Guwahati mob molests girl, video goes viral online

Tiger80

Guwahati incident: Meet Mukul Kalita, the only one who came to victim’s rescue http://www.firstpost.com/india/guwahati-incident-meet-mukul-kalita-the-only-one-who-came-to-victims-rescue-377700.html

“I was on my bike and I saw on the road that a girl was running and behind her are around 30-40 men. The girl was crying for help,” Kalita said. “I immediately parked my bike but by that time the crowd had started to attack the girl. They pushed her on the ground and molested her,” he added. At this point Kalita tried to save the girl but had to face the mob’s fury. “I faced the ferocious mob and asked them why were harassing her? They told me not to interfere,” he said. “Immediately I called the police on 100. They told me that they know of the incident and that they are on the way. When the police arrived we rescued the girl from the mob,” he said. The whole incident was filmed by a local news channel and an unedited version was also uploaded on YouTube. Kalita tried to stop the cameraman from filming the incident. “The cameraman who was filming knew me as we are in the same field. I told him not to film the incident, but he thought I told him not to film me. So he didn’t shoot me but continued to shoot the incident,” he said.

I have said it before I say it again. First ensure law and order and then let's push for rights and moral codes or lack of it. I cannot imagine how much fear this kind incident puts in minds of both the women and their relatives.
Exactly - if you do the reverse things like these will be lost easily.

Journo instigated molestation: activist shows 'video proof RTI activist Akhil Gogoi today on Saturday alleged that a journalist who filmed the molestation of a girl here on Monday night on his mobile had 'instigated' it, but the news channel he belonged to denied it as 'baseless'. Gogoi who screened the video at the Guwahati Press Club alleged that the news channel journalist filming it was later joined by a colleague to whom he was heard saying that he had 'organised the incident'. Gogoi alleged that the second journalist was heard saying that the girl had been ruined to which the first replied that it was 'he who had urged them to do so'. Claiming that he had secured the raw footage, the RTI activist alleged that the news channel during telecast edited out these portions. "We have submitted a CD with the entire footage to the DGP Jayanta Narayan Choudhury and urged him to take action and he has assured us that the police will look into the matter," Gogoi said. Managing Editor of the news channel Syed Zarir Hussain told PTI that Gogoi's allegations were baseless. "A journalist of the channel happened to be present at the spot when the incident broke out and he began recording it and called the office for a camera team," Hussain said. "Gogoi has acquired the video from our channel and we have never denied that our journalists were not present on the spot," Hussain said. "The video footage makes it clear that both the journalists of the channel not only tried to protect the girl, but also called the police for help," Hussain said. "It is indeed a tragedy that instead of demanding the arrest of the culprits, Gogoi is making such baseless allegations," he said. President of the Electronic Media Forum Association Nava Thakuria, however, claimed that the video presented before the media was not the raw footage, but an edited version. "It can be doctored or tampered with and so we request Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi to send it for forensic tests," he said. "We are thankful to Gogoi for presenting us with documentary evidence on the role of the journalist in the incident, but we will not take any action against him now till the evidence proves to be conclusive," Thakuria said. http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/Guwahati/Journo-instigated-molestation-activist-shows-video-proof/Article1-889006.aspx

sickening but these kind of news-hunters like the bounty hunters in westerns, who can only go to the newspapers if they have some news worth paying for, are on the rise and there are no morals involved in the making of the daily income.

We are a sad nation. But there is no one India. It is a painful transition phase that we will have to go through. It will take years. However, we firstly start by being truthful about where we are. The neo feminist who have typically blown the moral trumpet will not solve the problem. They will provide reactions and yes reactions are sometimes necessary but ultimately the society has to move forward. Women have to be protected.

Imo, we live in a time of prevention. Incidents will happen, they are gonna get more common, but the remedy is in your own hands. Not on publishing the accusers or education them more. That's the key for me. Thereby, both parties can be said to be guilty. One party being higher guilt does not mean the other party (girl) guilt can be forgotten. Afterall, this all could be prevented had common sense prevailed. It is only stupid people who have marches/protests in India today(these things rarely produces results/actions, or basically will never work unless you belong to a minority group itself). Surely everybody agree.

This has got wider attention now. Molestation of minor girls or boys should be treated severely. http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article3639432.ece?homepage=true Law ought to be changed. This is where our politicians can change the course of country. Alright you couldn't prevent an incident.. least a law minister can do is modify the law to treat criminals who abuse minor girls or boys.

what happened to my post ? I guess describing sexual escapades of a certain prophet is unacceptable but generalizing the Indian society as being immoral based on Draupadi's vastra-haran is not a issue at all ehh ?
They were both extreme examples, not sure why one should be entertained over the other. The way I see it is it is rather easy for Indians to have a shot at every other fellow Indians in the garb of trying to come across as a defender of a certain philosphy - in this case women rights(or security). We are a strange country. Somehow we are all good individually, but collectively we suck. The educated gentry will never even make an attempt to get into areas like Cops, Defence..let alone politics and then claim that those who do it are corrupt of highest nature. It is a weird quagmire. And yes your example was completely out of context. :winky: