Shami ahmed-First impression..!!!

Blue Panther

He missed the 2nd unofficial test vs NZ A due to an injury. Maybe not yet ready for international cricket. Should play another season of domestic cricket, continue to work on his body and hopefully with more A tours next year, will be ready for the SA tour and the subsequent away tours starting after that.

He missed the 2nd unofficial test vs NZ A due to an injury. Maybe not yet ready for international cricket. .
That was due to cold weather, not because he is not physically fit enough. Remember, he played a lot of matches on WI tour without injury. According to WV Raman, he is one of fittest fast bowler in India who can maintain pace through out the day. Here is a statement of the coach.
In bowling, R Vinay Kumar and Jaydev Unadkat bowled extremely well, said Rajput, who also had a word of praise for the leg-spinner Rahul Sharma and pacer Shami Ahmed. "We would have won the first 'Test' had not Shami picked up a side strain because of the cold weather," said Rajput.
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-10-09/top-stories/34342232_1_lalchand-rajput-u-19-unmukt-chand

Opened this thread 2 years back. He just bowled one over then. The sad news is Shammi ahmed was warming the bench for KKR for 2 years and all the slow bowlers played for KKR. I don't remember the slow bowler played for KKR. I think he played for Delhi ranjii team with Gambhir and gambhir just keep giving chances for him to play. Every time he came to bowl, I was thinking why not shami???!!!!..... Can anyone remember his name?

Opened this thread 2 years back. He just bowled one over then. The sad news is Shammi ahmed was warming the bench for KKR for 2 years and all the slow bowlers played for KKR. I don't remember the slow bowler played for KKR. I think he played for Delhi ranjii team with Gambhir and gambhir just keep giving chances for him to play. Every time he came to bowl' date=' I was thinking why not shami???!!!!..... Can anyone remember his name?[/quote'] bhatia?
^^^got banned for telling d truth.
arre yaar i am not into dat stuff anymore. Iam getting married next month. I am 25 now. Mom n dad really wants me to get married quickly. She s cute n hot. I like her. She obeys me even before our marriage . Maybe i can open threads like "how to make ur wife obey ur order"

After Rkt and Wasim akram appreciated Shami I had high expectations of him ... Thot he is close to Umesh Yadav and Varun Aroon What I saw was Quite different.....he is probably Behind Dinda in My books and is a bit of a defensive bowler where as bhuvnesh is always attacking in the first Spell and on his day can get 3 Wickets in his first spell itself....ideal guy to be in team in swing friendly conditions and also bowls upto 138K when needed Dinda needs to be more disciplined .....ishant and shami are defensive bowlers....end up becoming wicketless n unlucky......

After Rkt and Wasim akram appreciated Shami I had high expectations of him ... Thot he is close to Umesh Yadav and Varun Aroon What I saw was Quite different.....he is probably Behind Dinda in My books and is a bit of a defensive bowler where as bhuvnesh is always attacking in the first Spell and on his day can get 3 Wickets in his first spell itself....ideal guy to be in team in swing friendly conditions and also bowls upto 138K when needed Dinda needs to be more disciplined .....ishant and shami are defensive bowlers....end up becoming wicketless n unlucky......
Bowlers need to bowl in a unit and according to the situation. People do not understand it is not as easy as it looks, without having any thoughts how it is done, they form premature opinoins. Not every bowler can attack especially defending a total as low as 167. You need pressure from both sides and not leaking runs and BK and Shami did just that in a combination. It is of no use that you attack and go for plenty of runs like Dinda and Umesh do more often than not in ODIs. You can attack in tests but ODIs is different. If you bowl maidens and low scoring overs, you are bound to buyild pressure and get wickets in ODIs as and when batsmen lose patience. Shami bowled maidens after maidens, not givign many opportunities to score from one end. In fact, he only went for runs in first 5 overs when he tried to attack with short balls both times he went for fours. There must be some methoid behind your bowling which Shami showed and Umesh and Dinda did not not show till now in ODIs. He knew Jamshed's weakness and just bowled him outside off stump and Jamshed could not score much there. Before that, in every match, we were feeding him balls on leg and middle stumps where he is very strong. He does not have too many scoring shots on off side and by bowling there, Shami built pressure from one side without giving free runs and BK got the benefit of it by bowling out Younis Khan who was trying to be aggressive against him.
compare it to first game where bk was doing all the work and there was no real pressure at other end i still dont get wht did every one expected....dale steyn at his best taking 5 wicket haul ?:hysterical:
read what he had said after that match.
You were terrific during the whole spell but more so when you bowled the 48th over a maiden wicket! IÃÎ quite used to that situation when I play for Bengal because all the weight of the bowling is generally on [Ashoke] Dinda and me, especially in such situations. Having said that, international cricket is a different ball game altogether and there was pressure. The intensity is on a different level when playing against Pakistan. As a player, youÃÓe perhaps much keener to do something special. But when bowling my last over, I decided to calm my nerves and try to do the sensible thing of stopping runs rather than going all-out for wickets. I knew as the run-rate goes high, the pressure on them will keep mounting.