Saurabh Tiwary is the worst ever buy in IPL

master22

And lets not forget - Along with Rayudu' date=' he was instrumental in helping Mumbai reach the final in the 2010 version, after lacklustre first couple of years for the franchize.[/quote'] Tiwary is a good batsmen if he is sent at no 4 or 5 when he gets time to settle. First couple of years he used to come at no 7 and didnt get much chance. In 2010, Mi started sending him at no 4 where he made an impact.

Saurabh Tiwary is an extremely under-rated hitter. If he had gotten at least half the opportunities that the pernennial back-ups like Rohit, Uthappa and Dinesh Karthik had gotten, he would win more matches than all the 3 put together. And lets remind ourselves one thing - the last time he played for India in ODIs, Yusuf and he put on an incredible 5th wicket p'ship to chase down 315 against New Zealand. Inexplicably, he has not played for India since then. anybody who has doubts over the skill and tenacity of Saurabh should watch that one over when MI played against the team Dale Steyn was representing, during the 2010 Champions trophy. It was lively pitch in Durban (or Jo'burg maybe) and Steyn was bowling a brisk 90 mph and Tiwary manhandled him like I have never seen before. His style may look ungainly, but he has the mental toughness of a veteran player and needs to be persisted with.
:WTF:

Saurabh Tiwary is an extremely under-rated hitter. If he had gotten at least half the opportunities that the pernennial back-ups like Rohit, Uthappa and Dinesh Karthik had gotten, he would win more matches than all the 3 put together. And lets remind ourselves one thing - the last time he played for India in ODIs, Yusuf and he put on an incredible 5th wicket p'ship to chase down 315 against New Zealand. Inexplicably, he has not played for India since then. anybody who has doubts over the skill and tenacity of Saurabh should watch that one over when MI played against the team Dale Steyn was representing, during the 2010 Champions trophy. It was lively pitch in Durban (or Jo'burg maybe) and Steyn was bowling a brisk 90 mph and Tiwary manhandled him like I have never seen before. His style may look ungainly, but he has the mental toughness of a veteran player and needs to be persisted with.
Ram, you are overestimating Tiwary here. He cant bowl making him play as a pure batsman which means he cant take the place of someone like Jaddu or Pathan or IKP. With our upper middle order packed with Kohli, Sharma, and Raina I dont see him getting any chances to break in there. He also plays with really hard hands, most of his shots are hit with a lot of power but poor timing and placement. His pressure release ugly hoick is rarely effective nowadays

Saurabh Tiwary is an extremely under-rated hitter. If he had gotten at least half the opportunities that the pernennial back-ups like Rohit' date=' Uthappa and Dinesh Karthik had gotten, he would win more matches than all the 3 put together. And lets remind ourselves one thing - [b']the last time he played for India in ODIs, Yusuf and he put on an incredible 5th wicket p'ship to chase down 315 against New Zealand. Inexplicably, he has not played for India since then. anybody who has doubts over the skill and tenacity of Saurabh should watch that one over when MI played against the team Dale Steyn was representing, during the 2010 Champions trophy. It was lively pitch in Durban (or Jo'burg maybe) and Steyn was bowling a brisk 90 mph and Tiwary manhandled him like I have never seen before. His style may look ungainly, but he has the mental toughness of a veteran player and needs to be persisted with.
That is because he struggled to put bat to ball and put pressure on Yusuf. Tiwary deserves little credit for that win, Yusuf was the reason we won there.

Ram, you are overestimating Tiwary here. He cant bowl making him play as a pure batsman which means he cant take the place of someone like Jaddu or Pathan or IKP. With our upper middle order packed with Kohli, Sharma, and Raina I dont see him getting any chances to break in there. He also plays with really hard hands, most of his shots are hit with a lot of power but poor timing and placement. His pressure release ugly hoick is rarely effective nowadays
I do not get it, why does he have to be a bowler? :dontknow: We are talking about somebody who is one of the best lower-middle order prospects in the country, but has so far never got the attention he deserved. Again, its not like I speak from pure hunches alone. This guy was one of the standout batsmen of IPL 2010 and helped Mumbai reach the finals after 2 years of dismal performances. He is yet to be dismissed in his 2 ODI innings, and in the 2nd inning, he helped India script a spectacular victory with Yusuf. How can a guy, who helps a team chase down 315 after being 180-5 never even get picked in the squad for the next 15 months? I have said this before and I will say this again The trio of Uthappa + Dinesh Karthik + Rohit Sharma together have played 150 ODI games between them. This guy has played 2. You give half of the games they played and he will win you twice the matches that they helped win.

That is because he struggled to put bat to ball and put pressure on Yusuf. Tiwary deserves little credit for that win' date=' Yusuf was the reason we won there.[/quote'] Either you did not see the game or you forgot what happened. Even we were 180-5 chasing 315, our Required run-rate never crossed 7, 7.5 runs per over. Yusuf was doing the scoring, while Tiwary played a remarkable sensible innings for somebody so nascent in his international career. My guess this the infamous big-market bias that is in play again. If you are from Mumbai/Delhi/Karntaka/T.N or any of the other big markets, you have to do very little to get recognition, while players from other lesser states have to toil two times harder for lesser attention. Tiwary's Jharkand roots are hurting him. It's a bit like what happened to Umesh Yadav. Umesh may have become famous in the last 6 months, but he has been around for nearly 3-4 years now. While he was struggling for recognition, the clearly inferior Abhimanyu Mithun got propelled into national attention because he was from a bigger market.

