A disgraceful moment in Indian cricketing history

LOL you said slog overs and Power play' date=' as far as I know 30 to 35 are neither slog over nor power play. You just picked that period to suit your argument.[/quote'] Yaar chalo 31-35 hata do. What about the remaining 9 overs of PP and slog overs I am talking about from 36 to 44? Usme kaun se jhande gaade Tendulkar ne - a pathetic 13 runs off 21 deliveries.
Why is 30 to 35 considered slog overs?? You just chose your own yard stick. Its quite common batsman slow down jsut before power play, as they don't want to take chances. Brisbane final, Warner does the same before the PP, 28th over or 29th over, he plays few dot balls. he as 82 off 87 balls, he ends up at 85 off 96 balls just before the power play. LOL it happens all the time, batsman tend not to take risks jsut before the power play
That's because he wants to be there during the PP overs so that as a set batsman he can maximize the returns from them - what intention did Tendulkar show during the PP overs to maximize the return from them? I can't believe that anyone can argue with the point that Tendulkar played risk free, safe cricket to get to his hundred during the phase of the game when he should ideally have been attacking and maximizing the runs scored. Good night.

Yaaro. No need to blame SRT here. It is the fault of likes of Raina who does not know to pace his innings like SRT. Rains should be patient and should scored a good 38 ball 30 and same for Dhoni an 11 ball 10 would have served him better. It they had done this we could easily have defended 260 then.

Only those people who have their heads firmly buried in sand would think India didnt underscore yesterday. They were well on par to score 320 but Sachin and Kohli completely buckled down and didnt even take a chance to score an odd boundary. Sachin was not even trying to take quick singles if the ball went to a close in fielder because he was afraid of getting run out. The ridiculous thing was till 45th over they were only 3 wickets down and the score was only about 250 odd and there was no sense of urgency from Sachin till he scored his century. It was obvious that after he scored his ton, he went for boundaries. Why didnt he take a risk before like Kohli and got out and and let the other batsmen take over ? It was only Raina and Dhoni at the end who revived India's innings a bit otherwise the score wouldnt have crossed 260. Sachin is a great batsman but it was evident he didnt play for the team yesterday.

>>Yaar chalo 31-35 hata do. What about the remaining 9 overs of PP and slog overs I am talking about from 36 to 44? Usme kaun se jhande gaade Tendulkar ne - a pathetic 13 runs off 21 deliveries. wow again deliberately choosing the overs.. LOL. If you look at powerplays sachin faced about 7 balls in entire PP... Power play over 36th, sachin 2 balls - 1 run 37th over, 1 ball 1 run 38th over 1 ball 1 run 39th over 3 balls 1 run 40th over 5 runs off 3 balls (he takes his chances goes inside out) 41st over 3 runs of 4 balls 42nd over 1 run of 4 balls 43rd over 0 off 2 balls 44th over 2 off 2 balls 45th over 10 off 4 balls 46th over 2 off 2 balls 47th over 1 off 2 balls ( he gets out on that 2nd ball) thats 27 runs off 30 runs in that period..

That's because he wants to be there during the PP overs so that as a set batsman he can maximize the returns from them - what intention did Tendulkar show during the PP overs to maximize the return from them?
:(( was he the only one playing?
That's because he wants to be there during the PP overs so that as a set batsman he can maximize the returns from them - what intention did Tendulkar show during the PP overs to maximize the return from them? I can't believe that anyone can argue with the point that Tendulkar played risk free, safe cricket to get to his hundred during the phase of the game when he should ideally have been attacking and maximizing the runs scored. Good night.
so how many did he score in Power play?? out of 30 deliveries of powerplay he had strike for 7 balls only.
People expected us to defend 290 against bangladesh thats why thread such as this started popping out when we were near defeat.
We didnt expect this score by them. Many of the posters were already suspicious because BD has scored 283 in WC against us. At one time, I was expecting 340-350 at least. SRT played 147 balls and around same number of deliveries, he had scored 200 against SA.

>I can't believe that anyone can argue with the point that Tendulkar played risk free, safe cricket to get to his hundred during the phase of the game when he should ideally have been attacking and maximizing the runs scored. I get you did not watch the game. if your argument was true, why did he play inside out shot off Sakib, thats full of risk to me...he also had one cross batted hoick...

