Shami ahmed-First impression..!!!

Blue Panther

It definitely is possible. Gym time can add pace to everyone. Steffan Jones added 11mph (18kph) with a "special strength" programme during his county career.
i think ryan harris one of the leading bowlers in world today also added lot of pace with gym .. this is what i mean by that its always better to have skill and pace rather then being just happy with skill ..
i think ryan harris one of the leading bowlers in world today also added lot of pace with gym .. this is what i mean by that its always better to have skill and pace rather then being just happy with skill ..
Gavaskar and lsrk were discussing the dismissal of finch, where before hitting the pitch, seam was pointed for outswinger, but after it hit the pitch, it went inwards. This is a really good skill I believe Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes but he can do it at good pace, which is a good sign. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
his biggest strength is his swing which we did not see in this series cos of nature of pitches :winky: good to see he has other options to attack too ..but if it swings you wil see real shami imo which impressed me so much last year:winky:
it pisses me off so much you ant perfection from one guy who also bowls fast but pure awful stuff form slower guy to get rid of him .
Vinay used to be better than he bowled in this series. He was never a great bowler but he used to have a good ODI record which came from bowling good spells every so often. He isn't bowling these spells anymore. This is not to say it was always wrong to pick him, just that he was decent and now is bowling poorly. We've seen this from a lot of pacers in the past. A lot of bowlers struggled in this series and although I think Vinay should be dropped, I don't think we should overstate how bad he is as a bowler. He can swing the ball nicely and bowls consistently. His error is that his length is too short for flat pitches and he struggles to correct this and struggles to maintain his cool when he is getting hit (don't we all). Speaking about Yadav raises an interesting point about playing bowlers in the formats where they are not best suited. I personally believe that Yadav should have played in this series but that it is hard to say whether he'd have done well or not. His career record does not look good and he took punishment in Challenger Trophy. The big risk is not trying him out in this ODI series (because surely he cannot be worse than Ishant and Vinay) but rather that a poor performance will impact on his confidence which will in turn affect his Test match bowling. We saw how Dhawan's Test debut gave him so much confidence in all formats, I think the opposite can be true. Although I don't think you should confuse the formats too much, I think they can be linked by confidence at times.
I don't know whether it was gym or not but I recall Australian members on another forum noting that he used to bowl 125kph. Something which holds back serious weight training from cricketers is the belief that it will cause injuries. It is an interesting point and I'd love to read research into it. You have the injury prone Watson who has only recently been injury free (before today) after stopping weights and doing yoga. Harris is injury prone and another big guy, Napier from England, also gets injured often. I find it hard to find logic as to why being stronger will make you more likely to get injured - surely it will make you more injury resistant. So yeah, if anyone has research into that, I would like to read it.