If there was a general election tommorow, who would you vote for?

King Tendulkar

If there was a general election tommorow, who would you vote for?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• Congress
    • BJP

By-election results for 18 Assembly seats in Andhra Pradesh are coming out and Jagn Reddy has won 8 and is leading in 7 other seats - basically he is set to demolish the Congress in a state where they won more than 30 Lok Sabha seats last time. If the Kangress doesn't get its act together in AP then it will lose a large number of seats.

Given the mess BJP is in over picking a President' date=' I think we're in for a divided poal, come Polling.[/quote'] Mess? I call it a democratic process... Much better than imposing own candidate on coalition partners while CBI officials hovering around just to remind each and every coalition partner (all of them have DA or corruption cases pending against)...that too taking months to decide while everybody expects a more democratic NDA to quickly decide in 1 day...

By-election results for 18 Assembly seats in Andhra Pradesh are coming out and Jagn Reddy has won 8 and is leading in 7 other seats - basically he is set to demolish the Congress in a state where they won more than 30 Lok Sabha seats last time. If the Kangress doesn't get its act together in AP then it will lose a large number of seats.
From what my AP friends tell the rise of Jegan has a bigger impact on Chandrababu Naidu than Congress.Infact Jegan and Naidu are almost certain not to get into any coilation due to their previous history there is a real possiblity Jegan splitting the anti congress votes could result in congress favour like it happened in Maharashtra.

From what my AP friends tell the rise of Jegan has a bigger impact on Chandrababu Naidu than Congress.Infact Jegan and Naidu are almost certain not to get into any coilation due to their previous history there is a real possiblity Jegan splitting the anti congress votes could result in congress favour like it happened in Maharashtra.
the thing is that neither of them will support a Congress led Govt. Also, Chandrababu Naidu is already at an all time low. His party has just 6 Lok Sabha MPs. On the other hand the Congress won more than 30 seats in AP so whatever gains that Jagan/Chandrababu make will in all probability come from the Congress.

It is a clear Congress win for 2014. I have given up totally on our Indian public. Post 26/11' date= they still voted for the same parties so why do you expect it to change now?
2 weeks is a long time in politics and you are predicting the outcome 2 years in advance :giggle:

2 weeks is a long time in politics and you are predicting the outcome 2 years in advance :giggle:
Not in India.:winky: Especially when a party has ruled for over 50 years, it is definitely in their favor. After all, all the so called competitors don't have the necessary PR and prone to self-destruction. It is absolutely pathetic that in democratic India, Congress has ruled for so many times when it itself does not have any kind of democracy.( more like family buiness). At least, BJP has shown to be more internal Democratic than them.

It is a clear Congress win for 2014. I have given up totally on our Indian public. Post 26/11' date=' they still voted for the same parties so why do you expect it to change now?[/quote'] What would other parties have done post 26/11 though? Given Kasab back to Pakistan ala Kandhar?

What would other parties have done post 26/11 though? Given Kasab back to Pakistan ala Kandhar?
I think he meant that 26/11 happened when Congress was in power and the people of India still voted for them in the next elections there's not much hope of a change now.