India A to play 3 first class matches on the A tour to WI, June 2012

I hope Shami will be ready by SA tour late next year. He can be our trump card in those conditions and his style suits those conditions to a tee. He is very much like Sreeshanth in terms of out swingers he bowls and pace, but is more accurate and disciplined than Sreeshanth. Not sure about Zak by then, but Yadav, Shami, Aaron, Ishant, Awana, if all fit will be as good an Indian attack as we have seen in history for India in South African conditions.

I back RKT on this. Shami for India reserves! :two_thumbs_up:
Not just yet. We can have him with team if there is no FC cricket going on, but he and Aaron both need handful of FC matches under their belt in the coming season. It will evolve them and will allow them to develop stamina to bowl long spells with maintained intensity and this season we will be playing mostly at home where we only play 2 pacers. Zak and Yadav will be front line pacers.

Good effort by the bowlers, perhaps gave away 30-40 runs more than they would have desired, still overall a good bowling performance. Shami Ahmed continues to enhance his reputation, was a pity we could not see him in the IPL. Chance for our batsmen now to put up a big total now.

I hope Shami will be ready by SA tour late next year. He can be our trump card in those conditions and his style suits those conditions to a tee. He is very much like Sreeshanth in terms of out swingers he bowls and pace, but is more accurate and disciplined than Sreeshanth. Not sure about Zak by then, but Yadav, Shami, Aaron, Ishant, Awana, if all fit will be as good an Indian attack as we have seen in history for India in South African conditions.
I get shi@ scared when you start talking up new bowlers and our bowling attack. You quite well be right, but considering the Australian tour where according to you we had a better bowling attack than them. I would really wait and watch.
I get shi@ scared when you start talking up new bowlers and our bowling attack. You quite well be right' date=' but considering the Australian tour where according to you we had a better bowling attack than them. I would really wait and watch.[/quote'] Who said we had better bowling attack than them. Yadav was rookie, spinner was rookie, Ishant was out of form, Zak was coming from injury. We were hoping that they would click together, but they did not. It wasnt like Yadav and Zak didnt do well. They did, but in patches and never clicked together. But more than our bowling, it was our legend batting which disappointed. We crossed 300 once. No bowling can save a team if they cant score runs. Look at what happened to England in Dubai. Same bowlers bowled well, took wickets, consistently kept Pak batsmen on the back foot both pacers and spinners, but England still lost because their batsmen could not score runs. A team needs to work in unison, cannot blame one department. Bowlers still did better than what our batsmen did. Whatever I say is just an observation of a player at his potential best, but players are not their best always. This is not hyping. This is how I see him. If he can deliver to his potential, he will be a weapon in SA. It is all about execution of their skills which our fast bowlers lack most often than not. They try to do too much rather than sticking to the basics. Yadav did in Australia several times in trying to do too much and went for runs. Ishant does it all the time. And then I always stay optimistic and sees things from that perspective. I can never be pessimist.

Shami is different in a way that he can move the ball both ways at pace, bowlers who can do that are always wicket takers, also has an easy action, good rhythm to his bowling and was picked up one for the future by Akram a year back, wonder why KKR did not play him. Shami Ahmed may prove to be a bigger wicket taker then Aaron, Umesh , Ishant, also I am dying to see Anwar Ahmed picked up for serious cricket as this guys is very very promising.Hopefully we will see these guys in CLT20.

I really hope Shami comes up with some good performances in this tour and stakes his claim for a place in the Indian squad. The best part is that Yadav, Aaron and Shami are all different types of fast bowlers. I hope Pawan Suyal and Anwar Ahmed also catch the selectors attention as both are left arm pacers and will bring more variety. Awana would have been a better option than B Kumar for this match. Kumar at the best may be a good ODI option instead of the present Kumars, but no way he is a test prospect.

For the Tour of SA we will actually have a pretty good and experienced attack (if we can avoid injuries) Yadav will be our main striker bowler Ishant will be back and hopefully in form Aaron will be experienced in Test and hopefully by then Shami will also become a full international

Dinda drops a catch to deny Shami his 4th wicket
So how many catches were dropped in total? I couldn't follow after after lunch as it was getting too late. And Sharma disappointed me to be honest. I thought he'd make a Kumble like impact on a slow track. It is all Rkt's fault who keeps drilling these kind of comparisons. And how is Rahane? Did he take the field after taking that blow on the ankle at forward shortleg? Any other thing that happened? Any jaffas that anyone bowled or amazing catches that anyone took?
So how many catches were dropped in total? I couldn't follow after after lunch as it was getting too late. And Sharma disappointed me to be honest. I thought he'd make a Kumble like impact on a slow track. It is all Rkt's fault who keeps drilling these kind of comparisons. And how is Rahane? Did he take the field after taking that blow on the ankle at forward shortleg? Any other thing that happened? Any jaffas that anyone bowled or amazing catches that anyone took?
dont know abt jaffas but all 3 of shami'd wickets were caught by saha (who is keeper) so it must have been swing which is always good
He got 3 wickets in 22 overs. That's decent. Or you mean Warne like impact. :giggle:
Rahane was back on the field later!!

#WIvIND: Mukund to take first ball from big pacer Delorn Johnson. The non-striker is Dhawan. Two left-handed batters and a left-arm bowler #WIvIND: OUT! Johnson strikes with the 5th ball. A superb inswinger and Mukind is cleaned up for "DUCK". India A 0 runs for 1 wicket #WIvIND: Rahane is the new batsman at Number 3. He is good to go after hard blow to the left ankle while fielding yesterday. IND 0-1 Mukund wasting his chance hopefully Rahane can capitalise, someone needs to take over from Dravid and one of these batsmen need to prove themselves on this trip