Aaron out of Aus tests. Weenie Koomar to replace!

hatja_tau

vinay..didn't swung it much in england but he swung it in both ways in indian conditions..
I would say he did not get his length right in England. he knew where to pitch it in India. More of an experience issue. Secondly, to be fair I did not see the english bowlers like Bresnan swinging it either in that series. You have to keep in mind most of the matches were interrupted by rain.
but in the context of aus where the ball is the kookabura. That does not swing much for the best of them. you maybe do need a line and length bowler? We will be playing in the dry aussie summer after all.
Between PK and VK , it'll always be PK for me. Reason is that PK will give you an option of taking wicket with the new ball. Also they are almost similarly accurate , in tests I never saw PK spraying it , was bowling at right line and length.

@ lord.. dun know even dinda isnt considered @ g_b yep.. well to me he is good for tests see all the wickets he took other than bravo..all batsmen he got out in last 2 series have been of good deliveries trott is a solid bat.. and kp is world class and when u can get them out with swing u can get any one out.. so to me vk>pathan but if u consider gony and dinda..they should ve been selected ahead of him

Keeping fingers crossed. Hoping that Zak' date=' IS & UY remain fit throughout the test series. Selectors have lost out an opportunity to try our at least one rookie with good pace. Hope Mithun pulls a hamstring or something fast.[/quote'] :pray:

Vinay Kumar was totally rubbish in England, where conditions are conducive to swing. His economy rate was > 6.5. In Australian conditions with kookabura ball and on hard pitches, he is going to come at the batsmen at comfortable pace and height with hardly any movement. If he gets to play, he will get thrashed.

Vinay Kumar was totally rubbish in England' date=' where conditions are conducive to swing. His economy rate was > 6.5. In Australian conditions with kookabura ball and on hard pitches, he is going to come at the batsmen at comfortable pace and height with hardly any movement. If he gets to play, he will get thrashed.[/quote'] Exactly. In the easiest bowling conditions you can get he was found wanting. At his (lack of) pace his bowling will get murdered on the flatter tracks of Aus.

Why the f--- is Fletcher not doing anything about this trundler brigade destroying Indian cricket, when he was at England he was always on about bowling PHHAST bowlers and bowlers who could bat. He was the one who gave a chance to Harmison and Simon Jones, even though they had average 1st class records they had raw speed and he made sure they played tests and look what they did vs Aus in '05. Now it just looks like he is happy taking it up the ass from the selectors while picking up his huge salary. Indian cricket is always 1 step forwards, 2 steps back, pathetic.

who the hell is our physio(if we have one)?he needs to be sacked ASAP
Noooooooo waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy. If he is gone our trundlers will soon vanish and that is not a positive sign for generations to come.:(( The reason we lose games, or rather, the reason we can always give after losing a game is that we don't have quality fast bowlers, and in place of some useful bowlers, we have trundlers like Weenie Koomar, Abhinahi Mithoon, and R(no)Pace or Swing. Now just imagine a situation wherein we played good cricket and still ended up on the losing side, who will we blame then? Obviously the bowlers who did not defend the total or the bowlers who gave away 20-30 runs extra in the first innings. But if the physio is out, the joy of creating thread after thread against X,Y,Z trundler will never ever be experienced by an ICFer ever again. That will not be a good sign for us fanatics :((