Varun Aaron injured again

Filth out bowled luck and hype in finals :hatsoff:
+1 His stats for this tourney are misleading. He constantly hurried batsmen with pace and induced edges but was unlucky not to pick wickets (esp. during the SL match where he outbowled every other bowler but couldn't get a wicket, but managed to injure two loin batsmen). Also, he picked up wickets of class players like Amla, Cook, ABD without which we wouldn't have won those matches :hatsoff:
Umesh is only going to improve from here onward unlike Ishant.
:agree: Umesh test average of 32.50 in 9 matches compared to Pishant's average of 38 after 51 matches. Most of Umesh's cricket in SC. He is our biggest hope for tests, while Pishant will just be lucky that he has good relations with Rat to secure his place in the future

Also even in odi his short one is very sharp almost got trott out and helped him bowl economically in final.. Don't respect him to bowl like bhuvi his stock ball is naturally attacking that's why people want him into tests Also he got cook out same way when bhuvi got Gayle out we gave him credit for win why not here ?

Also even in odi his short one is very sharp almost got trott out and helped him bowl economically in final.. Don't respect him to bowl like bhuvi his stock ball is naturally attacking that's why people want him into tests Also he got cook out same way when bhuvi got Gayle out we gave him credit for win why not here ?
Not really. His short balls are his bane. They most often dont rise above waist height and are easily hit for boundaries. He is hit for more runs on his short balls. Simply, he bowls too many short balls that should be surprised ball with effort to rise around chin to trouble batsmen. Waist high short balls are bread and butter.

The ones he bowled to Gayle in his first over, of his first spell in the 2nd games and the one to Mathews during his second spell in the SF were freebies. They rarely go above waist height, its a nothing delivery. Most of the batsmen cash into it and get runs. Those ee bowled to dismiss AB in the 1st game and bowled a good short one to Trott were pretty effective.

The ones he bowled to Gayle in his first over, of his first spell in the 2nd games and the one to Mathews during his second spell in the SF were freebies. They rarely go above waist height, its a nothing delivery. Most of the batsmen cash into it and get runs. Those ee bowled to dismiss AB in the 1st game and bowled a good short one to Trott were pretty effective.
Yes. A short ball at least should be chin high at pace to trouble good batsmen.
Not really. His short balls are his bane. They most often dont rise above waist height and are easily hit for boundaries. He is hit for more runs on his short balls. Simply' date=' he bowls too many short balls that should be surprised ball with effort to rise around chin to trouble batsmen. Waist high short balls are bread and butter.[/quote'] That ball to abdv was good.. Well I have noticed on his good days even this short ball problem is not there but still minor things can be easily worked on.. I won't be surprised if he gets better and better in this tri series..
That ball to abdv was good.. Well I have noticed on his good days even this short ball problem is not there but still minor things can be easily worked on.. I won't be surprised if he gets better and better in this tri series..
I want him to play more games and improve. He fixed his flaws from the SL game and bowled well against England in the finals.
I want him to play more games and improve. He fixed his flaws from the SL game and bowled well against England in the finals.
yeah..lets hope he develops into better bowler cos we have plenty of bowlers like bhuvan,shami and mohit a good inform yadav just completes the attack for me without him its bit one dimensional .. also next world cup in australia with big arounds and hard pitches he will be handful if he can jsut get more consistent ..

Umesh has to be tighter in shorter formats, especially at the start of a spell. So many times we have seen him start with 2 overs for 21 runs. After that he's always behind the eight ball and under the pump. He gotta be on target right fro the start and he will start getting more wkts. Right now batsmen don't take any risks against him coz they know a boundary ball (short and wide or half volley on legs) is just round the corner.