Was Federer lucky to have won 16 Grand slam ?

Sehwag1830

Was Federer lucky to have won 16 Grand slam ?  

1. 1.

I heard this Nadal retirement argument for years! Have you ever though that he "may not" retire early as the common perception is ?
Yes certainly possible.But its just as possible if Nadal emerged earlier Federer would still have won just as many GS since he would have faced a much younger Federer .

In 2009 Federer did not win 3 out of 4. He won only 2. Federer was never good in French open. Even before Nadal he never won any French open. You are saying Federer won wimbledon only because Nadal lost.. But according to you Djoko is another all time great :cantstop:. He could hav eliminated him right? As far as peak goes.. it is very very rare to win multiple majors in the same year for consecutive years.
After Nadal got injured, Federere won 3 out of next 4 grand slams. Don't try to find faults in my wording, that won't help you win the argument. I have not given my comment on Djoko. What made you assume my opinion to suit your needs? You still didn't asnwer my question, is this just coincidence that Federer's peak deserts him, as soon as Nadal gets full fitness?
Show me someone who has done that.
Show me someone who lived in era where player like Davydenko is considered second best player of the era (refer to Yoda E post)

Actually its wierd every time Federer looks in great form nadal gets injured or loses to unknown players(unless its clay court).I think its just to preserve his H2H record.I mean how else can u explain Nadal losing to random world no.100 100 Lukas Rosol when he is just coming of a French Open win.Have we ever seen Federer or Djokovic lose to these random guys in GS? Ofcourse this is a rubbish conspiracy theory.But will suit very well with the theme of the thread.

Thought you didn't believe in Goat arguments? Aap kare to chamtkar... Lol. Nobody said or denied that Federer was all roses. It is you who has been using every unrelated opportunity to call him mentally weak,a cry baby and a sore loser and yet blaming the rest?
Aap mahaan ho, buddhimaan ho, swaami ho, gyaani ho, balki aap fan nahi ho .... FANATIC ho Fact 1 - I said Nadal is the best every player on CLAY, I never said he's a GOAT. Just like I feel -- Federer, Sampras and Laver are the best on grass. I should have included Borg with Nadal - my bad but instead of pointing it out you turn to smarty pants remarks. Yes, we get it you are smart and have a great sense of humor - something which Federer lacks. There's your ammunition to write another I am smart guy comment - go ahead. Fact 2 - I never attributed any of those words to Federer. You just twist words because you are so madly in love with Federer that you can't see anything beyond him. Here's what I meant, probably the last time I am going to try this out with you - Federer doesn't have the same mental toughness as I saw from a Sampras or a McEnroe. This doesn't mean Federer is mentally "weak". It means he is NOT the best in the mental aspect of the game there are others better than him - I never said Federer is a "cry baby" or a "sore loser". I meant Federer can be "a bit ungracious" when he's on the losing side (which doesn't happen a lot of times mind you!). Heck! Even Sooda agrees to this. Read his post and there are many such examples. - Apart from those words which you attribute I said (which I didn't) I also had kind words for Federer which you conveniently chose to ignore which is Federer is the most COMPLETE tennis player in terms of skill set, Federer is an All time Great, Federer is one of the GOATs, Federer wasn't just pure LUCKY to have won 16 Grand Slams. The above two are the only points against Federer. In fact, I wouldn't even say he's not a good player on clay - he's in fact an excellent player on clay. YES - he has repeatedly run into one of the BEST players on clay Rafael Nadal on multiple occasions which lead to that perception being formed. These are facts - of course Federer fanatics will get their panties in a twist because you showed them that Federer is NOT perfect. Now, the let the "smart pants" remarks will start because you have opened up the TRUTH. :giggle:

Yes certainly possible.But its just as possible if Nadal emerged earlier Federer would still have won just as many GS since he would have faced a much younger Federer .
Arrey bhaiyya! Argue with the person who said that. I don't even say Federer was "lucky". I feel it's quite stupid. :idunno:

Ok...Fair enough..every argument has it's strengths and weaknesses....the first champion player I saw was Ivan Lendl when he was just about coming off of his peak.....Completely follwed the game during the Agassi-Sampras era ,have vague memories of Lendl-Becker-Edberg era.....saw brief dominance from the likes of Rafter,Courier etc.... but I have never seen a player be in his prime for as long as Federer has....I understand if there were days when Nadal looked like the best ever but every player has such peaks but based on the consistency alone I rank Fed as the greatest ever.
You are right there - even I have never seen anyone have the consistency of Federer. That alone makes him one of the All Time Great. But, we need to we careful to make him the GOAT. The reason being that consistency in one era doesn't translate to consistency in another. He may have been consistent, he may not have been - unfortunately there's no way to know unless time travel. In my books, I will still consider Federer to be one of the GOATs besides Laver, Emerson, Sampras etc.

