Pakistan vs England 2012 Itinerary

Sachinism

^ yeah thats me' date=' hihi may be... but many kids around somewhat of your age Actually call me uncle :D[/quote'] dont call me kid :mad: its just 10 year diff :dontknow: ... i have many friends who are of ur age :haha: ok man im gonna study :P boring match today no jinxing needed :dance:

Stuart Broad: We know we failed, but we'll prove to you we're still No 1 More... Stuart Broad: We know we failed, but we'll prove to you we're still No 1 By STUART BROAD 8th February 2012 EnglandÃÔ shattering 3-0 series defeat by Pakistan has left the worldÃÔ No 1 Test team licking their wounds. All-rounder Stuart Broad talks us through the post-mortem as the squad aim to take revenge in the one-dayers. The inquest It's not hard to pinpoint the major reason why we werenÃÕ successful in the Test series and that was our batting against spin. YouÃÓe not going to win too many Tests being 200 for five at best and the thing that has disappointed the guys the most is that we made the same mistakes in each game. As professional sportsmen you pride yourselves on learning from your mistakes and we didnÃÕ react quickly enough here. We havenÃÕ turned into a bad team because we did a lot of things extremely well. Even though we were never at our best we would have won in Abu Dhabi but for an inept batting performance chasing a small target and then we had Pakistan 50 for seven at lunch on the first day in Dubai. You have to capitalise on those positions. We had our chances. Bowling at my best I donÃÕ think IÃ×e ever bowled better for England, to be honest. Certainly my line was the best it has ever been. Ottis Gibson, our old bowling coach, always used to say itÃÔ not what the ball does, itÃÔ where it does it from, and I was able to get seam movement from around off stump here. I was really happy with that. But itÃÔ a big reminder that it means nothing unless youÃÓe winning. We beat India 4-0 and I had a bit of success with the ball, so it meant a huge amount that I was able to contribute to a winning cause. I probably bowled better here but it means a huge amount less. Coming over here we were expecting high scores with it being difficult to take 20 wickets to win a Test, so for us to take 50 wickets as a unit while not really having the opportunity to take the other 10 is something the guys are pretty proud of. But it means nothing if youÃÓe not winning games. Planning pays off David Saker, our bowling coach, has been a great addition to the ranks and we were fortunate to go to Potchefstroom in South Africa before Christmas for a training camp that got us up to speed. We set our bowling standards for the trip when we had the ICC XI in trouble in the first warm-up match and continued all the way through. Then it was unknown territory for a modern England side to play two seamers and two spinners and I think itÃÔ been a real success on these wickets. We can have a real go at the batsmen and the spinners can come on and hold for the middle period and take wickets. Monty PanesarÃÔ return has been terrific and credit to county cricket for that because he has worked hard there and taken a lot of good wickets. The county game can get slagged off but a lot of good work is done there. ItÃÔ just important for the team that you put bowling and batting performances together in the same game and we didnÃÕ do that. Surprised by Pakistan? Pakistan didnÃÕ surprise us. We expected them to be good and we know theyÃÓe a very dangerous team. We prepared for Saeed Ajmal and Abdur Rehman but our batsmen just didnÃÕ play them well and they know that. We had individual plans for those bowlers but we couldnÃÕ execute them. ItÃÔ something we have to improve on because it was the difference between the teams. We got out to balls we shouldnÃÕ have got out to. Tackling technology The decision-review system is the same for both sides and there were moments when both felt aggrieved by it. I still think itÃÔ a brilliant system but there are still doubts to me over the accuracy of HotSpot and Hawk-Eye. There were moments when decisions were given and it looked completely different to what Hawk-Eye was suggesting. I think investment is needed in the technology to make it foolproof but the players are totally behind it. ItÃÔ helping make decisions that have huge consequences. For instance, I think itÃÔ true to say that Alastair Cook was correctly reprieved by the system a couple of times in Australia and went on to break all sorts of records. If there wasnÃÕ DRS he would have averaged something like 18 and wouldnÃÕ have an MBE! It changes lives. We have to get as many decisions right as we possibly can. It brings spinners into the equation, too, which has to be a good thing. Graeme Swann is close to impossible for left-handers to play now and thatÃÔ because he can hit them on the front pad and beat them on the outside and get decisions. It brought Rehman into the game against our right-handers too. Beating the blues Deflated, yes, because no-one saw 3-0 coming and it was a huge hammer blow to us. The lowest point was the end of the Abu Dhabi Test because we worked so hard to get into a winning position only to throw it away. It was inexcusable. But we have to bounce back and thatÃÔ where we get tested. We have a new chapter now in the one-day series and weÃÓe coming off the back of a 5-0 one-day defeat by India in these sorts of conditions so thereÃÔ a lot to challenge us. Then there will be three Twenty20 matches, which is a huge advantage for me as captain because we can get the guys together and work on something rather than having them for just one match a season. WeÃÃl learn a lot from the next three weeks of this tour. Testing times We know that in England, Australia and South Africa we are a good team. But the series against India and Pakistan have shown us that in subcontinental conditions we are average. We canÃÕ worry about South Africa taking our No 1 Test status by beating New Zealand next month. If we do lose it weÃÃl get it back, I promise you that. This is a setback, but I canÃÕ remember any group of England bowlers being as threatening in the subcontinent and we know that if we gets runs we will win Tests here. Sad loss I was shocked and saddened during the last Test to hear about the death of Nottingham Forest owner Nigel Doughty. He was a lovely guy who always welcomed me to the club. IÃÎ a massive Forest fan and what he did for my club was huge. I saw him in Australia during the Ashes and he let me have his personal internet feed to the matches while I was abroad. He was a very kind and generous man and heÃÃl be sadly missed.

right now eng are 118 pts,saf 117,ind 111, aus 111 kinda amuses me india can again reach numero uno position after 3 home series till march next year by beating aus,eng nd nzl , although its a big if...i have full confidence saffers will screw their own chances to be even close to #1

right now eng are 118 pts,saf 117,ind 111, aus 111 kinda amuses me india can again reach numero uno position after 3 home series till march next year by beating aus,eng nd nzl , although its a big if...i have full confidence saffers will screw their own chances to be even close to #1
It would be hilarious to see India back at the top. Wonder what English and Paki trolls will do once that happens :hysterical:
It would be hilarious to see India back at the top. Wonder what English and Paki trolls will do once that happens :hysterical:
i dont want that fake no 1... dont really care about it these white washes are gonna hurt for long time..for me odis is time pass now a days even if we win cb series.. it wont cheer me up much :(( only win in south africa ,england earn us no1 w/o the carnage from trolls :P
i dont want that fake no 1... dont really care about it these white washes are gonna hurt for long time..for me odis is time pass now a days even if we win cb series.. it wont cheer me up much :(( only win in south africa ,england earn us no1 w/o the carnage from trolls :P
Can't wait for India to regain the top ranking which they should as they play at home for some time :--D
frankly they have to stop that ranking system and Start world Test championship some how