Shami ahmed-First impression..!!!

Blue Panther

like i said pace was not problem..he just did not get swing in air which made him lethal and one 1 wicket in series show this ..
Problem is, swing is not available in most conditions. Bhuvi had another tool and that was seam movement and zip off the pitch. We saw that , whenever he succeeded. In this series the pitches were flat and swing was not available that much. BK needed the seaming ball and zip off the pitch as he got earlier to get more wickets .. But that aspect was missing. As he has good control and is an intelligent bowler, he was still very economical and should have been used as a death bowler.
Problem is, swing is not available in most conditions. Bhuvi had another tool and that was seam movement and zip off the pitch. We saw that , whenever he succeeded. In this series the pitches were flat and swing was not available that much. BK needed the seaming ball and zip off the pitch as he got earlier to get more wickets.. As he has good control and is an intelligent bowler, he was still very economical and should have been used as a death bowler.
that is the difference i believe that pitches helped him seam while these are totally flat..
that is the difference i believe that pitches helped him seam while these are totally flat..
In all 3 matches Shami played, he seamed the ball. I have seen Bhuvi seam the ball on flat pitches too. So, it got to be about application. Not a major issue though. It can happen to anyone for a few matches. We worry because we have seen so many of our pacers lose skill and pace.
In all 3 matches Shami played, he seamed the ball. I have seen Bhuvi seam the ball on flat pitches too. So, it got to be about application. Not a major issue though. It can happen to anyone for a few matches. We worry because we have seen so many of our pacers lose skill and pace.
which flat pitch ? i do not remember one:giggle: and shami is different from bhuvi..bhuvi floats the ball while shami hits the pitch hard so ball since seam is so good skids on in either direction and not to mention its already bowled near 90 mph ..
which flat pitch ? i do not remember one:giggle: and shami is different from bhuvi..bhuvi floats the ball while shami hits the pitch hard so ball since seam is so good skids on in either direction and not to mention its already bowled near 90 mph ..
So we come back to the point that somebody who hits the deck hard and has high release speed has more tools to take wickets in apparently unhelpful conditions, provided he is bowling well. It seems, many poster think that it is a foolish notion and should never be discussed. :winky:
You must have not seen him bowl this series.
Of course i have,Outbowling Unadkat,Vinay and an out of form/unlucky Ishant is not a benchmark....and that too not by a lot. Only Bhuvan has looked a class apart. I have seen Shami bowl before too and he always was unimpressive,but obviously let us give him a longer rope but as of now doesn't seem a world beater to me.
Of course i have,Outbowling Unadkat,Vinay and an out of form/unlucky Ishant is not a benchmark....and that too not by a lot. Only Bhuvan has looked a class apart. I have seen Shami bowl before too and he always was unimpressive,but obviously let us give him a longer rope but as of now doesn't seem a world beater to me.
Ha ha, he is the best bowler in this series including Aussie bowlers..
In this series, Shami has an average of 22 and a strike rate of 20. Most probably the best among both sides. He has taken 7 wickets in 3 matches, . 6 of those wickets are top order batsmen trying to defend, not like VK's wickets when batters were trying to hit him for sixes and caught on the boundary. All this amidst complete batting domination. He seamed the ball both ways, was accurate, bowled at pace, got bounce. Even bowled quite a few yorkers. All this on flat pitches. The experts on both sides were highly impressed with him. If all this is ignored then that is massive bias against him.
Definitely. Flexibility is one of the key requirements of fast bowling. Some pacers have actually lost pace by becoming too bulky after adding too much muscle mass. The key , I guess , is to strike a balance, do strength and endurance training as well as strengthening ligaments and tendons. Having sufficient muscles But not losing flexibility. Top quicks in terms of pace, like Johnson, Umesh, Steyn, Morkel, Finn etc. have done just that.
one obvious exception is After-40-overs-India-had-210-runs-on-the-board-and-only-Kohli-to-bat-with-tail-enders-as-pace-duo-of-Kemar-Roach-and-Tino-Best-had-polished-off-the-Indian-middle-order-.jpg and from earstwhile era. Pakistan-448x240.jpg
kid you should stop pooping in the thread, else i will stop treating you like an underage.
one obvious exception is After-40-overs-India-had-210-runs-on-the-board-and-only-Kohli-to-bat-with-tail-enders-as-pace-duo-of-Kemar-Roach-and-Tino-Best-had-polished-off-the-Indian-middle-order-.jpg and from earstwhile era. Pakistan-448x240.jpg
I knew these two were coming when I posted. :--D Shoaib supposedly had this hyperextension of the arm. His arm supposedly could make an angle of more than 180 degrees at the elbow. Some people thought it was just chucking. Take your pick. That was one of the major factors which contributed to his pace. Also, he was a flexible man inspite of his mass. Best is perhaps a case of exception proves the rule. He would perhaps have bowled 160 k if he was less bulky. :cantstop:
I knew these two were coming when I posted. :--D Shoaib supposedly had this hyperextension of the arm. His arm supposedly could make an angle of more than 180 degrees at the elbow. Some people thought it was just chucking. Take your pick. That was one of the major factors which contributed to his pace. Also, he was a flexible man inspite of his mass. Best is perhaps a case of exception proves the rule. He would perhaps have bowled 160 k if he was less bulky. :cantstop:
but both these guys are beasts in the real sense.. :two_thumbs_up: