Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion

zen

Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• India
    • England

being knocked around by a no.9 batsman is hardly something to be ecstatic about I won't deny that India bowled well, but they were foolish to take the pressure off when they did right now its up to the Indian batsmen to prove their worth against a formidable pace attack with very helpful bowling conditions should be an interesting match

being knocked around by a no.9 batsman is hardly something to be ecstatic about I won't deny that India bowled well, but they were foolish to take the pressure off when they did right now its up to the Indian batsmen to prove their worth against a formidable pace attack with very helpful bowling conditions should be an interesting match
Your lot couldn't get the English tail out either. Remember Onions? :hehe:

Whatever happens, India are winners in my book. Whichever way this test match goes, this Indian team are winners in my mind. With Sehwag/Gambhir/Khan missing, PK/Ishant who've never bowled in a test match in England before this series, the way this team has fought back has made me proud. England are a very very good side and it takes an exceptional effort to bowl them out for less than 250. We did that today without our best bowler. Put it into context and England without Anderson/Cook/Strauss or SA without Amla/Smith/Steyn and we all know they would be half the team they currently are. India are down on man power but fighting like warriors. As long as we keep doing that, I don't care what happens, that's all you can expect from your team.

Guest Gunner
So far only our bowlers ( and fielders) have performed like winners. I would agree with the OP if the batting can also show the same spirit of defiance. So far' date=' nothing exemplary from them.[/quote'] LOL! Did you watch the 15 overs India batted today? Dravid gave a master class on batting in these conditions. Y'all should watch more cricket.

England plays the team we field, so injuries or no injuries - its 2 test playing nations playing competitive cricket. The winners or the player who is heartening to watch is P. Kumar, he's not a fast, tall flamboyant bowler who has an A+ rep but boy he has troubled the Englishmen

LOL! Did you watch the 15 overs India batted today? Dravid gave a master class on batting in these conditions. Y'all should watch more cricket.
I admit I haven't seen even one over. :(( Checked the score on the internet at the end of the day, however. That was my mandatory post in Cricket Talk. ICF being a cricket site and all, I feel guilty if I don't post at least one cricket related post as I post so much in Chit Chat. good night. :angelic:
LOL! Did you watch the 15 overs India batted today? Dravid gave a master class on batting in these conditions. Y'all should watch more cricket.
oh yeah , did you see how late dravid was playing his shots to cover the swing , i almost thot it got thru a couple of times . Thats how you adapt . :hatsoff: btw I dont agree with the op .
Dravid batted well' date=' But the most Important Session would be tomorrow's First session. Only if we can survive that with Minimum Loss we should consider that our batters have done well.[/quote'] if we can manage a 60/2 kind of situation , i think we will go on to get a substantial lead . even with the swing these are good conditions to bat for quality batsmen & it suits our style of batting .
Guest Gunner
This game is going to be a thriller' date=' my thriller senses are tingling....[/quote'] No doubt. This is going to be a great match.
India lost crucial advantage by giving away 100 odd runs to tail enders. If we had bowled them out around 150 or 160 we would have been firm favorites. As it stands' date=' the match is 50 50.[/quote'] i was at the ground today and im not overly unhappy england got 221. if we had gotten them 150 ao, then we would ahve batted 20 more overs and probably been atleast 3 down id rather them get the runs on the hardest day and us bat the least, then when the sun is out tomorrow we pile em on.
If both Laxman and Dravid play out first 2 session, we are going to eventually declare around about on day 3 3rd session with score somewhere near 550-7. If one of the two falls before lunch tomorrow, we are going to score aobut 480
which game have u been watching?? on this pitch?! with no opening partnership- what have you been smoking? :D