Spot-fixing: Butt, Asif and Aamer found guilty, sentenced to jail !!

SachDan

Very shocked by some opinions around the world from Pakistani. Their basic reason is that they are poor so their players need the money and therefore IPL was the root cause. Very pathetic and really shows how hatred for one country can led to making illogical statements.

how the heck did PCB allow those three guys to be criminally prosecuted in another country. and why the hell did did those three players allow it to happen. if the reverse happened would ECB allow their players to be tried in sub-continent. and their media would go bonkers on how in earth they have allowed it.

Guys it is funny to see people buying into the fact that Aamir was only 18.Please add atleast 5 years to his age.That still makes him young enough but not a doodh peetha baccha that people are making him out to be He hailed from a humble background and extremely talented no doubt .It is sad to see him throw it away but he doesn't deserve any sympathy and he deserved what he got.If any he espaced with a lighter ban due to his fake age.

how the heck did PCB allow those three guys to be criminally prosecuted in another country. and why the hell did did those three players allow it to happen. if the reverse happened would ECB allow their players to be tried in sub-continent. and their media would go bonkers on how in earth they have allowed it.
The PCB do not have a say in the matter nor would the English if this was in the sub continent! These guys broke the law of the land in England therefore will go to jail in England simple as that!
Don't know why as I know I shouldn't. But I feels sorry for them actually going to prison for this. Aamer is a kid and doing time and facing 5 year ban seems sad to me.
The fact that he could have been one of best bowlers of this new generation is what makes it worse :(( 150kph, swinging, pace, effortless :banghead: :headshake:
Would have major impact on getting future visas for commonwealth countries coz basically you skipped, and technically there is an arrest warrant? and the downright notion that they are guilty. Its better to face the music then hide, coz they can't - their families etc have their own lives and can't live in a bunker

When you understand aamers rural background and desperation for money etc that they have. To me it makes almost impossible from someone with his eductaion, background, age to turn down money to do something. When you see drug dopers in sports getting just 2 year bans and then are back winning golds at olympics it does seem harsh to have 5 year ban

I dont get this either. Why did they go to england for the trials? Do they have some extradition treaty? I dont think UK and pakistan have, as otherwise laods of jihadis(planning to blow people up in uk) would be in England going to prison

Was Australia v Pakistan Test Match at Sydney in January 2010 fixed as well?

THERE is a question about the way the Sydney Test ended that has to be asked. It is a question that has already been asked in bars, back rooms and on websites, a question that you can be sure the International Cricket Council is asking. It is a question you've probably asked yourself. It is a question colleague Peter Roebuck asked obliquely on Thursday (January 7, 2010) when he wrote: ''A team trying to lose could hardly have played any worse.'' Overnight, Australia was eight down and 80 ahead. Yet for all of the 2ŽÂ½-hour morning session on the last day, Pakistan appeared to do no more than spread its field wide and wait for either Mike Hussey or Peter Siddle to get out. For Hussey, it made some sense. For Siddle, for hours at a time, it made less. For both, it made none. ...
Complete Story/Source: The Sydney Morning Herald
When you understand aamers rural background and desperation for money etc that they have. To me it makes almost impossible from someone with his eductaion, background, age to turn down money to do something. When you see drug dopers in sports getting just 2 year bans and then are back winning golds at olympics it does seem harsh to have 5 year ban
Yup. If we manages to return to cricket and play for Pakistan again. I wont look down at him, he made a mistake.......but those mistakes were obviously a result of heavy influence, lack of education and the naivety from the environment around him. A kid with so much talent cant just throw it all away knowingly for a little bit of dough.
Would have major impact on getting future visas for commonwealth countries coz basically you skipped, and technically there is an arrest warrant? and the downright notion that they are guilty. Its better to face the music then hide, coz they can't - their families etc have their own lives and can't live in a bunker
Personally I don't think that is the case, UK has no extradition treaty with Pakistan.My feeling is those guys along with foolish PCB thought they could beat it and look good in the public eye. PCB had nothing to lose they already cancelled their contracts and if they were proven not guilty then they would shout over roof tops on how Pakistan was being prosecuted with some hidden agenda.If guilty verdict was given like it has been in this case they will put all the blame squarely on the players. What stuns me is the legal teams of those players after seeing all the evidence were not able to project guilty verdict. Didn't Gibbs not tour India for long time in fear of getting prosecuted by Indian courts.I thought these three would have followed his suit.
When you understand aamers rural background and desperation for money etc that they have. To me it makes almost impossible from someone with his eductaion' date= background, age to turn down money to do something. When you see drug dopers in sports getting just 2 year bans and then are back winning golds at olympics it does seem harsh to have 5 year ban
I kind of agree with this. But the most important thing is that even if he was given a shorter ban, he would need proper guidance to make a comeback and I don't see that happening in Pakistan and that IMHO is the biggest reason for many of Pakistan cricket's evils.
The British prison system is divided into four categories A-D, with A being for criminals who are considered a danger to the public or national security. D category is for prisoners who are not considered a risk to society and not expected to attempt escape. They are also likely to have more privileges like being able to wander around the grounds when they wish and have free access to the internet and other leisure options.
:hysterical:
Personally I don't think that is the case, UK has no extradition treaty with Pakistan.My feeling is those guys along with foolish PCB thought they could beat it and look good in the public eye. PCB had nothing to lose they already cancelled their contracts and if they were proven not guilty then they would shout over roof tops on how Pakistan was being prosecuted with some hidden agenda.If guilty verdict was given like it has been in this case they will put all the blame squarely on the players. What stuns me is the legal teams of those players after seeing all the evidence were not able to project guilty verdict. Didn't Gibbs not tour India for long time in fear of getting prosecuted by Indian courts.I thought these three would have followed his suit.
Exactly..Didnt they know they could get jailed?

Look at Tendulkar. He was a youngster; he was from a middle class family. But see how he handled the fame and pressures of international cricket. During match fixing days, he did not fell in the trap. Instead he was always trying to win the game for his country.

Ramiz Raja was saying, whenever he interviewed Aamir, he found him to be mature and very street smart. Doesn't deserve that much sympathy