Android vs IOS

EnterTheVoid

Genuine question having never used anything except Android : If the Windows UI is so good then why doesn't it sell?
IMO the biggest reason is that Android and iOS have taken such a big lead (android has market share of around 80% and iOS around 16-17% I think) that only something that is better than them in every aspect would compel many users to shift from Android/iOS to windows - and even though windows mobile has a really good UI/UX, it is NOT such a step forward from android/iOS as to compel people to switch OS. Also, apart from Nokia, no other major manufacturer is that seriously into windows mobiles.

Genuine question having never used anything except Android : If the Windows UI is so good then why doesn't it sell?
I want to draw an analogy - if I may. Afridi hits 6's, Tendulkar also hits 6's. Why is Tendulkar considered a better batsman than Afridi? The reason being Tendulkar is more consistent, more technically correct, scored runs in different conditions etc. It's the same with Windows Phone - it has a good UI/X but it lacks a lot of other things including a strong eco-system of apps. Also, UI/X is relative and I was comparing it to Android.

Android has more features? That could be one reason. never used android phone before. No plan to switch to different phone anytime soon.May be in future will try.
It's lot closer to ios but lot more open and allows you do do literally everything from downloading torrents to installing Linux on it :hysterical:

New Windows Phone 8.1 update has spoiled it a bit. It has added a few things but taken away some really good features.
It's in between Make do update ...windows 9 should solve everything but some one was asking why android and iOS do so well Ui of system might be good in windows but apps is not...apps which are done well look beautiful but most of them are treated as after thought Instagram works much better on android and iOS and same with any other big app ..I love concept of windows right now specially design and it has inspired others to redesign lik material design on android and ios7 changes ...

IMO the biggest reason is that Android and iOS have taken such a big lead (android has market share of around 80% and iOS around 16-17% I think) that only something that is better than them in every aspect would compel many users to shift from Android/iOS to windows - and even though windows mobile has a really good UI/UX' date=' it is NOT such a step forward from android/iOS as to compel people to switch OS. Also, apart from Nokia, no other major manufacturer is that seriously into windows mobiles.[/quote']

Ok...maybe a stupid question and may not be directly related to android or iOS :embarassed: I always had this confusion on display technology and photos... We know that Samsung and a few other phones ( including new Nexus ) use OLED display technology and it will oversaturate colors,etc. Others use LCD ( including IPS and other variants ) that are supposedly more natural and conform to sRGB. If I take a photo using say my Samsung Galaxy S4, obviously the photo will 'look' overstaurated on my phone display...fine so far... Now, the question is :- If I transfer the JPG file to say my laptop ( which I guess is LCD ), will the oversaturation remain i.e will the photo appear oversaturated on my laptop display? I understand that the resolution will be different but I am specifically asking about color oversaturation... Putting it another way, is oversaturation or normal dependent only on which device you view the image on and not the device on which the photo is taken? Hope the question is clear :nervous:

^ You'll see the saturated colors only on the phone. Saturation is done by the display' date=' not the camera. Should look normal on the laptop. The quality of the photo you see on the laptop will depend on the quality of the camera though.[/quote'] Thanks :two_thumbs_up: I always wonder when mobile phone review sites give comparison photos taken from say iPhone and Galaxy and try to demonstrate the oversaturation...How the heck am I supposed to know by looking at the photos on my laptop? Maybe they do some advanced calibration through software to change the sRGB parameters of the image file to conform to the devices? As I actually do notice the difference... Again, apologies for ignorance :((

^ Oh, they really do that? Camera and display have no dependency on each other. The photos should look as the display shows them to you. Edit: They might have taken screenshots of the photos on the respective devices. That could show you the difference.