>>Yaar chalo 31-35 hata do. What about the remaining 9 overs of PP and slog overs I am talking about from 36 to 44? Usme kaun se jhande gaade Tendulkar ne - a pathetic 13 runs off 21 deliveries. wow again deliberately choosing the overs.. LOL. If you look at powerplays sachin faced about 7 balls in entire PP... Power play over 36th, sachin 2 balls - 1 run 37th over, 1 ball 1 run 38th over 1 ball 1 run 39th over 3 balls 1 run 40th over 5 runs off 3 balls (he takes his chances goes inside out) 41st over 3 runs of 4 balls 42nd over 1 run of 4 balls 43rd over 0 off 2 balls 44th over 2 off 2 balls 45th over 10 off 4 balls 46th over 2 off 2 balls 47th over 1 off 2 balls ( he gets out on that 2nd ball) thats 27 runs off 30 runs in that period..
these stats means nothing .See overall number of balls he played .I 'm one of his fan since childhood ,but I didn't enjoy his innings that he played yesterday .Fact is Our bowling has gone to the Dogs.It getting worse and worse day by day .Sachin Haterz can't see our pathetic bowling .
these stats means nothing .See overall number of balls he played .I 'm one of his fan since childhood ' date='but I didn't enjoy his innings that he played yesterday .Fact is [b']Our bowling has gone to the Dogs.It getting worse and worse day by day .Sachin Haterz can't see our pathetic bowling .
neither did I enjoy it, I am only defending because some of the commetns are pathetic and have agendas.
>I can't believe that anyone can argue with the point that Tendulkar played risk free, safe cricket to get to his hundred during the phase of the game when he should ideally have been attacking and maximizing the runs scored. I get you did not watch the game. if your argument was true, why did he play inside out shot off Sakib, thats full of risk to me...he also had one cross batted hoick...
It means he was not able to score quickly, but we saw he was solidly defending balls rather than showing intent for runs. IF he was not then he should have got out and let others like Rains and Dhoni do there job which they but at the end, they did not have enough balls left. He played 147 balls, 82 dot balls, scored 114 and others scored 157 of 153 balls, look at the difference here.

>It means he was not able to score quickly, but we saw he was solidly defending balls rather than showing intent for runs. IF he was not then he should have got out and let others like Rains and Dhoni do there job which they but at the end, they did not have enough balls left. He played 147 balls, 82 dot balls, scored 114 and others scored 157 of 153 balls, look at the difference here. I don't think he was defending with dead bat, far from it, in that maiden over all hsi shots went to the fielder was not able to pierce the field, and next over he plays cross batted ugly hoick, probably getting frustrated and trying ot break the shackle, tell me why he did not play for another maiden over?? Why did he even try that shot?

Our Bowling is bad so batsmen should be blamed ? You keep enlightening rest of the world with your profound logic. :haha:
Inept bowling vs deliberate slowing down in quest of mile stone ... first one i can take it. If Sachin had been bowled for a duck first ball nobody would have bothered . But he killed the momentum and prevented India from getting extra 20 or 30 runs. If you are going to equate Tendulkar's batting skills to Jadeja's bowling skills.. lol all i can do is laugh.

I've read the statistic that says India scored 289 runs of which Sachin scored 114 in 147 deliveries @ 4.65 rpo and the others scored 175 in 153 deliveries @ 6.8 rpo; on many sites and newspapers. Why are we counting extras in the runs the 'others' have scored. Remove the 18 extras and the score is 157 in 153 deliveries @ ~ 6 rpo. The difference isn't that stark, considering that Sachin had to face the better bowlers initially.

Inept bowling vs deliberate slowing down in quest of mile stone ... first one i can take it. If Sachin had been bowled for a duck first ball nobody would have bothered . But he killed the momentum and prevented India from getting extra 20 or 30 runs. If you are going to equate Tendulkar's batting skills to Jadeja's bowling skills.. lol all i can do is laugh.
Jeez, what a white lie. You would have been among the first ones in that case to open a thread that "Sachin can't even score against Bangbros. When bowlers concede 360 and India could not chase, it's Sachin's fault. When bowlers could not defend 290,it's Sachin's fault. I am pretty sure somewhere Sachin is responsible for global warming as well.
I've read the statistic that says India scored 289 runs or which Sachin scored 114 in 147 deliveries @ 4.65 rpo and the others scored 175 in 153 deliveries @ 6.8 rpo; on many sites and newspapers. Why are we counting extras in the runs the 'others' have scored. Remove the 18 extras and the score is 157 in 153 deliveries @ ~ 6 rpo. The difference isn't that stark, considering that Sachin had to face the better bowlers initially.
better bowlers were they Garner or Ambrose. Same bowlers bowled in late overs whom Raina and Dhoni went after. Different is not stark but just about 35 runs which would have been enough to put an out of reach total even for this Indian bowling against BD.