Shami ahmed-First impression..!!!

Blue Panther

Then it has to be in the last over as sunnyji_2k said. Did any of you actually see this speed on tv ?
Cricinfo usually downgrades speed mentioned in text for Indian bowlers marginally but randomly after initial commentary, I have seen this happen several times. I think his effort ball would be 145 and stock would be 139 so just making 'Fast', but 1-5 kph does not really matter he is quick besides note what Dhoni and Bailey said he is quicker than he appears that means he probably kisses the surface and hits the bat heavy, there was atleast one ball where he inswung and hurried the bat to bowl out the batsman that was awesome. He swings more and yorks way more than Yadav. He is like a Sreesanth( non freak version) in his peak, if he continues this work then we will have a good bowler.
was seeing 2007 ind-aus World t20 game yest' date=' he was pretty quick then effortlessly clocking 142+..strange lives people live in. Why would someone stop doing that.[/quote'] He stopped working hard, gained weight, got injured after that now repeatedly makes come back, injured again then again makes come back and this cycle is continuing. He never looks as fit as he was in 2007 whenever I see him play these days. Munaf is another tragedy. What a bowler he was when I saw him in his first test.
Cricinfo usually downgrades speed mentioned in text for Indian bowlers marginally but randomly after initial commentary, I have seen this happen several times. I think his effort ball would be 145 and stock would be 139 so just making 'Fast', but 1-5 kph does not really matter he is quick besides note what Dhoni and Bailey said he is quicker than he appears that means he probably kisses the surface and hits the bat heavy, there was atleast one ball where he inswung and hurried the bat to bowl out the batsman that was awesome. He swings more and yorks way more than Yadav. He is like a Sreesanth( non freak version) in his peak, if he continues this work then we will have a good bowler.
If he works on his runup, he will get quicker and more consistent. His runup is not that great right now. He is not tall, around 5'8"-9". So, he will always be a skidy bowler.
Indian pacers who have combined decent pace with skill. Srinath -- 1998 to 2003 Nehra -- 2003 to 2007 RP -- 2007 to 2008 Apart from Srinath , nobody could sustain for long. Hopefully Shami can.
honorable mention to Zak.. he was pretty pacy through that insane 2003 WC pace attack..3 145+ bowlers who could swing or seam it both ways for India !! we were like Australia, just that Aus ,NZ and Pak had their best ever speed demons the 155+ club at the same time.
honorable mention to Zak.. he was pretty pacy through that insane 2003 WC pace attack..3 145+ bowlers who could swing or seam it both ways for India !! we were like Australia' date=' just that Aus ,NZ and [b']Pak had their best ever speed demons the 155+ club at the same time.
Druggies should not be counted :nono:
well his average pace was also not close to Lee and Bond. But there is an aura around their names hear it. Lee Bond Akthar One could bet that these are not mellow sweet something's in the ground, although Bret was a pretty sweet guy off it.
Lee Bond Akthar ..Tait... see there is something in their names when you have to be express. :cantstop: Best and Johnson just do not sound similar
Run up can go wrong when starts to lose it and stutters. Although seen him lose run up but still bowl good ball
No., not that wrong. He has a bit bigger strides (steps) in his runup when he runs in for a short guy. Strides can be shortened a bit like Johnson did. Johnson increased the length of his runup but shortened the strides (steps). It will help him getting better momentum through the crease and better balance at the delivery stride.
honorable mention to Zak.. he was pretty pacy through that insane 2003 WC pace attack..3 145+ bowlers who could swing or seam it both ways for India !! we were like Australia' date=' just that Aus ,NZ and Pak had their best ever speed demons the 155+ club at the same time.[/quote'] By the time Zak became skilled, he was not that pacy barring an odd spell.
was seeing 2007 ind-aus World t20 game yest' date=' he was pretty quick then effortlessly clocking 142+..strange lives people live in. Why would someone stop doing that.[/quote'] My opinion is that the strength and conditioning work he did on his county stint wore off.