Yuvraj suffering from non-malignant tumour

Pagalpanti

Yuvraj eyeing ODI series in Australia for comeback India's World Cup hero Yuvraj Singh, who is recovering from a non-malignant tumour in his lung, on Monday said that he was targetting to be fit for the ODI tri-series in Australia in February next year. "I'm getting ready to play again. I am targeting the ODI series in Australia," he told reporters on the sidelines of a promotional event in Mumbai. The left-hander has a "non-malignant tumour" in his left lung and had opted out of ODI series against the West Indies. He was also not considered for the Test series in Australia for the same reason. Yuvraj, who will turn 30 on Monday, recounted his ordeal and acknowledged the support of his mother. "It was a very difficult time. It was a crucial period for me and my family when I learnt about the tumour. My mother supported me a lot during my recovery," he said. "I didn't reveal about the diagnosis earlier as I did not want any extra attention from the media and the people," he added. Asked whether he was disappointed to miss the Test series in Australia, he said, "No I'm not disappointed. For me health is more important." India will play four Tests, two Twenty20 Internationals and an ODI tri-series, also involving Sri Lanka, during its tour Down Under beginning December 26 at Melbourne with the Boxing Day Test. Yuvraj congratulated teammate Virender Sehwag, who made a world record highest ODI score of 219 and became only the second player after Sachin Tendulkar to score a double hundred, in the fourth ODI against the West Indies at Indore on Thursday. "I've never seen Viv Richards bat but I've seen Sehwag. It is one of the best innings I have ever seen. It is highly unlikely that any batsman will ever go past it," he added. http://www.hindustantimes.com/Cricket/CricketNews/Yuvraj-eyeing-ODI-series-in-Australia-for-comeback/Article1-780972.aspx

I'll be ready to play in a week, says Yuvraj Singh

NEW DELHI: After a topsy-turvy last year which saw him reach the height of success and the low of a scary illness, middle-order batsman Yuvraj Singh is back with fresh energy and new hope in the new year. After a long layoff caused by a benign lung tumour, Yuvraj is back in training, at the National Cricket Academy in Bangalore. "I am fit and raring to go," he told TOI on Thursday. Excerpts from a chat : How well have you progressed on the fitness front? I have completely recovered and have been training for last two weeks. There is absolutely no problem with my fitness. I am able to run hard and my lung capacity is back. The trainers and the support staff at the NCA have been working hard on my fitness. In a week, I will be completely ready. What do you think of India's performance in Australia? We haven't scored runs. The top three batsmen -- Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman - have not got those big runs. Viru (Virender Sehwag) has struggled to give good starts. But I am hopeful that the team will stage a fightback in the last two Tests of the series. You also have to give credit to the Aussies - the way they have played in the series so far. How tough will be the tri-series if India get a pounding in the Test series? Will it be like England (Indian failed to win a single ODI after the 4-0 whitewash in Tests)? I don't know why people keep referring to what happened during the England tour. In Australia, we are going to play against two teams in the tri-series. The last time we played there, we were champions. Do empty stands during home matches worry you? People are very passionate about cricket in India. I believe questioning the support of fans on the basis of empty stands is not justified. I am sure the fans will come back when a full-fledged Indian team plays next time at home. What advice will you give to Virat Kohli who was fined for showing his finger to the crowd in Sydney? He is young and when you are playing your heart out for your country, it's really disappointing to get into such situations. I am surprised everyone is talking about Virat's behavior, but no one is questioning the fans who misbehaved on the field. In my opinion, the security situation will have to be addressed. The fans need to be careful with the language. You must be itching to get back into the Test fold? I am not thinking too much about Test cricket. It's not going to do me any good. I know I will get a chance to play Test cricket for India. For now, the important bit is to play cricket -- be it ODI or T20 -- without actually thinking too much about Tests.
link
Whats wrong with him now? I hope its nothing to do with this tumour.
It is.
According to sources close to the cricketer, Yuvraj is currently in the United States for treatment of his tumour and once it is removed, the recuperation process will start. "Yuvraj went to UK and from there has travelled to the United States for an advanced treatment. The oncologists who will be treating him in the US will take a call on whether he would undergo surgery or any other form of treatment.

It just got worse. :(( Yuvraj Singh has cancer, undergoing treatment in US: Reports

New Delhi: Extremely sad news for Indian cricket fans as India's flamboyant batsman Yuvraj Singh has been diagnosed with lung cancer, according to some media reports. India's man of the World Cup tournament is currently undergoing chemotherapy in the United States. He has a tumor between his lung and the heart. His chemotherapy treatment started in February and will go on till March. He left for the US on 26th January. His tumour was first detected in October but it was said to non-malignant. But it has now been reportedly diagnosed as malignant.