Aap mahaan ho' date= buddhimaan ho, swaami ho, gyaani ho, balki aap fan nahi ho .... FANATIC ho Fact 1 - I said Nadal is the best every player on CLAY, I never said he's a GOAT. Just like I feel -- Federer, Sampras and Laver are the best on grass. I should have included Borg with Nadal - my bad but instead of pointing it out you turn to smarty pants remarks. Yes, we get it you are smart and have a great sense of humor - something which Federer lacks. There's your ammunition to write another I am smart guy comment - go ahead. Fact 2 - I never attributed any of those words to Federer. You just twist words because you are so madly in love with Federer that you can't see anything beyond him. Here's what I meant, probably the last time I am going to try this out with you - Federer doesn't have the same mental toughness as I saw from a Sampras or a McEnroe. This doesn't mean Federer is mentally "weak". It means he is NOT the best in the mental aspect of the game there are others better than him - I never said Federer is a "cry baby" or a "sore loser". I meant Federer can be "a bit ungracious" when he's on the losing side (which doesn't happen a lot of times mind you!). Heck! Even Sooda agrees to this. Read his post and there are many such examples. - Apart from those words which you attribute I said (which I didn't) I also had kind words for Federer which you conveniently chose to ignore which is Federer is the most COMPLETE tennis player in terms of skill set, Federer is an All time Great, Federer is one of the GOATs, Federer wasn't just pure LUCKY to have won 16 Grand Slams. The above two are the only points against Federer. In fact, I wouldn't even say he's not a good player on clay - he's in fact an excellent player on clay. YES - he has repeatedly run into one of the BEST players on clay Rafael Nadal on multiple occasions which lead to that perception being formed. These are facts - of course Federer fanatics will get their panties in a twist because you showed them that Federer is NOT perfect. Now, the let the "smart pants" remarks will start because you have opened up the TRUTH. :giggle:
Wow! Such a long post :hatsoff: I,as a "Federer fanatic" will certainly sleep easy now that you have endorsed his greatness. Can you also go and change your vote now?

So the vote was wall it all about - aisa bolneka na. Tell me how to do it - I will. I'm not really sure why I clicked "Yes". In fact, I am glad to give 1 vote for each day of the week plus one extra as bonus just for the Federer fanatics to sleep well. It must be difficult to accept not waking up in the morning from Grand Slam to Grand Slam watching Federer cry :giggle:

After Nadal got injured' date= Federere won 3 out of next 4 grand slams. Don't try to find faults in my wording, that won't help you win the argument. I have not given my comment on Djoko. What made you assume my opinion to suit your needs? You still didn't asnwer my question, is this just coincidence that Federer's peak deserts him, as soon as Nadal gets full fitness? Show me someone who lived in era where player like Davydenko is considered second best player of the era (refer to Yoda E post)
Is it a coincidense.. Nadal peaked only when he started winning against Federer? Answer this question? Regarding Djoko.. that is the whole point of this thread.. Federer won only 5 majors post 2007 because of their existence.

So the vote was wall it all about - aisa bolneka na. Tell me how to do it - I will. I'm not really sure why I clicked "Yes". In fact' date= I am glad to give 1 vote for each day of the week plus one extra as bonus just for the Federer fanatics to sleep well. It must be difficult to accept not waking up in the morning from Grand Slam to Grand Slam watching Federer cry :giggle:
Of course you aren't sure why you do or say certain things. Talk to the mods.They will change the vote.

I'm not quite different to you mate - you twist words' date=' I twist votes. :wink2:[/quote'] Lets not spoil the essence of this wonderful argument by getting personal now. You can open a different thread where you are free to call me whatever you want. You still havent changed your vote! Anyways, I am bored now.