Shah Rukh Khan thread

bulbul

He comes off as a bit of Pakistani supporter. I never liked his movies except his early days later on did repetitive themed movies. I don't hate him but I don't like him either. I like amir khan though he acts great very versatile actor and does his part to the society. I remember he rebuilt a whole village in gujurat during the earth quake and satyamev jayate is one more show of his I like.

Dude, there are tons of sh!tty actors and actresses out there. Do you see all of them being lambasted as much as SRK? The vitriol against SRK goes much deeper than just plain contempt of bad acting.
The other *****y actors dont have the tag of being the biggest star in Indian Cinema currently ? Hes a drama queen and an attention seeker on top of it , which dosent really help

He selects good characters to play. I din't say he can't act but is the most overrated guy based on his acting skills. He is nothing special.
That is considered good acting. He knows which roles he can play and selects according to that and delivers memorable performances, he's not like other actors who fake out performances and act roles they know that they can't act. He can act different types of roles. He has versatility. He is a method actor.

Except for the movie Sarfarosh ' date=' Aamir Khan generally over acts . His acting skills are massively overrated .[/quote'] Nobody overrates his acting. He can act the right amount. He doesn't overact or underact. Nobody says he's the bast actor in India, that title belongs to Kamal Hassan.

That is considered good acting. He knows which roles he can play and selects according to that and delivers memorable performances, he's not like other actors who fake out performances and act roles they know that they can't act. He can act different types of roles. He has versatility. He is a method actor.
So what if he is a method actor? Method acting is just a technique used by actors. I have studied and done a method role myself in the theaters. Picking good roles doesn't equate to good acting. He has had his share of rubbish roles as well. Like states above, there is no verstality in Amir, that's just a myth created by people who compare Amir Khan to other so called Bollywood actors. He is the perfect example of a trained actor. If SRK had better sense of movies, and opted for roles like Amir did, he would have done far better. Acting wise, SRK > Amir. Don't get me wrong, the roles he takes and the director he is under matters as well. Some scenes were shown to us during our classes and of them were the comparsion in acting under different directors. The 1st set had Mani Ratnam's Dil Se scene of SRK- the scene was of him holding a cup of tea in chilly and rainy climate, he nailed that scene. The other set was his idiotic, comical performance in My Name Is Khan. Rather check out what the actual, prominent theater actors have to say about acting between these 2. Anurag Kashyap for instance, he rates SRK over Amir because he has the sense to judge an actor unlike the 'super stars' in Bollywood.

Nobody overrates his acting. He can act the right amount. He doesn't overact or underact. Nobody says he's the bast actor in India, that title belongs to Kamal Hassan.
Who said the title belongs to Kamal Hassan? There are plenty of other actors along with Kamal Hassan who deserve to be rated among the best in India. And Amir Khan's acting skill is overrated as hell. People make him look like the DDL of Indian cinema. He is good actor with a very limited set of acting skills.

Amir khan in ghajini is perfect example of overracting. My condolences to those who were forced to watch it with a family member, like me :((
And his 'oh! I'm innocent, immature and brainy' role in 3 Idiot. The last scene where he was needlessly overacting.

Amir Khan acts only Inside movies according to whatever character he is playing... SRK Never comes Out of Acting frame-of-mind, 24 hrs he keeps playing, may b "The SRK" Character ... Salman Khan never plays any character; neither acts inside movies, nor outside movies...

Amir Khan acts only Inside movies according to whatever character he is playing... SRK Never comes Out of Acting frame-of-mind, 24 hrs he keeps playing, may b "The SRK" Character ... Salman Khan never plays any character; neither acts inside movies, nor outside movies...
And that's why I called Amir a trained actor. He is not good enough to create that little scenes of his own.

Who said the title belongs to Kamal Hassan? There are plenty of other actors along with Kamal Hassan who deserve to be rated among the best in India. And Amir Khan's acting skill is overrated as hell. People make him look like the DDL of Indian cinema. He is good actor with a very limited set of acting skills.
Trust me. No actor in the world, let alone India can match the versatility of Kamal. That guy could act, cry, dance, laugh, do comedy, play the villainous role, play multiple roles, fight(he underwent martial arts training), sing, direct, produce, compose, write scripts, etc. There are plenty of great actors in India and around the world. But none of them have the all round ability of Kamal.