Nehru in love with Lady Mountbatten ?

Ram

Just saw the news piece in CNN-IBN. Pamela Mountbatten, daughter of Lord Mountbatten , the British point man in India during independence , has claimed in her book that Jawaharlal Nehru and her mother were in love. She has made clear though that the love was not physical but more " platonic" in nature. What is more interesting is , Pamela claims her father knew of this relationship between his wife and Nehru and sometimes even used this closeness between them as a tool to unlock complex political negotiations that seemed to be going nowhere. Quite revealing. Comments ?

honestly there is nothing wrong with it. nehru had a dashing personality, was exceptionally well read, and had spent a lot of time in england. not to mention incredibly rich and above all in a position of considerable power. and from personal observation, if two aggreable individuals of the opposite gender (or for that fact the same gender) are in close proximity for a prolonged period of time, a sense of belonging and attachment grows between the two. besides i am a sucker for the underdog love affair... the one that is doomed to its circumstances.

Yeah very old news just like Indira's randiness...:kiss: Any decent photos of Lady Mountyji? This is the best I could find. I hope Nehru chacha got into her pants :kiss: or at least got plenty of French kisses. If all he got was some flirting sessions then he is no chachaji of mine :-) edwina.gif

Just saw the news piece in CNN-IBN. Pamela Mountbatten, daughter of Lord Mountbatten , the British point man in India during independence , has claimed in her book that Jawaharlal Nehru and her mother were in love. She has made clear though that the love was not physical but more " platonic" in nature. What is more interesting is , Pamela claims her father knew of this relationship between his wife and Nehru and sometimes even used this closeness between them as a tool to unlock complex political negotiations that seemed to be going nowhere. Quite revealing. Comments ?
It was also claimed that Kennedy's wife was the object of his affection - Nehru being close to the Kennedy family when they were in power

It's a very old love story if you can call that..... I couldn't care less who was in whose pants.... I only care to know if India 's position was compromised. The lady's husband wasn't letting it happen for no reason.Even in those days...a man's wife having a public affair with someone was a scandal ...but to do it with his knowledge makes me feel dal mein bahoot kaala tha ...........

Guest dada_rocks

Not only kennedy's wife even Sarojin naidu's daughter, few sadhvis .. Tell u this guy was bonafide tharki of clinton class. As of today similar characters get booked for sexual harassment.

I couldn't care less who was in whose pants.... I only care to know if India 's position was compromised. The lady's husband wasn't letting it happen for no reason.Even in those days...a man's wife having a public affair with someone was a scandal ...but to do it with his knowledge makes me feel dal mein bahoot kaala tha ...........
Having affair has now transformed into full fledged getting in others pants...gossip monger:giggle::giggle: I don't think India's position was compromised in any way really. By most historical accounts, including Indian historians, Lord Mountbatten was more sympathetic towards Indian position than Pakistan's. What I find interesting is that while we are quick to ask if India's position was compromised and if so then cast stone on Nehru's character, in the same vein if proved that India's position was NOT compromised would we then step back and say, "Mmm Nehru went up a few notches in my book". Don't think so. Fact is Nehru was a ladies man, no different from a John Kennedy, and that is just about it really. xx

Guest dada_rocks

Mountbaten had all but sealed hyderabad's fate as an independent nation. So I would not say he was pro India. Any regime which leaves an everestesque problem of unfication of federation unresolved cud not be in india's favour and Mountbaten was representing that regime. They tried their best to write the iobitiaury of concept called India and even predicted that but bumped into certain patel. Nehru did compromise India's interest in Kashmir but then that has nothing to do with Mountbaten.