Impressed by Aaron

He has' date=' 3 matches average over 40.[/quote'] Cricinfo says 3 matches at 33. Clearly he has not set the world alight but it is a small sample compared to Aaron, and there is not so much discrepancy with others. To Aaron's credit his other records are very good. I just think he has maybe been rushed into the Test arena to little benefit for anyone.
Cricinfo says 3 matches at 33. Clearly he has not set the world alight but it is a small sample compared to Aaron, and there is not so much discrepancy with others. To Aaron's credit his other records are very good. I just think he has maybe been rushed into the Test arena to little benefit for anyone.
That 33 is after they included his 7 wickets at Wanderers, his first test. I just wanted to say both of them are picked purely based on pace and their natural talent and potential, not by performance, so should not talk about how effective or not he was at FC level. We saw today how he bowled and he was more impressive than what Umesh Yadav was o his first day and was more accurate than what Yadav was at around same pace. So, i do not know about the unfair criticism on him. People were talking similarly about Yadav as well after the First innings at Kotla.

On a flat track like this Cummins would have struggled similarly too. When we find potential in fast bowlers we should get them into the scheme of things straight away. If we wait for these bowlers to prove themselves in these roads in domestic cricket they will soon change into trundlers. There is nothing wrong in Aaron learning in test cricket. Yes he might frustrate in the short term future but will only benifit us long term.

oops :cantstop: Ok let's see how he goes tomorrow. Hopefully will do well, India does need options.
That is why we cannot let these talented guy toil on unresponsive domestic tracks. They wont learn much their in comparison to test cricket. It also creates a bit of competition in the team and every bowlers know that he had to do well and stay on his toes. Otherwise, there are others who can take that place. We still have Abu Nechim, Rahul Shukla, Mohammad Shami, Tyagi, B Kumar, Wagh, etc. who are also working hard in FC to claim a spot.
Its obvious many did not watch game and look at fact aaron and ishant have zero wickets as evidence of not bowling well. If you watched and saw the game you will know how well they both bowled and how any pacer would have struggled to get in to wickets column.
That is absolutely correct. There are days when even good deliveries do not buy you a wicket and it was that kind of a day for Aaron and Ishant.
rkt is saying right. If he can sort out his run-up problem' date=' he can be more faster than Umesh Yadav and in 1 year or so, he will touching 150 k regularly. The good thing about Varun Aaron is his lower body which looks very powerful. [b']His legs are very strong and his butt is much round shaped that gives you the idea that his pace actually is coming from his butt and lower part of the body which is ideal. Varun's upper body is strong as well but he is generating pace basically thru his lower half. Australia will be the best place to take both these bowlers to, Umesh and Varun. I remember, the last tour of Australia, where Ishant and Sreesanth had taken their fitness levels from 6/10 to 9/10. And then there is always enough gap between matches in Australia to recover. I just hope selectors will take both these bowlers there
Wow!! Comment of the year as far as I am concerned.
Looks to me not nearly ready for Tests. And yes I know we take the piss out of trundlers, but there has to be some basis if you are going to pick a player - Yadav avg. is 25 at first class, Aaron's is over 40. He has good pace but there is no harm in waiting longer before inducting him into Test squads. Is a flat track though so not the most helpful start. But is this an audition for Australia?
Agreed.
That is why we cannot let these talented guy toil on unresponsive domestic tracks. They wont learn much their in comparison to test cricket. It also creates a bit of competition in the team and every bowlers know that he had to do well and stay on his toes. Otherwise' date=' there are others who can take that place. We still have Abu Nechim, Rahul Shukla, Mohammad Shami, Tyagi,[b'] B Kumar, Wagh, etc. who are also working hard in FC to claim a spot.
Have you seen much of him in domestic cricket. I heard he is a potential all rounder. He is not express pace but i really liked his action when i saw him in the IPL;.
Have you seen much of him in domestic cricket. I heard he is a potential all rounder. He is not express pace but i really liked his action when i saw him in the IPL;.
I have seen a bit of him. He can be a useful alrounder, still very young, bowls around 130s and can move the ball both ways and is a decent bat as well.
And ridiculously so ' date=' as well as being ridiculously judgemental of an indian fast bowler on debut who clocked 90+mph on a fast bowlers graveyard of a pitch.[/quote'] Shree shanth also used to bowl fast..... he is even better Dancer.... :winky:
If impatient is your term for realistic then ok :cantstop: Are you not allowed to comment if you are not overly impressed by a bowler? Everyone falls over themselves with praise when someone does bowl well. It is hardly writing him off as a pub team bowler is it......
Have you watched full bowling of his or talking based on just stats of day 1?
Have you watched full bowling of his or talking based on just stats of day 1?
I wouldn't comment if it was just based on stats. I know these guys have it tough on flat pitches like this, so wicketless seamers is not a surprise. Most of the time I stay off the fast bowling topics. Just watched some of his bowling and it seemed a touch wayward and he was struggling with length. Also his run-up seems quite laboured (maybe you know more about this?). But certainly not writing him off. It seems a lot of people are just saying the same thing about pace which I don't think is helpful. Certainly will watch tomorrow.
rkt is saying right. If he can sort out his run-up problem' date=' he can be more faster than Umesh Yadav and in 1 year or so, he will touching 150 k regularly. The good thing about Varun Aaron is his lower body which looks very powerful. [b']His legs are very strong and his butt is much round shaped that gives you the idea that his pace actually is coming from his butt and lower part of the body which is ideal. Varun's upper body is strong as well but he is generating pace basically thru his lower half.
wtf :haha::haha::haha::haha:
:WTF:
:giggle:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
For all of guys, who are having laugh on this previous message of mine, I am afraid to say that none of you have played proper Cricket. Coz, if anyone of you would played Cricket, would have been able to understand what I was trying to say. I frankly thought that on this cricket website, most of the people knows this basic coaching tip of fast bowling and pace is basically generated thru the lower part of the body. Hips is actually one of the most powerful muscle with extra fat that helps you getting faster. While bowling fast, power generates from our feet to calves to back thighs to hips to chest and then to shoulders. Ask any cricket academy coach, he will tell you this. A few links for all of you nerds to check out http://www.pitchvision.com/the-immutable-laws-of-fast-bowling-part-2/ http://howtobowlfastincricket.weebly.com/flexibility-for-fast-bowlers.html http://www.maverickscricket.com/fast-bowling-tips.html