ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka

Feed

ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka  

1. 1.

I don't think they were over thinking. I would rather prefer India getting 170-5 with a chance to win rather than 120 or 200 depending on some luck.
No.. that 170 for 5 was due to Kohli's clear headed hitting. If he had slowed up like Gauti did India would have fallen well short. Teams post good totals in T20 only because of belligerent, fearless cricketer. Not run a ball batsman. Be it is Gayle or Watson or Jamshed they were the one responsible for solid total for their team. Not the Hafeezes or Gambhir..
I am asking for associates to regularly play top teams as well in between the WC. Basically, I have taken a leaf out of the FIFA style where even the winner of the previous WC has to qualify. In addition, T20 can accommodate 16 teams without qualification. Four groups of 4 and the top 2 in each group move towards a QF leading to SF and Finals. No brainer really.
Football has one format and have the time to play qualifiers all through the year.Also have strong leagues all over europe along with CL and even in South America.So weaker teams dont need to play regularly to improve and they dont play either apart from qualifiers So frankly its illogical to even compare FIFA style qualifiers with cricket. And only way associates might get chance to play against top teams is if we stop playing test cricket.Otherwise there is no space in FTP to accomodate them.
yea.. too much overthinking. Kohli was the only one who just did not give respect to any bowler. He kept charging down. Gauti with ultra low backlift was timid most of the time. He was very conscious of not dragging the ball on to stumps or edging one or getting bounced out. No way he can accelerate with that frame of mind. Yes.. you gotta be calculative. That part should be les sin a T20. It gotta be attack all the way.
Agreed completely,yes calculative but mostly attack FFS.This team is approaching the batting like how Dhoni approaches in T20s,so Dhoni needs to lead from front and change the mindset.I liked his approach yesterday,he was going for it ,but just couldnt connect :--D
I don't think they were over thinking. I would rather prefer India getting 170-5 with a chance to win rather than 120 or 200 depending on some luck.
its not luck.Yuvi n Raina are big hitters,they need to play decent no of balls.consolidating is okay for first 7-8 overs,but once u have the base u need to go for it
Football has one format and have the time to play qualifiers all through the year.Also have strong leagues all over europe along with CL and even in South America.So weaker teams dont need to play regularly to improve and they dont play either apart from qualifiers So frankly its illogical to even compare FIFA style qualifiers with cricket. And only way associates might get chance to play against top teams is if we stop playing test cricket.Otherwise there is no space in FTP to accomodate them.
I am asking for ODIs to be those "qualifiers". In the current setup, obviously there's no way but that has to tweaked to changing times. ODIs carry very less meaning these days and I want the ICC to decide tour plans not individual boards. Basically, I am calling for an over haul which the ECB prevented from happening.
Bangladesh have themselves to blame because they lost by a huge margin of 50 odd runs to New Zealand, who are poor players of spin and BD have lots of spinners and their primary bowling attack is through spin. If they had lost closely to NZ, they could have had a chance of winning against Pakistan and edging them out on the NRR. But now, I cant see them defeating Pak by 37 runs. Bangladesh always have these brain fart moments when you expect them to do well. The World Cup match against West Indies where they were bowled out for 50 odd comes to mind.
Afridi alone can singlehandedly win against Bangladesh. The whole team is scared of him.

In the only edition where we did well in 2007, we played feerless cricket as someone said in this thread. In fact, I remember Dhoni often used strange tactics and in fact Joginder boweled the last over against paksitan :giggle:. I think in T20 at times you just need to play with your instincts rather than plan too much. Too much planning can backfire as we saw yesterday with England overtrying with Short balls.

than hardly an overs will be left.we need to utilise our batting to the max' date='[/quote'] The approcah should be somewhere in between. One of our top order has to play a moulding inoings like Gambhir yesterday. The other batsmen can hit out around him. With the form Virat is in, probably he would be better suited for that role as in thje last 2 overs he can hit the big shots.
In the only edition where we did well in 2007' date=' we played feerless cricket as someone said in this thread. In fact, I remember Dhoni often used strange tactics and in fact Joginder boweled the last over against paksitan :giggle:. I think in T20 at times you just need to play with your instincts rather than plan too much. Too much planning can backfire as we saw yesterday with England overtrying with Short balls.[/quote'] Yup.. they opened with Yusuf Pathan in final. His debut match :cantstop: . They just had a ball.
I am asking for ODIs to be those "qualifiers". In the current setup' date=' obviously there's no way but that has to tweaked to changing times. ODIs carry very less meaning these days and I want the ICC to decide tour plans not individual boards. Basically, I am calling for an over haul which the ECB prevented from happening.[/quote'] So u basically want Newzealand WI and Srl cricket boards to go bankrupt.These ODI series played often and ICC world cups are the ones keeping cricket in these countries afloat financially.
than hardly an overs will be left.we need to utilise our batting to the max' date='[/quote'] This attitude is impatience - do not be surprised if we get bowled out under 100 and lose the game in trying to "utilize the batting to the max". The basics of the game do not change. Assess the pitch, set a par score, when it is in reach try to score more. This whole business of hitting from ball 1 will come off some days and will bite your ar---se the other and then we will cry. I am much happier that we have a chance every game rather than banking on "good days" of a couple of batsmen.
The approcah should be somewhere in between. One of our top order has to play a moulding inoings like Gambhir yesterday. The other batsmen can hit out around him. With the form Virat is in' date=' probably he would be better suited for that role as in thje last 2 overs he can hit the big shots.[/quote'] agree.Virat,n if he gets out early,Rohit should do the accumulating role.Raina,UV,Sehwag,Dhoni need to go 4 it
The approcah should be somewhere in between. One of our top order has to play a moulding inoings like Gambhir yesterday. The other batsmen can hit out around him. With the form Virat is in' date=' probably he would be better suited for that role as in thje last 2 overs he can hit the big shots.[/quote'] +1 I do not understand these theories - just play percentage cricket. You will reach good scores more often than not; much better than blowing hot & cold every alternative game.
This attitude is impatience - do not be surprised if we get bowled out under 100 and lose the game in trying to "utilize the batting to the max". The basics of the game do not change. Assess the pitch' date=' set a par score, when it is in reach try to score more. This whole business of hitting from ball 1 will come off some days and will bite your ar---se the other and then we will cry. I am much happier that we have a chance every game rather than banking on "good days" of a couple of batsmen.[/quote'] dont put words in my mouth.where did I say hit from ball one.we need to make use off PP,consolidate upto 12 overs n then go for it.if e lose early wickets,we can always consolidate n reach the par score.but doing it wen theres no need n having Raina n UV sitting in dugout with just one six hit in entire innings is not on.if we get a good start we need to accelerate.if we dont we need to consolidate,why is it so hard to understand?