Why do Southie movies have Northie heroines?

Prakat

Doesn't matter.. Rati Agnihotri has north indian last name.. but grew up in CHennai. She started her career here. It wouldn't mean she was picked as heroine because she was a northie. Infact Bhrathiraja made her dark in that movie :cantstop:
^arre baba..region and ethnicity are different..she might be sindhi but if shes spent the majority of her life down south' date='shes a southie[/quote'] In that case I am a northie :hmmm:

Hansika motwani Born August 9, 1991 (age 20)[1] Mangalore, Karnataka India She is a mangalorean then? Pravin so she is not even a northie lol
Hansika was very popular child artiste of hindi tv serials in early 2000s ,infact I don't understand why she moved to south ,because unlike other actresses she was very well known face for hindi audience.Here is her profile on imbd http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1394426/bio This sounds much more realistic and her place of birth is mumbai. And BTW if place of birth and growing up is determining who is Northie or Southie then plenty of bollywood stars are West Indians :cantstop:

Hansika was very popular child artiste of hindi tv serials in early 2000s ' date='infact I don't understand why she moved to south ,because unlike other actresses she was very well known face for hindi audience.Here is her profile on imbd [url']http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1394426/bio This sounds much more realistic and her place of birth is mumbai. And BTW if place of birth and growing up is determining who is Northie or Southie then plenty of bollywood stars are West Indians :cantstop:
It is easy to identify where you grow up.. Anyway... she is nowhere close to the success attained by South Indian actresses in North Indian film industry both actingwise and beautywise.. WHy are we even discussing about her. Can someone ask Why do Northie movies have southie heroines because few top southie actresses are in Northie movies?

From top of my head, Tamil movies with some scope for performance by actresses in the last decade - Nandita Das in Kanathil Muthamital Simran in Kanathil Muthamital Nandita Das in Azhagi Saritha in Julie Ganapathi Sonia Agarwal in Kadhal Kondein Sonia Agarwal in 7G Rainbow Colony Rajshree in Nandha Abhirami in Virumandi Sandhya in Kaadhal Asin in Gajini Meera Jasmine in Ayitha Ezhuthu Jyotika in Mozhi Priyamani in Paruthi Veeran Swati Reddy in Subramaniapuram Pooja in Naan Kadavul Sanisha in Renigunta Trisha in Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa Amala Paul in Mynaa Anjali in Angaadi Theru Oviya in Kalavani Amy Jackson in Madrasapattinam Sara in Deiva Thirumagal Anjali in Engeyum Eppodhum Richa Gangopadhyay in Mayakkam Enna Uma Riyaz Khan in Mouna Guru Urmila Mahanta/Manisha Yadav in Vazhakku Enn 18/9 :icflove:

according to OP, the line of discussion assumes and infact states that "Northies" are "whiter" than "Southies"... The North itself has a majority of 'dark' complexion people... Infact, the so called 'fair' people in India must be less than 0.5-1% or even below that. Plus, most of the Bollywood actresses or actors that appear 'fair' on the screen is infact due to all the lighting and camerawork... Actresses like Prinka Chopra, Kajol,and others appear a lot 'whiter' on screen than actuality. Infact that is true of almost all actors and actresses in Bollywood. The question can then be turned around to why make them appear lighter and more importantly how someone like Shahrukh Khan promotes 'fair and lovely' creams. :fear: anyhow...beauty is bone deep (facial features) :dontknow:

^ That probably hits close to home for some posters who have taken this discussion on a sterotype route but here is my take.... South Indians families are more conservative compared to their North Indian counterparts and I am not basing this on sterotype....I am a South Indian who grew up in Bombay.My family has people in the army so I have visited some of the exoctic North Indian locations to grasp some idea of the culture there... For eg;In my family and most families belonging to my community, most parents do not want their daughters to learn classical dance after a certain age...Music is fine but once a girl reaches adulthood they don't encourage them to pursue arts or extra-cirriculars like classical dance etc.I hope that gives some perspective

^ What's wrong with classical dance? Anyways, personally I have never found a Telugu girl that turned me on. Kannada girls are awesome, as are Dilli billis :woot: I'm talking purely physical attractiveness. OTOH, I have met more open-minded Southie women than Northies, which is way more attractive to me. And no, I don't watch Indian movies. Although, I did bring up a similar topic with some of my friends as to why Telugu movies have no homegrown actresses. They just shrugged.

^ What's wrong with classical dance? Anyways, personally I have never found a Telugu girl that turned me on. Kannada girls are awesome, as are Dilli billis :woot:I'm talking purely physical attractiveness. OTOH, I have met more open-minded Southie women than Northies, which is way more attractive to me. And no, I don't watch Indian movies. Although, I did bring up a similar topic with some of my friends as to why Telugu movies have no homegrown actresses. They just shrugged.
That is your personal opinion....Most ICFr's were crazy for Gayatri Reddy....eventhough I never got what was so appealing about her. As an example Just compare the way she carries herself in comparison to say a Preity Zinta and look at the comfort level she has when casually hugging or Kissing someone. It is just not part of the common culture. but as I said there are lot of attractive Telugu girls out there but general Telugu culture is very conservative...maybe some Telugus on the board will disagree but this is from my personal experience. Delhi and Bangalore have completely different metropolitan culture from Hyderabad and even Chennai....Infact Chandigarh probably has the best eyecandy out there eventhough it is ranked behind Cehnnai,Hyd and Ahemadabad....so it's all about culture of the place where you are bred. As far as Dilli Billis go....most of them...once the open their mouth----to talk,it is the Indian equivalent of the classification'white thrash'....a big negative.

That is your personal opinion....Most ICFr's were crazy for Gayatri Reddy....eventhough I never got what was so appealing about her. As an example Just compare the way she carries herself in comparison to say a Preity Zinta and look at the comfort level she has when casually hugging or Kissing someone. It is just not part of the common culture. but as I said there are lot of attractive Telugu girls out there but general Telugu culture is very conservative...maybe some Telugus on the board will disagree but this is from my personal experience.
Maybe you are right. But I would not say very conservative. Yes, Conservative in comparison to other metros but not that far behind. Of course, this is my personal view too. :winky:

according to OP, the line of discussion assumes and infact states that "Northies" are "whiter" than "Southies"... The North itself has a majority of 'dark' complexion people... Infact, the so called 'fair' people in India must be less than 0.5-1% or even below that. Plus, most of the Bollywood actresses or actors that appear 'fair' on the screen is infact due to all the lighting and camerawork... Actresses like Prinka Chopra, Kajol,and others appear a lot 'whiter' on screen than actuality. Infact that is true of almost all actors and actresses in Bollywood. The question can then be turned around to why make them appear lighter and more importantly how someone like Shahrukh Khan promotes 'fair and lovely' creams. :fear: anyhow...beauty is bone deep (facial features) :dontknow:
a lot of northies have this paki trait ... its pathetic hw some of them go on about being fairer , stronger n what not .. n pls dont ask me to relax cos the op here is not exactly being funny either

Most South Indian girls are busy excelling in academics and making a succesful careers in the field of Medicine' date='IT etc etc, they probably don't have time or desire to pursue film and Modelling careers[/quote'] fits really nicely with all the stereotypes :hysterical: fits really nicely with all the stereotypes :hysterical: lol...you're comparing an actress to a non-actress... plus many people have different personalities... comparison :fail: more stereotypes :hysterical: