Tendulkar 200* Vs Sehwag 219

1983-2011

Tendulkar 200* Vs Sehwag 219  

1. 1.

Both are great innings, I don't see why we should be ranting about which of the two is better. The only thing to note is that when you pull up the highest scores for ODI's the top two scores and ONLY two double hundreds belong to India. My wish is that we can place another one up there. :two_thumbs_up:
only viru can do it. new kids are too slow xcept raina but he has too many brainfarts. he hit that 100 in t20 world cup so can't rule raina out.
We should be glad that four of the greatest five Indian batsmen ever (including Dravid and Laxman) are playing in the same era instead of tis useless fighting. I mean if both Viru and SRT had not scored doubles then Anwar bhai would not have gone out of top 3. :--D
Charles Coventry > Saeed anwar :--D

well, knowing how some of the Paki fans argue (much like the SRT fanatics): * there is nothing like Ind vs Pak game * the pressue is very high (much like a pressure of a billion fans pulled out by the srt fanatics) and since anwar scored in that, his is the best inng :P personally, though I rate Kapil's innings as the best (even though there may be some scored against better bowling attacks) ----> WC SF spot on the line, Ind is 17-5, Kapil hits 175* :hail:

well, knowing how some of the Paki fans argue (much like the SRT fanatics): * there is nothing like Ind vs Pak game * the pressue is very high (much like a pressure of a billion fans pulled out by the srt fanatics) and since anwar scored in that, his is the best inng :P personally, though I rate Kapil's innings as the best (even though there may be some scored against better bowling attacks) ----> WC SF spot on the line, Ind is 17-5, Kapil hits 175* :hail:
that's best odi indian innings ever like laxman 281 best test innings ever. no 175, no wc final, no win, no crazy fan following. 83 win changed indian cricket. also fletcher got to know cheeka, became coach and picked phaaaast bowlers.:--D
that's best odi indian innings ever like laxman 281 best test innings ever. no 175, no wc final, no win, no crazy fan following. 83 win changed indian cricket. also fletcher got to know cheeka, became coach and picked phaaaast bowlers.:--D
+1
..sure, with a runner
Yah srt absolutely lit it up in the wc finals right? 219 is better than 200 please spare me the better bowling argument. Sa is the biggest choking team ever.
what about the semi's then? he did get an MOM for that Sa maybe a choking team. But they dont choke outside multination tournaments. Especially knock-out matches.
all i am saying is SRT and Sehwag are different types of players. When Sachin scored the 200 v Sa he started out as an anchor then exploded. What for me stood out about the Sachin innings was how he paced it from being an anchor to being to smashing the crap out of the bowling. Its that transfer of responsibility and knowing when to attack. Sehwag is attack attack attack. You know what good luck to him as well. every team needs a sehwag and every team needs a sachin. Different players in different roles.
this. Both are different flavors of masterclass, some morons can't enjoy both. and have to come up with basless assertions that choker tuk-tuked towards 200.. just to serve some weird fetish of theirs.
Sehwag would have never got there against a team like SA ' date=' dont expect the Saffers to drop easy catches like Sammy did .[/quote'] Sehwag scored a 319 against saffers in tests and we don't expect sachuu to do that(j/k) cause onli veeru can do that.... rests my point... and don't talk about flat pitch at chennai cause there have been several roads on which sachin has batted yet no 300 and plus the pitch at Gwalior was as flat as this
Tendulkar's innings is the best because he got it against a much better attack. Followed by Sehwag's mind blowing innings of today. At no3, it's the brilliant innings by Charles Coventry.
Sehwags much better...effortless innings against competetive attack Sachins against a very good test quality attack...which is not same in ODI
I rate the sachin one to be slightly higher as it was against South Africa with Steyn and Morkel in the attack. I think SA were ranked higher than India then. This WI side is a decent one. Some really promising talent. But clearly not at the level of SA.
NO Morkel was not playing... sachin got it against steyn, parnell and Langeveldt
..sure' date=' with a runner[/quote'] and then they would counteract by saying how many times they have dropped tendulkar/sehwag/etc when they scored against them .... But I remember watching that game, Anwar was :stickyman: when he was in the 60s (or something)and looking to hit or get out, the runner came and the story changed Ten too may have struggled to get to 200, if not for that knock by Dhoni that completely took the pressure to score quickly in the last few overs
I just noticed that Tendulkar's 200 has a '*' next to it. :hmmm: Is that because he had Baskin Robins's tender coconut ice cream during the drinks break??
viru got out trying to hit a six. tendu was playing a bit slowly and safely. also like said above kapil 175 better than both. i just checked the scorecard again. man 100+ partnership for 9th wicket. :hatsoff: http://www.espncricinfo.com/wc1983/engine/match/65083.html
also like said above kapil 175 better than both. i just checked the scorecard again. man 100+ partnership for 9th wicket. :hatsoff: http://www.espncricinfo.com/wc1983/engine/match/65083.html
To some, that would qualify for 'I didn't see it so I can't rate, I trust my eyes' argument :P To a few, that would qualify for 'the bowling attack being poor, along with the team being a minnow' argument But to me, it is indeed the best ODI knock by an Indian (if not ever) :hail:
I just noticed that Tendulkar's 200 has a '*' next to it. :hmmm: Is that because he had Baskin Robins's tender coconut ice cream during the drinks break??
* means condition apply... its known that time only Viru will going to break the record