have become visible enough for our BCCI babus to take notice. Perhaps Srikkanth wants to wait till Anirudda learns to bowl off spin.

Guest Gunner

I just feel sad about what happened today. For the last 20 test matches those who regularly watch test cricket have been constantly saying this day was going to come along pretty soon only to be called haters, anti-Punjabi and stupid things like this. I watched pretty much every delivery that harby bowled today, KP just took him apart (toyed with him, at one stage he was reverse sweeping every ball), then prior and finally Swann. If this isn't a career ending caning I don't know what is.

Not even surprised to see Bhajji bowl like that. He has been bowling like this in Test for a long time. Didnt seems to trouble batsman much....& with Zaheer out...he was exposed completly. I hope Indian selectors do him a big favour...& drop him. When they did something like that to Sehwag...look what that did to Sehwag...forced him to work on his weakness & come back stronger.
+1 He must be dropped so he gets a shock and works on his bowling. Maybe he even needs a rest!

This is totally unacceptable from a senior bowler who has taken 400+ wickets. When your main bowler is injured, then he should take responsibility and lead the bowling. But forget creating pressure, he is not even able to restrict batsmen with his bowling. Economy of 4.3, what is that? Is he bowling in a test match? Simply pathetic from him. It's not that this is his first bad match. He has bowling like this for a year or more. Every player who is out of the form is dropped from the team and asked to improve his performance. Selectors shouldn't continue with him. He needs a break. Maybe drop him for a series or so and let him bowl in domestic cricket for a while. He will be able to work on his bowling better there. International cricket creates too much pressure on him and this is not helping him at all. I would be happy to see him back after a good performance in domestic matches. Anyways he can always improve in conditions of India.

I think Dhoni needs to help Bhajji with proper attacking field..Atleast 3 close in fielders and no Dravid in that field setting.. Bhajji tried his best but he needs proper plans and field setting to sort out each opposition batsmen.
Its bowler who should initiate. He must have have silly point and shortleg but he himself is not sure if he will be able to bowl at the right place and will not bowl many loose deliveries. Batsman hits one four or six and he removes all the fielders but if he will bowl badly which captain can afford fielders on those positions. He must ensure he does not bowl short or on the leg side pads. Bowl off stump, give flight, and only then those close-in fielders can come into play. He is lacking confidence now and many a times drag his length which gets short and batsmen make merry. He tries to bowl like ODI and does not want to get hit. Spinners in these conditions mostly get wickets when batsmen try to hit and even on good balls.
Its bowler who should initiate. He must have have silly point and shortleg but he himself is not sure if he will be able to bowl at the right place and will not bowl many loose deliveries. Batsman hits one four or six and he removes all the fielders but if he will bowl badly which captain can afford fielders on those positions. He must ensure he does not bowl short or on the leg side pads. Bowl off stump, give flight, and only then those close-in fielders can come into play. He is lacking confidence now and many a times drag his length which gets short and batsmen make merry. He tries to bowl like ODI and does not want to get hit. Spinners in these conditions mostly get wickets when batsmen try to hit and even on good balls.
Yeah, I agree.. Since he'll contnue to play, i was trying to see if situation can be improved... Now people have started saying that he's not in form and he needs the support etc. Since Spin bowling forms an mportant part of our attack, we are doomed anyway..
Every player who is out of the form is dropped from the team and asked to improve his performance. Selectors shouldn't continue with him. He needs a break. Maybe drop him for a series or so and let him bowl in domestic cricket for a while. He will be able to work on his bowling better there. International cricket creates too much pressure on him and this is not helping him at all. I would be happy to see him back after a good performance in domestic matches. Anyways he can always improve in conditions of India.
Bhajji has made it large - it's beneath him to play domestic cricket. Moreover, even ordinary domestic batsmen are pretty good players of spin and in current form, he is going to get hammered in domestic cricket as well. Where will poor Bhajji get the kaanphidenshe bhoost he needs to bowl well?