Impressed by Aaron

would not judge a bowler on these flat wickets . especially some one playing his first test ...he seems to be picking some cheap wickets ' date=' but in the past we have struggled to clean the tail , so credit to him ..[b']I only so his first spell on day1 & tbh he was for more impressive than Yadav first up .
Absolutely.
I think you need to remember is' date=' if VA goes back to domestic cricket, there is 95% possibility that he might loose his raw pace there[/quote'] Why? 145kph will help him achieve dominance in domestic cricket where that sort of speed is uncommon. Why would domestic cricket make him lose that? When bowlers like Munaf, Irfan Pathan, Ishant Sharma all lost pace, it was while playing international cricket. It is difficult not to be condescending when such a foolish post is made. Does anyone believe that performance against West Indies in one Test is what was being debated, especially since it came as the opposition amassed almost 600. The thing us 'naysayers' question is whether he can perform against good opposition over a long period of time.

People say why we do not produce Fast Bowler. Guy is really struggling on a horror of a pitch in his first match and everyone is out to put him down (commentators , most people who start saying he is not good etc.) If only guys got help from the pitches and everyone we will encourage many more young kids to take up fast bowling

I don't know what do people here means when they say that it's only against West Indies. He has pace and he bowled better than what his stats suggest. These are kind of bowlers that you persist with. He will learn with experience. Fast bowlers should be given a good run before making judgement on them. Don't expect a Malcolm Marshall to emerge straight away from domestic cricket.

Some here are really fickle. During the first some were whinging Yadav should be dropped since he isnt ready and pointing out how Edwards is bowling. Now some are doing the same thing to aaron and comparing him with Ishant and saying he isnt ready for test cricket.And already want him to be dropped. Aaron is playing his first test for FFS and that on a road.There is no reason he should go back to domestic cricket.He will learn a lot better bowling test cricket and working with the likes of Zaheer and Eric simmons rather than bowling in Ranji trophy.

Bravo's wicket - 142.4 kmph, 88.3 mph Baugh's wicket- 144.5 kmph, 89.7 mph Sammy's wicket- 142 kmph, 88 mph Samuel's drop catch by MSD- 140.8 kmph, 87.2 mph All four of them earned due to the extra pace. Let's see how he does on the tracks with some pace and bounce on them.
139 k average speed in this innings for 28 overs. If he can only improve his run up and give up that hop and skip method, he can easily get more momentum while running and can easily bowl even quicker than this.
For all of guys, who are having laugh on this previous message of mine, I am afraid to say that none of you have played proper Cricket. Coz, if anyone of you would played Cricket, would have been able to understand what I was trying to say. I frankly thought that on this cricket website, most of the people knows this basic coaching tip of fast bowling and pace is basically generated thru the lower part of the body. Hips is actually one of the most powerful muscle with extra fat that helps you getting faster. While bowling fast, power generates from our feet to calves to back thighs to hips to chest and then to shoulders. Ask any cricket academy coach, he will tell you this. A few links for all of you nerds to check out http://www.pitchvision.com/the-immutable-laws-of-fast-bowling-part-2/ http://howtobowlfastincricket.weebly.com/flexibility-for-fast-bowlers.html http://www.maverickscricket.com/fast-bowling-tips.html
Any athlete, not just fast bowler, gather their power and speed from the hip muscle. When a boxer lands a punch, he twists his body so as to generate maximum power which origninates from hips. Same is true for fast bowlers. When you look at bowlers like Shoaib and Brett , their strong hip muscles help them bowl fast. They twist and use their hip muscle like a catapult, if you can watch closely, you will understand what I am trying to say. It is absolutely correct when Jeff Thommo says that to generate pace, you need to have strong lower body, especially hip muscle. I have been in athletic all through my life and I can say, this is elementary !

I really feel Aaron was not bending his back & he was bowling well within himself on that patta pitch.Still he was bowling good speeds,around 137-144ks.On quicker & more helpful tracks he can be a match winner with his natural back off a length. I really hope he gets selected for the Aussie tour.Zak will be there & he'll emerge as a better bowler for sure.

Aaron :two_thumbs_up: .... We can blame the pitch, bowlers, dropped catches, etal but let's hand to the windies batters for once and give credit where it is due. Aaron at 3/106 has done equally as well as MOST of our other recent seamers have done on debut and his match figures are not even completed yet... Umesh 2/88 at delhi unadkat 0/101 on a pitch where saffers bowled us over for 136 pk - 6/80 in windies mithun 4/105 in SL Ishant 1/49 in dhaka vrv singh 2/96 in windies munaf 7/97 at mohali sreesanth 4/131 nagpur rp singh 5/164 in pak So I would say that he has been on par and deserves to stay with the national team to gain further exposure.

Any athlete, not just fast bowler, gather their power and speed from the hip muscle. When a boxer lands a punch, he twists his body so as to generate maximum power which origninates from hips. Same is true for fast bowlers. When you look at bowlers like Shoaib and Brett , their strong hip muscles help them bowl fast. They twist and use their hip muscle like a catapult, if you can watch closely, you will understand what I am trying to say. It is absolutely correct when Jeff Thommo says that to generate pace, you need to have strong lower body, especially hip muscle. I have been in athletic all through my life and I can say, this is elementary !
Yes, the same thing that I was trying to say in my first message, but everyone here who don't know about it, started making fun of mine. I have learnt a lil bit of boxing. Even in boxing, the round arm jab gathers energy from our hip and thighs and that transforms into out powerful punch.

my first comment :) i was reading first few pages and people were bashing him, not good enough, not ready etc well i think if u compare umesh yadav in his first match on maybe not helpful pitch but still india was on top he bowled really badly in first innings and started improving in 2nd innings aaron to me looked much more impressive if u compare to that beating batsmen number of times in first spell ..he got edge of edwards which went through slips..then he gets 3 wickets well set bravo,then got baugh(through pace imo) and i think he nicked samules only to be dropped by dhoni and 1 more wicket so 3 wickets ,1 genuine drop on flat track i think it was great i like what i see in this guy bowls close to wicket line is fine length can improve but its his debut form what i remember and about pace are u guys freaking kidding me? pat cummings who was bowling some deliveries in 150's in odis was in lower 130's in test in 2nd innings !..steyn bowls in 130's normally itso nly when he is fired up or in good rythem hegoes into 140's or when situation demands like bi partnership and he needs to get wicket.. itsn ot physically possible to bowl at 100 percent on flat track in heat..from what i ve seen.. this guy has good future needs to play odis (west indies) would like to see more of him but ya right now even though umesh has advantage of extra test match ...umesh>aaron and i would play zaheer/praveen,ishant(loved his spell today keep it up),umesh in team, aaron as back up

true!

In second innings' date=' this pitch will become even more patta for fast bowlers. In second innings Dhoni will hardly bowl fast bowlers or might open with spinners as well[/quote'] well thats dhoni for you not really a fast bowlers captain i was surprised that he gave aaron another spell(the one in which he got 3 wickets and 1 drop) he needs to understand quick bowlers better.. the way he handeled yadav in 2nd match was frustrating to say the least guy is in middle of a great spell and u change him and deprive him from some well deserved wickets i just hope zaheer gets fit and helps umesh yadav specially cos his art is same ,swing,reverse swing,yorkers(when zaheer first came) and just like zaheer he knows how to get batsman out which is rare talent (see ishtant :(()