Credit for the win....

Goes to Mr Manager..Chandu Borde. Because he coined the motto of the test match..'We Will Win'. I feel sorry for him after reading this article. What a sorry ass piece of jounalism too. Team India's mantra -- 3 Ws Posted online: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 at 2027 hours IST Nottingham, July 31: The Indian cricket team followed a theme made of three Ws – ‘We Will Win’ - to put behind the poor show at Lord's and win the second Test, Cricket Manager Chandu Borde said. Borde, 73 said they had fixed the 'theme' during the team meeting before the second Test which India won by 7 wickets to take 1-0 lead in the three-match series. "During the team meeting before the match, I told the boys that we must win, we should win the series. That is where the motto of the series was born, "We Will Win," Borde said. "I must say after a near debacle at Lord's the boys responded to the call very well," Borde told a TV channel in a progaramme. Borde, who played seven Test matches in England, also revealed that players took an oath to win the Nottingham Test. "The lack of performance at Lord's was because of the occasion," he said. "I think since for most of them it was the first Test at Lord's they were bound to have butterflies but I'm happy they have regrouped well. Going into the second Test match they resolved to go for the kill," Borde said.

When Jaffer was Salim... TRENT BRIDGE, July 29: When Chandu Borde left India as cricket manager he was 73 years young; since then, he has become older by a year, having celebrated another birthday on July 21. That is, however, not the reason why he has started getting some names wrong: he has always had that weakness. When he was chairman of the selection panel, he famously referred to Sourav Ganguly as Gaurav Ganguly at a press conference. Before that, when England's fast bowler Frank Tyson came to Pune, he greeted him as Frank Worrell, a West Indian great. Luckily, Tyson, who is known for his fiery temper, didn't take offense and knock him down. Borde has been at his jumbling best even on this tour. Just before the start of the second Test, during a senior team-management meeting, he suddenly blurted, "That Salim is a good bat, man." The older lot in the group nodded their heads, but wondered why he was suddenly getting nostalgic about Salim Durrani. "We must boost his confidence," he added sagely. Suddenly noting something amiss, one of them asked, "Salim who, Chandu bhai." He replied, "Arre, woh apna Salim Jaffer. He is very impressive." Well, nobody had the courage to point out that it was actually Wasim Jaffer. Not one to give up easily, he has been referring to Ranadeb Bose as Danadeb Roy too. When told that it was Bose and not Roy, he responded with another gem, "Haan, haan. It's one and the same thing." Wonder whose name he is going to wonder next. http://cricket.indiatimes.com/When_Jaffer_was_Salim/articleshow/2242808.cms :hysterical::hysterical:

I told you before ! :hysterical:

My grandpa isnt 72.... this is ridiculous. you cant send an old pensioner to manage a cricket team.. i doubt if he will even remember the names of the players.. Imagine this.. Situation 1 Borde -- Ok Munaf, get on the bus.. its time for practice.. Player -- How many times should i tell you ?? my name is Sreesanth. Munaf is that tall guy with moppy hair who always sits on the couch and does nothing.. Situation 2... Borde - Headingly always seams. Lets have Prasad in the eleven Rahul -- err.. but Prasad isnt in the squad.. he retired long time ago. Borde -- What ??? i saw him the other day ! he was practicing with the boys.. Rahul -- He is the bowling coach , Mr.Borde.. Borde -- Oh ya ya.. you told me right... sorry , forgot to jot it down in the diary..