Now Pietersen has "mystery illness"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=A1YourView&xml=/sport/2007/08/07/ucindia107.xml
England batsman Kevin Pietersen has missed practice at the Oval today after reporting unwell. Blast from the past: Atherton v Donald In pics: Indian batsmen in buoyant mood Audio: Derek Pringle on jelly beans and sledging Pietersen, 27, remained at the team hotel when the players left for an afternoon net session and was being attended to by the medical team. pietersen.jpgSick bed: Kevin Pietersen may miss the decisive third TestHe has not missed a Test match since making his debut against Australia at Lord's two years ago and averages 52 in 29 appearances. It is not yet known how serious Pietersen's unspecified illness is and England have yet to decide whether to put anyone on standby for Thursday's must-win match against India at the Oval.

If Pietersen misses the third test , then i say our chances go up by minimum 25%. He is the sole reason why we are 1-0 and not 2-0 up. But for his century , the english would have been out for 200 in their 2nd innings at Lords and I dare say the indians would have achieved that target.

Well you are talking rubbish then. Tendulkar avergaes 53 same as KP against aussies. He also has done this over a far longer period and as such is clearly more dominant against them cos of this. Laxman averages 51 against them so he also is just as dominant as KP aginst the aussies!
My friend, take off Sachin's 241 in Sydney and lets see what happens to that average. Laxman HAD ( note the past tense) the measure of the Aussies once. Not anymore. Besides , even the Aussie players have said that if at all they would an Englishman to play for them it would be KP. I would take their assessment over yours any day.
Guest dada_rocks
My friend, take off Sachin's 241 in Sydney and lets see what happens to that average. Laxman HAD ( note the past tense) the measure of the Aussies once. Not anymore. Besides , even the Aussie players have said that if at all they would an Englishman to play for them it would be KP. I would take their assessment over yours any day.
These comments are seasonal thing....In heydays of sachin aussi hard-A$$ Steve waugh used to say take oout DON he is simply the best. U can bet he wud have loved to have sachin in his team nobody asked him this question then.. About Laxman on last aussie tour Ponting was willing to offer people coach/consultant position if they cud figure out how to get laxman out. Yes albeit jokingly he said that but it does put things in perspective .
Having a "high temperature" and being on "anti-biotics" does not appear to be a problem that's going to disappear over night... ...I sense a grin on Dravid's face...
When is the final time where they have to decide if he is fit enough to play.