Who Does England Replace?

If Hoggard is fit? There will be a call for change. There will be a feeling that Hoggard's experience will be invaluable in a summer that has seen so much swing. Which of the three seamers will be dropped? It's fair to say that Tremlett has reserved his place with his second innings heroics. His figures are by far the best. Sidebottom seems to me to be a slightly unlucky bowler, much as our very own Srinath was. He'll beat the bat very often, but usually without tangible results. However, he seems to be a sentimental favourite with the English, who seem to lap up his hair waving histrionics. That leaves Jimmy Anderson vulnerable. He's a very silmilar bowler to Hoggard, and may be found redundant. Ironical, as he was by far the pick of the lot at Lords', but as I suspected, returned to his mediocre ways as soon as the sun came out. It would be a tragedy for the shoulder barger, because he is in the best form of his life. He can also be a dangerous bowler when the conditions are right, much more so than Sidebottom. Personally, I'd drop the latter, but think the English selectors would demur.

Given the fact that the test is at England's friendliest ground for spinners' date=' there is no way is England going to drop Monty. I think they will play 5 bowlers and drop Bell.[/quote'] i don't think bell would be dropped.. eng won't rush hoggy... they will retain perhapz the same team.. if by chance they replace anyone, then they would replace bowler for bowler and batsman for batsman.. following same combo 6-1-4

I guess Anderson will make way for Hoggard. That will be one harsh decision but Anderson didn't really bowl that well in this test match. He bowled few good ones just like the rest of the bowlers but consistency was lacking. If I were England I will make no changes. Hoggard's fitness is still a question mark and he is coming back after a bit of lay off. I reckon he will first have to train a bit before he should be played in the test match.