Gautam Gambhir seems to be a shadow of his previous self..

Gambhir has become my favorite batsmen in the team after that knock. He's the new "WALL" of India. Gets run out like Dravid a lot of times but without him we would not have been able to contain Malinga imo' date=' after he ran through Sachin/Sehwag like nothing. Gambhir broke his bat handling Malinga. Pure respect.[/quote'] Definitely could be the new "WALL". He is a gritty character who toughs it out in difficult circumstances and like Gary Kirsten says he is a streetfighter. I love watching this guy bat for India. This is one of the most ridiculous threads i have seen on this forum!
Definitely could be the new "WALL". He is a gritty character who toughs it out in difficult circumstances and like Gary Kirsten says he is a streetfighter. I love watching this guy bat for India. This is one of the most ridiculous threads i have seen on this forum!
can't agree more. But there are all sort of creatures on ICF..
Gambhir is a proven big game player and generally always performs against Pak - the most likely team we will meet in Quarters. He's an amazing player against spin and so should do well against SL as well. I say keep Gambhir unless he throws his wkt away in the next couple of games as well. Gambhir seems to be in fine nick and I'm sure a big one is just round the corner.
That's true... Gambhir raises his game in crucial chases and especially against Pak and SL
Well I'm willing to take a bow :bow:

As I said guys Gambhir made me eat my words! Great on him he came in huge. If you read my original threads I said this team badly needed a guy like Raina and my suggestion was to drop Gambhir and push Kohli Yuvi up the order....good on Dhoni for knowing better and dropping Pathan for Gambhir instead! Raina + Gambhir = awesome happy guys!?!?

Gambhir is the most underhyped, underworshipped but exceeding expectations yet modest hero of the WC2011 winning team. he is like the batting version of anil kumble. does his job and does it silently without any drama. end
Fantastic post. I really hope he can bat until he is 36 or 37 cos we will realise how important he is when the big three and Sehwag retire.

Gautam Gambhir seems to be a shadow of his previous self.. Watching him negotiate the first 2 overs from Fidel Edwards, it is hard not to think how things seem to have regressed. At his peak in 2008/09, Gambhir was like a fortress - assured in defence and confident in attack. There was a solidity about technique and temperament back then that made you, as an Indian cricket fan, feel remarkably secure while watching him bat. But these days, a few deficiencies seem to have crept into his batting. There's a general looseness about his batting that is worrying. He seems more vulnerable outside offstump than before. Plus, even when he's trying to play the attacking shot, it feels there isnt 100% conviction behind his intent. Its not like he is in terrible form or anything, but if we are to do well in Australia and beyond, we really need him to recapture his old self.