I do not get it, why does he have to be a bowler? :dontknow: We are talking about somebody who is one of the best lower-middle order prospects in the country, but has so far never got the attention he deserved. Again, its not like I speak from pure hunches alone. This guy was one of the standout batsmen of IPL 2010 and helped Mumbai reach the finals after 2 years of dismal performances. He is yet to be dismissed in his 2 ODI innings, and in the 2nd inning, he helped India script a spectacular victory with Yusuf. How can a guy, who helps a team chase down 315 after being 180-5 never even get picked in the squad for the next 15 months? I have said this before and I will say this again The trio of Uthappa + Dinesh Karthik + Rohit Sharma together have played 150 ODI games between them. This guy has played 2. You give half of the games they played and he will win you twice the matches that they helped win.
When compared to what Yusuf did in that match(scoring 100 odd runs at more than a run a ball),what Tiwary did was miniscule .Even Yusuf is struggling to find a place in the Indian side,so how can Tiwary be selected?And Tiwary has not set the domestic scene on fire either.

When compared to what Yusuf did in that match(scoring 100 odd runs at more than a run a ball)' date='what Tiwary did was miniscule .Even Yusuf is struggling to find a place in the Indian side,so how can Tiwary be selected?And Tiwary has not set the domestic scene on fire either.[/quote'] I am not going re-hash the same old arguments all over again regarding Tiwary's contribution in that match, but my assessment of him is not based on that single match alone. He should be picked in our ODI squad ahead of guys like Rohit Sharma, Uthappa etc.

^ Alright we cant discuss Tiwary's ODI performances because of the sample size. But consider the ipl itself,uthappa and Rohit have a far greater strike than Tiwary,rohit has single handedly won matches.Uthappa was one of the top run scorers in the domestic VH trophy this year Personally i think Tiwary had a sort of purple patch in 2010,as he has'nt done anything noteworthy since(ipl or other domestics)

Either you did not see the game or you forgot what happened. Even we were 180-5 chasing 315' date= our Required run-rate never crossed 7, 7.5 runs per over. Yusuf was doing the scoring, while Tiwary played a remarkable sensible innings for somebody so nascent in his international career. My guess this the infamous big-market bias that is in play again. If you are from Mumbai/Delhi/Karntaka/T.N or any of the other big markets, you have to do very little to get recognition, while players from other lesser states have to toil two times harder for lesser attention. Tiwary's Jharkand roots are hurting him. It's a bit like what happened to Umesh Yadav. Umesh may have become famous in the last 6 months, but he has been around for nearly 3-4 years now. While he was struggling for recognition, the clearly inferior Abhimanyu Mithun got propelled into national attention because he was from a bigger market.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-new-zealand-2010/engine/match/467886.html?innings=2;page=1;view=commentary Look at the RRR at the end of the 42nd over and look at who turned the game around in the next over with some monstrous hitting off Mills. Tiwary was more of a hindrance than a help until that point and only started scoring at a decent rate once Yusuf turned the match around and made India the big favourites to win that match. I definitely watched that match. Also, his non-selection has nothing to do with his Jharkhand roots, more to do with the fact that we have batsman with far greater potential than him. He may improve in the future but currently he is not good enough for the ODI squad. He is not even the best Tiwary in India.

Who do you drop for Tiwary coming in the side. The other Tiwary who is a better batsman has not been able to find a place so where do we fit in this dude. Kohli and Sharma arent going anywhere. Even Sharma's harshest critics would place him few notches above the cowlasher. Then come Dhoni and Raina - both have cemented their place and Raina brings in the additional utility of being a bowler and an excellent fielder. Even for dead rubber and series against weaker sides, we have better batsmen waiting to come in.

I am not going re-hash the same old arguments all over again regarding Tiwary's contribution in that match, but my assessment of him is not based on that single match alone. He should be picked in our ODI squad ahead of guys like Rohit Sharma, Uthappa etc.
Honestly have no idea what you've based your assessment on. IPL is not real cricket remember. Yesterday Hodge (talented batsman no doubt, but is 40 and not that special) destroyed Steyn and then Yagnik, "Who?" you ask, yes EXACTLY, slapped Steyn for a few boundaries. **** happens. Tiwary is an over-rated hack, who'll hack to mid-wicket whenever the pressure builds.

^^ He does'nt deserve much credit for yesterdays win either,if not for gayle and abdv,he would have been match ka mujrim
come on man even when he performs you don't want to give him credit... of course his performance not the same as AB Devillers or Gayle but take a step back and see who you are comparing him to .... Tiwary is a rookie with only 2-3 international matches while the other 2 are very well experienced international players Also one should keep in mind that he as mostly came in at lower batting positions which is much harder to perform at for example take Yousf Pathan he did well at RR when he was no 3 but at KKR the genisus decided to drop him to no 7.... not doing so good at that position....