Shami ahmed-First impression..!!!

Blue Panther

After Rkt and Wasim akram appreciated Shami I had high expectations of him ... Thot he is close to Umesh Yadav and Varun Aroon What I saw was Quite different.....he is probably Behind Dinda in My books and is a bit of a defensive bowler where as bhuvnesh is always attacking in the first Spell and on his day can get 3 Wickets in his first spell itself....ideal guy to be in team in swing friendly conditions and also bowls upto 138K when needed Dinda needs to be more disciplined .....ishant and shami are defensive bowlers....end up becoming wicketless n unlucky......
Let's cut to the chase, you prefer Dinda because he bowls 2-3mph quicker. The original speed gun disciple. :hehe:
Nothing as boring as your efforts 21,000 plus . And only started 4 threads, all of them match threads. Now thats boring. You must have splinters up your backside to add to the yawn fest. We are starting a game. You are constantly trolling me and I will now constantly troll your boring posts.
i wont be able to sleep now :((
On a serious note the fielders saved about 5 boundaries of his bowling' date=' basically he was bowling at least 1 boundary ball an over.[/quote'] It happens to every bowler in every match. Fielding is part of the game and that is why top fielding sides like Aus and SA have such successful bowling unit and those were not bouncary balls. Because Dhoni had attacking field set with 3 slips, that is why there were a lot of gaps and mere pushes would travel fast on that outfield.

That's not the point......shAmmi bowled a Test line in a ODI bcos condittions were swinging he got away......had he bowled those balls on a flat Patta.....he wud have got hit for Multiple 4"s as he was giving width....but those balls swung Out and deviated of the seam( possibly his seem was straight) but I believe on a flat wicket he wud be murdered. On a Flat wicket Attacking bowlers Survive as they bowl on wickets and go with the policy of either u hit or I hit.......that's Why I Like Umesh Yadav and I appreciate that strategy as well....going defensive does not pay in the long Run though people say one must balance from being attacking n defensive. India have plenty of defensive bowlers bowlers who can restrict run scoring but go wicketless......I don't need to count them........bhajji even VK ws a bit like that and so many guys including Ishant.........ishant feels that he has done his job by bowling an over conceeding 3 runs, but actually the new ball is loosing his Shine so I wud not give him the new ball unless he is bowling at his best....I mean when he bends his back and bowls 140+ 5 out of 6 times.

If Shammi plays against england in Rajkot.....he won't Suceed or won't even manage to save runs..... Good bowlers are those Who have certain Pronounced Strengths..... Like Manoj prabhakkar used to hit on Seem and get Swing ...I saw a ball on which he got Jawed miandad lbw in a ODI which was cancelled bcos of rowdy crowd as pak tumebled to 25 for 4 or so.....his ball moved 12 inches Or Srinath Who was Fast and inswinging...... We need to be CHOOSY and Selective and not Just Talk highly about every new bowler till he actually Suceeds.....I wish Shammi the BEST and hope he proves me wrong but right now I feel he is a 6 on 10 Pacer where as we need 8 on 10 one"s...... Srinath was 8 on 10 when he was at his 90 percent fitness....and a 10 on 10 pacer at fuLl rhythm. Zak is also like that I believe he played england series carrying some injury ....or he wasn't fully fit or he had a BELLY .....what ever. Its better a Pacer does not play if he is not Supremmely Fit.

That's not the point......shAmmi bowled a Test line in a ODI bcos condittions were swinging he got away......had he bowled those balls on a flat Patta.....he wud have got hit for Multiple 4"s as he was giving width....but those balls swung Out and deviated of the seam( possibly his seem was straight) but I believe on a flat wicket he wud be murdered. On a Flat wicket Attacking bowlers Survive as they bowl on wickets and go with the policy of either u hit or I hit.......that's Why I Like Umesh Yadav and I appreciate that strategy as well....going defensive does not pay in the long Run though people say one must balance from being attacking n defensive. India have plenty of defensive bowlers bowlers who can restrict run scoring but go wicketless......I don't need to count them........bhajji even VK ws a bit like that and so many guys including Ishant.........ishant feels that he has done his job by bowling an over conceeding 3 runs, but actually the new ball is loosing his Shine so I wud not give him the new ball unless he is bowling at his best....I mean when he bends his back and bowls 140+ 5 out of 6 times.
Umesh and Dinda bowl aggressively what is their ER and average in ODIs. Let me know. You cannot attack all the time in ODIs, you will go for runs. As Wasim Akram always says, you need to look to bowl as tight as possible on flat tracks and that itself will result in bad shots and mistakes from batsmen and you will get wickets. McGrath did it all his life. Nathan Bracken was such a successful ODI bowler because of that and this is the only way a bowler can have good ER as well as good average in ODIs. Bowling according to the situation is what is important for a bowler. Shami is not an express bowler like Lee to attack every time neither is Dinda a very quick bowler. Shami may or may not succeed that is a different thing, but judging based on one match where he bowled as well as he could in his debut match is unwarranted. If Dinda had played this match, I am sure we certtainly would have lost it.

That's good point RKT.....I appreciate your thought Process but I differ.... I would play a brett Lee always ahead of a MC grath if I am the Captain. I wud play a Umesh Yadav always ahead of Ishant or Bhajji or PK..... Dhoni was defensive in england and he played PK ahead of a FIT Varun aroon and then he had to elook foolish as Varun suceeded in India....... A fit Varun Aroon Or Umesh Yadav is a BOON for the captain and I wud play these Guys ALWAYS if they are available......DHoni was crying of fast bowlers and he had one in his team and he wasn't playing him....... If One attacks all the time he is Bound to Suceed sooner than Later....these attacking guys do bowl a few balls defensive too but defensive approach does not lead to WINS.