Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion

zen

Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• India
    • England

Need to ensure we cross 300 somehow. Even a lead of 75-80 runs here could be quite handy as the pitch looks likely to deteriorate quickly by day 3. Like with all the tests we have won on bowler friendly tracks, the role played by the lower order could be the key once again. Our batsmen will need some luck as well as there would be plenty of unplayable deliveries.

I think even 175 would be good score with current mental state of Indian batsman. India missed great opportunity to get Eng bowl out below 150. Now not only 221 gives them a good shot at getting a lead but also leaves India chasing a tricky total (well anything is tricky ) in the fourth ininngs.

No' date=' in India's recent tests, we haven't got big leads but backed ourselves to chase down 4th innings scores. A small (ish) lead would not be good enough in this test imo.[/quote'] With a deteriorating wicket I agree. I still think you will get 350, but I hope I am wrong and you get less:--D
Guest Gunner
We will see. Your guys bowled really well, lets hope ours do too
I have no doubt England will bowl beautifully. However not having that big lad to trouble the batsmen is going to be a major setback. If he has back spasms then I reckon he is out of the series not just this match.
I have no doubt England will bowl beautifully. However not having that big lad to trouble the batsmen is going to be a major setback. If he has back spasms then I reckon he is out of the series not just this match.
I think it will not make much difference. we need a captain who can win a toss:haha: I have said for days that this is what would happen, but no one acknowledges that:((

Do England deserve to be No 1? TrentBridge, fresh wicket, overcast condition. Young, dynamic, exceptional England Team against Aging indian team. England had to face trundlers and none of them as fit as their bowlers. I am pretty sure England players would have faced such trundlers day in and day out playing county cricket. They would know this condition really well. and still they got 200 odd runs thanks to tail that wag. Now if India were shot out for 200 or less, there would have been articles on how India can't play on pitches that help bowler. LOL. Well tomorrow may be we will struggle or not thats not the point. Point here is If there is swinging conditions, their batter struggled (home condition I must say) Then when they play in India and play on dust bowl they will struggle there as well. So I mean how can they be number 1. India atleast won't struggle on dust bowls. :--D:--D:--D:--D

TrentBridge, fresh wicket, overcast condition. Young, dynamic, exceptional England Team against Aging indian team. England had to face trundlers and none of them as fit as their bowlers. I am pretty sure England players would have faced such trundlers day in and day out playing county cricket. They would know this condition really well. and still they got 200 odd runs thanks to tail that wag. Now if India were shot out for 200 or less, there would have been articles on how India can't play on pitches that help bowler. LOL. Well tomorrow may be we will struggle or not thats not the point. Point here is If there is swinging conditions, their batter struggled (home condition I must say) Then when they play in India and play on dust bowl they will struggle there as well. So I mean how can they be number 1. India atleast won't struggle on dust bowls. :--D:--D:--D:--D
Did you watch todays play?

Another tragedy with Indian batting lineup is that after Raina..there is a BIG TAIL. Put same scenario of today's english team reeling at 88/5 ...India would have been all out for 100 odd runs. Dhoni is too inconsistent, Bhajji is total matka, PK wants to go back to dressing room ASAP..well Sharma and Sreesanth are tailenders (not really to be blamed).

Did you watch todays play?
Yeah, your top order was playing as if they were new to such situations. I heard that county players face swinging conditions everyday and the fact that Broad was able to score runs shows how noobish they were in playing Indian pacers. Wait for the flat tracks and see how Cook gets to his big hundreds. Can't say anything about Strauss and I don't know who included Morgan in test side. Is he also FTB like some of the Indian batsman?