PK or Sree??

ok whatever he did was too late and little' date=' what about Sreesanth. He was carted around and should have bowled with second new ball. we were still in it. We had got 3 wickets in space of 4 overs.. Sreesanth had to chip in. But he disappointed...[/quote'] And Ishant too for that matter .... Don't forget these two had Eng at 57/2 :winky: Once the horses have gone, you want to come back at those who set things up, great .... Keep going. What's missing is Bhajji to pick up a few wkts and his supporters blaming others :hysterical:
PK should have had Bresnan as well LBW. He is still swinging the ball' date=' beating the bat.. doing the donkey work..[/quote'] Ofc he has to do the donkey work being a trundler .... Those who try to bowl quck, tire out quickly .... Since PK hasn't been that effective, others have had to bowl quite a few overs too and thus not at full steam Anyways too much time wasted on PK, who will be getting a boot sooner or later and all this discussion would mean little
Well PK did his part in this match too. It was Ishant and Sree who lost the steam before tea session and later yesterday. We would not have been 60/6 had we been chasing a lower total.
Sree doesn't look fit. After his couple of spells in the match he looked tired and his pace was way down.

They are different bowlers. Sreesanth is not fit to bowl 20 overs in a day. He starts briliantly but then as day progresses his intensity is gone. Had Sresanth bowled way he did in the morning with the first new ball, and got us wicket or two, I think we would have been chasing 320 odd. We wuld hve expected different and more confident batting, we would have lost it still but would have been close game.

You're right, he wasn't perfect. No one is saying he is. He's just been the most consistent player in the last 5 tests with the ball.
PK is not an impact bowler...he can take 100/4, 120/5 but he is not a bowler who will give you 55/4 or 65/5 like Ishant can do. Sreeshanth came back after a long time and he did reasonably well. Right now, PK is doing great job but he is too dependent on new ball. Selectors need to think about long term prospects and he is not a long term prospect. Yesterday as the match ended, i was watching CNN-IBN and Maninder Singh was there. He too said Praveen is too slow. When your opening bowler starts the innings first over with 112K delivery, opposition team knows how gentle our bowling attack is. He said India has three bowlers in domestic cricket who can bowl up to 150K and BCCI should groom and nurture. They are a rare species. Those bowlers are Varun Aaron, Umesh Yadav, and Rahul Shukla. Aaron and Shukla both are from Jharkhand. I did not know Rahul Shukla is that quick until Maninder said this. Maninder said I recently saw Rahul Shukla and he has good action, good pace, and can also swing the ball. Genuine fast bowlers can be impact bowlers if they are good. Look at what Bresnan and Broad did to our batsmen yesterday with pace and bounce. No one had any clue. I am not saying Ishant and Sreeshanth are world beater right now, but in case of Ishant he will be as he is only 22, he has ingredients to be a premier fast bowler in the world in next 2-3 years as he matures and his body fills up. At the end of England innings, he was still trying his 100% bowling up to 86 mph even after bowling 50 overs in the match.

Praveen Kumar's balls swing from out of the hand. And his prominent wrist positions - while helping him with prodigious and consistent swing, also give away the direction of the swing to the batsmen. I see him picking wickets when there is significant assistance off the wicket along with conducive climatic conditions. Quality opening batsmen should not have a problem negotiating him in general. Not unless he can bring in a measure of both pace as well as subterfuge. Sreesanth is a different kind of swing bowler. His balls swing late, very late. Getting batsmen to commit like Trott did in the 1st innings. This kind of swing is a mite more effective - throughout the world. A little bit of extra pace also comes in handy. One pitches which dont offer great assistance, you can see Sreesanth or Ishant bowling a few shorter deliveries to soften batsmen up or even just for a variation. Unfortunately that would not be possible or even effective if done by Praveen. At least as he is right now.

PK can always be a good support bowler, but I doubt he can become main strike bowler. He is not a bowler who will lead the attack, but he can back up lead bowlers consistently. Consistency is main part. You don't want 3 very inconsistent impact bowlers. I would like to see PK in the team as 3rd seamer. Sree can be 1st seamer, 2nd seamer whatever the situation demands. 1 change that I want to see in PK is his speed. He is very slow. Even when his balls swings, batsman can play him with ease. If he can increase his speed by few miles then he will be much more effective. I have read arguments stating that his action, build-up is not for bowling fast. I agree, but he is strong and even with his current action he can work on his speed.

PK is not an impact bowler...he can take 100/4, 120/5 but he is not a bowler who will give you 55/4 or 65/5 like Ishant can do. Sreeshanth came back after a long time and he did reasonably well. Right now, PK is doing great job but he is too dependent on new ball. Selectors need to think about long term prospects and he is not a long term prospect. Yesterday as the match ended, i was watching CNN-IBN and Maninder Singh was there. He too said Praveen is too slow. When your opening bowler starts the innings first over with 112K delivery, opposition team knows how gentle our bowling attack is. He said India has three bowlers in domestic cricket who can bowl up to 150K and BCCI should groom and nurture. They are a rare species. Those bowlers are Varun Aaron, Umesh Yadav, and Rahul Shukla. Aaron and Shukla both are from Jharkhand. I did not know Rahul Shukla is that quick until Maninder said this. Maninder said I recently saw Rahul Shukla and he has good action, good pace, and can also swing the ball. Genuine fast bowlers can be impact bowlers if they are good. Look at what Bresnan and Broad did to our batsmen yesterday with pace and bounce. No one had any clue. I am not saying Ishant and Sreeshanth are world beater right now, but in case of Ishant he will be as he is only 22, he has ingredients to be a premier fast bowler in the world in next 2-3 years as he matures and his body fills up. At the end of England innings, he was still trying his 100% bowling up to 86 mph even after bowling 50 overs in the match.
I just looked at his profile. Why has he played only 7 FC and 4 List A games in 2 years?
I just looked at his profile. Why has he played only 7 FC and 4 List A games in 2 years?
Because he is only 20 and was playing U19 level before this and he could not play Vijay Hazaare trophy because of injury and last year he suffered chicken pox, but he is strong man, look at his pic. He is built like an ox and is fairly tall too taller than both Aaron and Yadav. Aaron is around 5'11" to 6 feet as tall as Irfan Pathan, RP Singh, and Zak, Yadav is 5'9" to 5'10" as tall as Sreeshanth and PK. Shukla to me looks more than 6 feet around 6'1" or 6'2" . http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080129/jsp/jharkhand/story_8836529.jsp
Because he is only 20 and was playing U19 level before this and he could not play Vijay Hazaare trophy because of injury and last year he suffered chicken pox, but he is strong man, look at his pic. He is built like an ox and is fairly tall too taller than both Aaron and Yadav. Aaron is around 5'11" to 6 feet as tall as Irfan Pathan, RP Singh, and Zak, Yadav is 5'9" to 5'10" as tall as Sreeshanth and PK. Shukla to me looks more than 6 feet around 6'1" or 6'2" . http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080129/jsp/jharkhand/story_8836529.jsp
But his profile says Right-arm medium, not even medium fast or fast medium. :dontknow: