Shah Rukh Khan thread

bulbul

Trust me. No actor in the world, let alone India can match the versatility of Kamal. That guy could act, cry, dance, laugh, do comedy, play the villainous role, play multiple roles, fight(he underwent martial arts training), sing, direct, produce, compose, write scripts, etc. There are plenty of great actors in India and around the world. But none of them have the all round ability of Kamal.
No actor in the world? Lol. There are few in India itself, let alone the world. I, myself am a huge Hassan fan but its your personal opinion; not a fact. Even people from TN would name plenty of actors being a massive fan of Kamal Hassain themselves.

Or rather ask Detonator who is a massive fan of Kamal himself and one of the biggest movie buffs here. Kamal Hassain is a legend, but you just went swooooosh with that statement. If you want an other example, compare Mohanlal's performance in Bharatam or Vanaprastam to Kilukam or Chitram. Kamal himself has said that he hasn't seen an actor transform like that after watching Swadhayam. I'm not comparing. This has already been discussed between me and Deto. It depends on personal opinion.

SRK can be a good actor. But he doesn't do roles that justify his acting talent. Which is why he would never be an acting great. He also tries too hard to copy Dilip Kumar's style of method acting.
Yep. That's what I was trying to say. He is a bad actor in terms of selecting roles.

Amir Khan acts only Inside movies according to whatever character he is playing... SRK Never comes Out of Acting frame-of-mind, 24 hrs he keeps playing, may b "The SRK" Character ... Salman Khan never plays any character; neither acts inside movies, nor outside movies...
:confused: I don't know what you are trying to get at. If you see the actors at their peak, in terms of acting talent Salman>SRK>Aamir If you compare their acting skills over the duration of their career SRK>>>Aamir>Salman SRK is also a lot more versatile than what people here give him credit for.

Trust me. No actor in the world, let alone India can match the versatility of Kamal. That guy could act, cry, dance, laugh, do comedy, play the villainous role, play multiple roles, fight(he underwent martial arts training), sing, direct, produce, compose, write scripts, etc. There are plenty of great actors in India and around the world. But none of them have the all round ability of Kamal.
What kind of an arguement is this? Kamal's ability to sing, direct, produce, compose, write scripts, juggle knives, book tickets on yatra.com, bargain with his neighbourhood baniya on the price of sugar etc has nothing to do with him being a great actor. Not denying that Kamal Hassan is a great actor, but he's nowhere in comparison to SRK.

Having said that, SRK is not entirely faultless either. He’s an incredibly talented actor who under-sells himself by making mass-movies geared more towards the box office success than critical acclaim (Honorable exceptions – Chak de, Swades).......
I agree with the bulk of your initial post in this thread, except for the part I've quoted. This entire idea that "critical acclaim" defines the acting prowess of an actor is specious at best. Critical Acclaim is basically a cop out. Critically acclaimed has become an euphemism for " my movie didn't do well, but a couple of snobs who have a higher than thou view on movies appreciated my movie/acting". Its being contrarian for the hell of it. Chak de and Swades were also massive box office hits. Apart form these, movies (which may or may not be box office successes) where I think SRK has done some good work are DDLJ Baazigar Kabhi Ha Kabhi Na ( his best acting upto date, IMO) Anjam Oh darling! Yeh hai India! Ram Jaane Dil Se Devdas And this is a diverse set of roles.

One of the most successful actors in Bollywood has made his living selecting bad roles. WTF! :hysterical:
you should see his character in rab ne bana di jodi where his own wife can't recognize her husband and thinks of him as another man when he takes off his mustache :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I agree with Pujara. Add another option - dont care. He doesnt feature in the movies I watch because his movies dont appeal to me and his acting looks somewhat exaggerated but I dont hate him. He is just an actor/star doing his job. Though he does seem annoying sometimes because of over self promotion. Hey, millions of Indians like him. So he must be doing something right. Live and let live. Edit : Just saw the neither hate or love him option. Voted for it. :winky:

you should see his character in rab ne bana di jodi where his own wife can't recognize her husband and thinks of him as another man when he takes off his mustache :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Dude, Superman passes off as Clarke Kent when he puts his glasses on and removes his cape. :giggle:

Or rather ask Detonator who is a massive fan of Kamal himself and one of the biggest movie buffs here. Kamal Hassain is a legend, but you just went swooooosh with that statement. If you want an other example, compare Mohanlal's performance in Bharatam or Vanaprastam to Kilukam or Chitram. Kamal himself has said that he hasn't seen an actor transform like that after watching Swadhayam. I'm not comparing. This has already been discussed between me and Deto. It depends on personal opinion.
I can remember that discussion. :giggle: Mohanlal has no camera awareness, looks like he is captured with some candid camera. Kamal hassan's "acting" are mostly be apparent in his movies after 2000. In recent times, he is trying to be an oversmartass. Kamal hassan and Mohan lal in 80's and 90's, Mithun Chakraborty, Om puri are considered as best actors. Coming to OP, SRK is a successfull actor, not a good actor. He appeals to a much larger audience. He has 20 times more fans than Rajinikaanth and 40 times more fans than kamal hassan or mohan lal. SRK not only earns from movies, he has a couple of production houses, he appears in every ad from paragon slipper to asian paints to hyundai car, he makes smart investments etc., In hollywood, mostly we think of morgan freeman/sean penn/tom hanks as good actors. But the richest ones are Judi gertz, oprah winfrey and dina merril. Even in india, if you take the successful actors who were the wealthiest, none of the bollywood actors are no where close to NTR or MGR, who became rulers of the state. :giggle:

What kind of an arguement is this? Kamal's ability to sing' date=' direct, produce, compose, write scripts, juggle knives, book tickets on yatra.com, bargain with his neighbourhood baniya on the price of sugar etc has [b']nothing to do with him being a great actor. Not denying that Kamal Hassan is a great actor, but he's nowhere in comparison to SRK.
lol just bcoz SRK has a larger audience doesn't make him a great actor. SRK is one-dimentional and always looking to earn money by publicity. Period. Good for him.

What kind of an arguement is this? Kamal's ability to sing' date=' direct, produce, compose, write scripts, juggle knives, book tickets on yatra.com, bargain with his neighbourhood baniya on the price of sugar etc has [b']nothing to do with him being a great actor. Not denying that Kamal Hassan is a great actor, but he's nowhere in comparison to SRK.
Oh boy! That surely made my day. :rofl: :rofl:

I can remember that discussion. :giggle: Mohanlal has no camera awareness, looks like he is captured with some candid camera. Kamal hassan's "acting" are mostly be apparent in his movies after 2000. In recent times, he is trying to be an oversmartass. Kamal hassan and Mohan lal in 80's and 90's, Mithun Chakraborty, Om puri are considered as best actors.
Well, the reason I prefer actors like Mohanlal and Kamal Hassain over a Mamoothy or Amir Khan is that they act beyond the script. They don't strictly stick to what is written on the paper. Gets into the zone of the character in no time! Sorry to include Amir's name in the same sentence. :giggle:

:confused: I don't know what you are trying to get at. If you see the actors at their peak, in terms of acting talent Salman>SRK>Aamir If you compare their acting skills over the duration of their career SRK>>>Aamir>Salman SRK is also a lot more versatile than what people here give him credit for.
Salman can act?