England tour of India - Oct 14 - Oct 29, 2011

1983-2011

England tour of India - Oct 14 - Oct 29, 2011  

1. 1.

Our 11 will be : Gauti Rahane Kohli Tiwari Dhoni Raina Jaddu Ashwin PK Aravind Aaron/Yadav
I would prefer to play both Varun and Umesh first along with PK as the Pacers , only if one of them fails , would i think of getting arvind a chance...Vinay is not an international class bowler ( though arvind also does not look that promising). I wud go with PK Varun and Umesh as pacers actually for both the matches as we need to back fast bowlers, then we will need to play ashwin and Jaddu as spinners. rahane, gambhir kohli raina parthiv and dhoni may also play...parthiv is doing well so dhoni may prefer parthiv to tiwary at least I feel so. it is said that parthiv may open along with rahane and gambhir may come 1 down and Virat at no 4 followed by raina dhoni and jaddu. I wud have preferred yusuf pathan to play ahead of Jaddu...he is a power Batsman and can change the course of the match at the end with his out of the world batting...the time when jaddu is required to bat ( at no 7) specially on Patta wickets , one needs a powerful allrounder to come n hit few sixes , and he is more of a no 5 or no 6 batsman. pathan suits no 7 and he shud not be dropped just bcos he gets out while he goes for those out of the world hits...at that position it is always a HIT or a MISS as normally he comes into bat at the 45th over...there is no better batsman in INDIA at no 7 than YUSUF Pathan.. i would like to go ahead and say that INDIA has never had a better batsman then yusuf at no 7 for one days and he shud always be selected. i have seen YUSUF batting in some T 20's at Mumbai matches and his shots were STUNNING and even when the shot went past dhoni , he never had the chance to slide, the shots are so powerful ....this guys has the Power of a BULL , he is as powerful as the Mumbai Pollard and as u know that Pollard and Pathan are the first guys one shud select while selecting a t 20 or even a 1 daY TEAM.
If he was good enough to be in England' date=' why drop him without a fair chance? I hear that the focus is on yougsters. Hope the selectors dont change tracks soon.[/quote'] BADRI CAN only suit a test match and is a specially designed batsman for 5 days ...guys like dravid , badri , kaif are those who always need to adjust for 1 day and t 20's...I am totally with Badri not being sleected..on Indian patta tracks even a iqbal abdulla can bat against anderson and tim brett , one does not need a technically sound Badri to play in 1 days. secondly badri does not seem to be as good as rahane or even mukund ....badri was selected ahead of both but as on today he is way behind both.
BADRI CAN only suit a test match and is a specially designed batsman for 5 days ...guys like dravid , badri , kaif are those who always need to adjust for 1 day and t 20's...I am totally with Badri not being sleected..on Indian patta tracks even a iqbal abdulla can bat against anderson and tim brett , one does not need a technically sound Badri to play in 1 days. secondly badri does not seem to be as good as rahane or even mukund ....badri was selected ahead of both but as on today he is way behind both.
Sir ji badri is not good enough. He has shortcomings against short pitch bowling can never succed in test cricket. Just because his batting seems boring and no-frills, we need not put him in the test batsmen's list.
Sir ji badri is not good enough. He has shortcomings against short pitch bowling can never succed in test cricket. Just because his batting seems boring and no-frills' date=' we need not put him in the test batsmen's list.[/quote'] I may Agree but I would like to give such a strong statement( badri not good enuf even for tests) only after badri has got a fair chance....i feel He may Improve as a test batsmen.... Dravid earlier used to be a useless one day batsmen and ganguly was dropping him and hence played him as a Keeper but later he improved even as a 1 day batsmen similiarly badri may learn and improve as a test batsmen as he has loads of patience which ensures that he Applies himself, so if he improves a couple of his weakness( like bouncers) ..he may be our test future. i am impressed by Rahane and even Parthiv to quite an extent and even Mukund looks good.. i always appreciated manoj tiwary as well....i am excited about Varun and yadav sharing the new ball ...it wud be interesting.
I may Agree but I would like to give such a strong statement( badri not good enuf even for tests) only after badri has got a fair chance....i feel He may Improve as a test batsmen.... Dravid earlier used to be a useless one day batsmen and ganguly was dropping him and hence played him as a Keeper but later he improved even as a 1 day batsmen similiarly badri may learn and improve as a test batsmen as he has loads of patience which ensures that he Applies himself, so if he improves a couple of his weakness( like bouncers) ..he may be our test future. i am impressed by Rahane and even Parthiv to quite an extent and even Mukund looks good.. i always appreciated manoj tiwary as well....i am excited about Varun and yadav sharing the new ball ...it wud be interesting.
I saw him struggling on the docile tracks of India against the short pitch stuff by Ishant Sharma during the Irani trophy match in 2008 and since then I have believed he should not be in our test side. But when he was part of the test team in WI, I somehow felt he may have improved but he has not. It's high time now, he should not be persisted with. But looking at the way trundlers like Vinay Koomar are persisted with, I seriously have no hope.