Without Sehwag, would India have gone

Sehwag1830

Without Sehwag, would India have gone  

1. 1.

• yes
    • No
    • May be

That's exactly what they did in the match that I mentioned yesterday in some other thread. We were chasing 300+ and Sehwag was out for 0. Dravid and Jaffer played till tea session and in last session Indian team tried to get the score by promoting Pathan. At one time there was T20 situation and England team panicked as everyone was trying to score quickly. Unfortunately we couldn't manage the score.
Different team, different situation and total score plus asking rate was much more than here

No...without Sehwag...India could have not tried...maybe the best they could have done is try to play safe till tea.....& then eventually go for draw. I remember the last series between these 2 teams in WI. was more or less similar situation...except there was no Sehwag...& India didnt go after the win...but settled for draw.

No...without Sehwag...India could have not tried...maybe the best they could have done is try to play safe till tea.....& then eventually go for draw. I remember the last series between these 2 teams in WI. was more or less similar situation...except there was no Sehwag...& India didnt go after the win...but settled for draw.
We had inexperienced batting line up there.
Without Sehwag, would India have gone for win yesterday ? I think no.
Are you kidding me ? No way we'd have gone about the chase without Sehwag. Once he fell, you could see how we folded like nine pins trying to chase a useless against WI attack on a pitch that was pretty flat till the 4th day. Till Sehwag was present, WI was at his mercy and the pitch looked benign. Once he departed, the tempo of the game changed for good. It is ridiculous how we call ours a "great" batting lineup. The great Aussie batting lineup would have chased this down in a canter 9 out of 10 times. This is not a one-off. Remember Bangalore'05 vs Pak. Veeru was the only guy who believed he could chase down 350+ on the last day. Once he was run out, the procession started.