Let's all laugh at Eng... Lol England :)

Michael Vaughan @MichaelVaughan · 10 hrs 10 hours ago I am nervous..Just arrived in Sydney..And @ECB_cricket might be going the other way ..!!! Will have to Bat very well..... #CWC2015 #BANvENG Michael Vaughan @MichaelVaughan · 7 hrs 7 hours ago FFS.......... Michael Vaughan @MichaelVaughan · 6 hrs 6 hours ago Might need someone to buy me a pint in Sydney if this goes Wrong...... Michael Vaughan @MichaelVaughan · 6 hrs 6 hours ago “@bhogleharsha: @TomMoodyCricket @MichaelVaughan cannot believe they are doing this. these are better players.” Agree Harsha Michael Vaughan‏@MichaelVaughan Confident now...... Michael Vaughan @MichaelVaughan · 5 hrs 5 hours ago Why the F did I tweet that...... Michael Vaughan @MichaelVaughan · 5 hrs 5 hours ago WTF....... I am lost for bloody words..... Don't worry.... I am sure some positives will have come out of this WC for @ECB_cricket #MyArse Michael Vaughan @MichaelVaughan · 4 hrs 4 hours ago RT @miller_cricket: Peter Moores: "We thought 275 was chaseable. We'll have to look at the data." Genuine quote! #CWC15” !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Michael Vaughan @MichaelVaughan · 4 hrs 4 hours ago The Bloody Data.... !!!!!!! I am off for a Pint..... Michael Vaughan @MichaelVaughan · 4 hrs 4 hours ago Surely you don't need to look at any Data to tell you that 275 is chase able against s Bangladesh....!!! these tweets are not from unreal times :cantstop: https://twitter.com/MichaelVaughan

This! Yes, they can have a nice cuppa Earl Grey tea with tasty cucumber sandwiches and engage in good old jolly laddie banter about the importance of being earnest and Bertie Wooster's problems with evil aunts :haha:
:haha::haha::haha::haha:
KP must be laughing his ass off at these jokers. Even in his worst of form' date=' he would have been better than everyone in this side.[/quote'] Results would have been similar.Even in the last world cup England huffed and puffed their way to QF ,only to be brutally thrashed in that.Only 50 over success (that too only a runners up prize) in the last decade for Eng was when KP was resting.His presence is way overrated by some.The rot is much deeper as far ODI's are concerned in England.
Results would have been similar.Even in the last world cup England huffed and puffed their way to QF ' date='only to be brutally thrashed in that.Only 50 over success (that too only a runners up prize) in the last decade for Eng was when KP was resting.His presence is way overrated by some.The rot is much deeper as far ODI's are concerned in England.[/quote'] Correct. 1-2 player changes have not (and will not) improve England's fortunes. People were talking like making Morgan captain and bringing Moeen bhai/Hales in would drastically improve the team for example.
Results would have been similar.Even in the last world cup England huffed and puffed their way to QF ' date='only to be brutally thrashed in that.Only 50 over success (that too only a runners up prize) in the last decade for Eng was when KP was resting.His presence is way overrated by some.The rot is much deeper as far ODI's are concerned in England.[/quote'] KP could've overseen England to resurgence. He is a bit like Ganguly - wants full control over his team to make it deliver. But ECB always want yes men only. There aren't leaders in the English team - the system there is so rotten - even in counties/u-19s etc the coach calls the shot. In football I can understand, but cricket it can never be so. No wonder they create boring homogenous cricketers with little identity. The ones who show some identity of their own are largely imports and are almost immediately silenced.
KP could've overseen England to resurgence. He is a bit like Ganguly - wants full control over his team to make it deliver. But ECB always want yes men only. There aren't leaders in the English team - the system there is so rotten - even in counties/u-19s etc the coach calls the shot. In football I can understand, but cricket it can never be so. No wonder they create boring homogenous cricketers with little identity. The ones who show some identity of their own are largely imports and are almost immediately silenced.
KP is an incompetent and ordinary captain/leader.He basically is clueless,seen enough of his leadership and the results speak for themselves.
KP could've overseen England to resurgence. He is a bit like Ganguly - wants full control over his team to make it deliver. But ECB always want yes men only. There aren't leaders in the English team - the system there is so rotten - even in counties/u-19s etc the coach calls the shot. In football I can understand, but cricket it can never be so. No wonder they create boring homogenous cricketers with little identity. The ones who show some identity of their own are largely imports and are almost immediately silenced.
He played 4 matches in last WC not great contribution what guarantee he plays well now?
KP is an incompetent and ordinary captain/leader.He basically is clueless' date='seen enough of his leadership and the results speak for themselves.[/quote'] Not really. Under his leadership, England steamrolled SA at home but got steamrolled by India in India. The latter is understandable, India owns everyone at home. But the former must be given due credit. He, if given proper time, would've definitely given the ODI side better runthan say under Cook or Morgan.

