Speed and Performance of Indian Fast bowlers in IPL

vishalvirsingh

I wouldnt waste Aaron,Yadav,Dinda,Awana etc. for T20s n ODIs keep them for tests. in LOIs we need bowlers who can contain n can also bat a bit,expecting wickets is too much from them on flat roads.so I will still persist with Irfan,PK n even Bhatia
lol...we need players like awana badly in odis /// i do agree abt saving yadav for tests for now and let him develop but awana's game is suited for odis... and lets try him first in odis i know pitches are flat but u never know how he will perform until we try him out...he looks like a good bowler good enough pace good control moves the ball enough so lets hope for the best :P

Excellent FC records --> TP Sudhindra looking piss poor. Skill set of these bowlers is just non-existent. Just bowl at good length with upright seam at 125-130 ' date=' you'll get truckloads of wickets in FC.[/quote'] atleast he isnt picked for indian team :fear:

lol...we need players like awana badly in odis /// i do agree abt saving yadav for tests for now and let him develop but awana's game is suited for odis... and lets try him first in odis i know pitches are flat but u never know how he will perform until we try him out...he looks like a good bowler good enough pace good control moves the ball enough so lets hope for the best :P
actually I agree about Awana n Gony.they can play ODIs.Awana is young but bowls too short imo.I also like VP Singh

actually I agree about Awana n Gony.they can play ODIs.Awana is young but bowls too short imo.I also like VP Singh
he changes his length according to condition when there owuld be swing he will ball fuller but in t20 iu cant bowl full u will jsut dissapear on these pattas important part is he has skills and these line,length can be changed easily by coaches etc but u cant develop pace or control he is bowling with

I wouldnt waste Aaron' date=Yadav,Dinda,Awana etc. for T20s n ODIs keep them for tests. in LOIs we need bowlers who can contain n can also bat a bit,expecting wickets is too much from them on flat roads.so I will still persist with Irfan,PK n even Bhatia
no offence..will players agree??

Yadav , Varun & Ishant are big test hopes . Awana & Veer Pratap are the ones to keep an eye on. The rest PK , VK , Dinda , Irfan etc are all in the same category . Some of them have looked better than others only cos of the pitch . I would just uses these guys for ODI's and T20s in rotataion & based on form .
Talking about Test cricket, Varun and Ishant are not brilliant prospects for the medium term. Ishant was absolutely dreadful in England and Australia. You talk about PK bowling well in favourable conditions, Ishant performed badly in favourable conditions - that is worse! He may have been good in West Indies, but when they came to India, he was also poor. He does not deserve to still have a spot in the Test team, by anyone's standards. He has the potential to bowl very good spells, but bowl consistently well for a year, I've not seen that since 2008 - which was AGES ago! I hate to sound like a broken record regarding Varun Aaron but he should not have a Test spot until he can run through domestic teams. He is quick, awkward to play and pace (as you have said) is supposed to bring success on flat pitches and so the domestic pitches should not be a good excuse (not that they ever are a good excuse). If he is good enough, he will run through teams at the start of the next season and then he can have a spot. The ODI and Test formats are so different that performance in the former can never be the sole criteria for Test selection. Veer Pratap is young; Awana is a definite Test prospect for NOW. He has 110 FC wickets, he is 25 years old and he has some pace. I disagree with your assessment of PK and Dinda, but at the risk of further derailing this thread, will leave it here.

who cares' date='Indian cricket is above thier wishes[/quote'] good joke.. sorry saar times changed..they can simply feign injury or loss of form etc... most probably they may play 5 years of Test cricket

Excellent FC records --> TP Sudhindra looking piss poor. Skill set of these bowlers is just non-existent. Just bowl at good length with upright seam at 125-130 ' date=' you'll get truckloads of wickets in FC.[/quote'] Nobody intelligent suggests that a good FC bowler has any more chance of being a good T20 bowler than an adequate FC bowler. It is a totally different format, mindset and ball.

@MSB Before WI tour to India, Ishant had an average of 28 in test cricket in India. If they will play FC in India, they will never improve because thw way they bowl in FC cricket will rarely work at international level. I can bet if Ishant and Aaron cant do well in long run for us, then no bowler cam do well for us. Indian FC stats are of no use. According to your logic, pattinson and cummins wouldnt have played tests yet. They never had any special performance at FC level but performed in tests. Their most successful FC bowler Copeland played a few tests, but couldnt leave much impact and was dropped. It is not about how they did at FC level, it is about how they develop at the highest level. Ishant didnt develop as much as we wanted, but still, he has been our second best pacer especially at home in last 10 years.

thread derailed :mad: stick ot ipl performance rkt how was aaron bowling today >? :mad:
He bowled well within himself, still not at his fastest and best. 2 fours on Last 2 balls messed up his a little, otherwise he had 3.4 overs 22/2 analysis before that. He is still finding his rhythm, but even at 140, he hurries the batsmen.

Nothing wrong in discussing abt Ishant. Some people don't know his value. RKT is doing a good job educating them.
we all know his potential but now only way for him to come back into tea mi s either to perform in domestic cricket or county i dont think u can carry on taking 1 wicket per match for too long hell i think if he would ve performed lil better in australia we would ve won atleast one game .. in england in such good bowling conditions he jsut bowled one good spell he needs to go back play a lot of cricket and learn to get wickets who can forget his habit of bowling one bad ball in every over :wall:

He bowled well within himself' date=' still not at his fastest and best. 2 fours on Last 2 balls messed up his a little, otherwise he had 3.4 overs 22/2 analysis before that. He is still finding his rhythm, but even at 140, he hurries the batsmen.[/quote'] its strange how he hurries people on these pattas at 140 speed i ve seen this number of times now...he is pretty darn impressive there is something more to his bowling then jsut speed

its strange how he hurries people on these pattas at 140 speed i ve seen this number of times now...he is pretty darn impressive there is something more to his bowling then jsut speed
hit's the seam well cramps lefties for space goes really wide of the wicket when bowling to lefties like akhtar. his run up is good especially the finish (locks the front knee for extra drive) just the start of his run up which is a bit awkward.

hit's the seam well cramps lefties for space goes really wide of the wicket when bowling to lefties like akhtar. his run up is good especially the finish (locks the front knee for extra drive) just the start of his run up which is a bit awkward.
good observation.. thisi sone major difference between ishant and aaron right now hitting the seam.. ishant even bowling near 150's looks slower now a days (used to zip the ball before) aaron consistently hits the seam and i think he is not even bowling at his best.. jsut like rkt said might see his best in finals :D

@MSB Before WI tour to India' date=' Ishant had an average of 28 in test cricket in India. If they will play FC in India, they will never improve because thw way they bowl in FC cricket will rarely work at international level. I can bet if Ishant and Aaron cant do well in long run for us, then no bowler cam do well for us. Indian FC stats are of no use.[/quote'] And why are you saying 'before WI tour to India'. That statistic is now irrelevant that he has bowled poorly on that series. 'The way they bowl in FC cricket will rarely work at international level' perhaps, but 'the way they bowl at international level WILL work at FC level' is also true. Indian FC statistics are not of no use. If a bowler fails to take wickets in FC cricket, they will not take Test wickets in that same time period. This is not to say that the best Test options are the best FC bowlers. That is not what I am saying. I am saying that a failure in FC cricket will not be a Test success without rectifying that failure through improvement and proving they have done such.