Article from Sep '11:

Former England captain Michael Vaughan has backed England to win the World Cup for the first time in 2015. "I expect them to win in 2015. England will have the group of players and strength in depth - they'll be the team to beat," he told Test Match Special. "England have a pool of 20-22 players they can rotate. Five years ago they didn't have that many that could play international cricket," added Vaughan. "Now if you dropped or rested three or four players the ones coming in would be of a very good standard." Although England are seen to have greater strength in depth than in recent years, the decision to rest star batsman Kevin Pietersen has raised eyebrows, not least after he rediscovered his form in the Test series against India, averaging more than 100. However, Vaughan suggested the decision could pay dividends. "I think the selectors are trying to find any little formula to get the best from KP. They are trying to find that spark that gets him back to how he played in South Africa on his first tour. The last two years have not been his best," said Vaughan. "I think in 2015 we'll need [somerset batsman] Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes [the player in the side in place of Pietersen] and [Durham leg-spinner] Scott Borthwick. They will be the core of the team." However, for England to triumph, Vaughan believes a shake-up of the batting order might be required. "I'd like to see Ian Bell opening - I think he could be a Tendulkar or a Mark Waugh at the top of the order, manoeuvre the field just through good cricket shots. "I think by 2015 Bell could be opening the batting with Alastair Cook, maybe move the keeper to seven, KP at three, Morgan at four and then a new player - maybe Buttler or Alex Hales." While suggesting the make-up of the team could do with a tweak, Vaughan did praise the team management for a change in scheduling. "One of the big things is that the last three World Cups have come on the back of Ashes series in Australia," said the former England captain. "That's changed for 2015. This winter they played brilliantly to win in Australia and I thought they'd do well in the World Cup but they were knackered." But Vaughan believes a well-rested England will be hard to resist, saying: "They've got ability in the field, variation with the ball, a world-class spinner in Graeme Swann and strikers with the bat. "They're the ingredients for a successful one-day team."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/14774887 :giggle: nice to see Vaughan leading the criticism now :hehe:
He played 4 matches in last WC not great contribution what guarantee he plays well now?
What sort of logic is this? So Sachin shouldn't have played the 2011 WC because he did zilch in 2007? Kohli shouldn't play this WC because he didn't do much last time around? Further, KP didn't have a torrid WC in 2011, instead England didn't lose any of the 4 matches that he played, and barring the SA game, he had a good contribution in other matches. And don't forget he played these 4 matches under 'debilitating pain', that is actually to his credit. Once he was out, England's campaign fell away.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/cricket/england-v-bangladesh-why-english-players-will-be-embarrassed-by-cricket-world-cup-exit/story-fnq1ugvn-1227255994538
THEY WERE SEEDED NO.1 It’s hard to believe but England was actually the No.1 seeded side for this tournament. Admittedly the seedings were based on the ICC rankings at the end of 2012, and since then England has been on a downward spiral in one-day cricket.
Why is seeding based on 3 year old data? That's the data Peter Moores had , I think.:hysterical: