1. 1.

• McCullum
    • Guptil
    • Taylor
    • Williamson
    • Van Wyk
    • None of the NZ bat
    • Other batsmen (state it in thread)

why does our chief selector announces squad standing up outside the office crowded by the media persons' date=' the 5 man committee should announce in the conference hall in a calm environment and answering all the questions asked by the journalists instead of doing one after 5 minutes of answering questions[/quote'] He wanted to leave Mumbai before the riot :hysterical:
Smarter people? We've just been humiliated 0-8. How much worse can it get from there? But yeah' date=' "smarter" people pick "unlucky" bowlers over bowlers who actually take wickets.[/quote'] You are continuing to prove how "dumb" you are. If you believe the selectors were the cause for our 0-8 humiliation, definitely no one can help you. Selectors did not play in those matches and it is not like 1 different players would have changed everything. Typical fan using hindsight in everything. Wouldn't surprise me if you go quiet when we have done well.

Indian selectors are as reckless as school children

When after a full month of studying heavy text books and mugging up tedious formulae/definitions one after another, the last exam approaches, this tends to divide students into two sets. One, those who look at it as job unfinished and prepare meticulously as they have done in the past, ending up with consistently high grades in all subjects. They make for professional people in every scope of life. Two are those students who are mentally strained and pick up this last textbook only for the heck of it, their heart not into the subject matter at all. They do pass the exam but their grades in this subject slip below the radar and are left tearing their hair apart for this reckless attitude. They grow up to become Indian selectors. In their terse mannerism of last official selection, Kris Srikkanth and his band of wise men have acted like school children at their certified worst. The only difference between the two sets of people being that school kids are precisely that, just school kids unknown to the vagaries of life. They may or may not learn from their mistakes. The Indian selectors on the other hand, despite the garb of professionalism, never learn. Not after being blanked 8-0 in two different parts of the world, not after losing the Asia Cup - a tournament the world champions should have won, certainly not when they are standing on the cusp of an impending transition. It is that last word on which rested this whole saga of team selection. New Zealand are arriving shortly for a Test series and India have many questions to answer. Throw in the fact that the ICC World Twenty20 team was also announced as well as the India A team for a tour of New Zealand in early autumn, and the whole thing becomes quite a jigsaw puzzle. The selectors turned into nothing short of a hassle. For the Tests against New Zealand, they decided to take the easy way out by selecting a 15-man squad and delegating the headache of picking a final XI onto the shoulders of the team management. As always questions went unanswered, the biggest one being about the future of VVS Laxman. Has anyone spoken to him? What are his plans? Is he in the side on a match-by-match basis? Is there more to be read into the fact that the first Test is at his home ground (a farewell perhaps)? With Cheteswara Pujara in the squad, who bats at No. 3 - him or Virat Kohli? What about Ajinkya Rahane? Is he now the designate number three opener or could he still slot in the middle order? How is Suresh Raina back in reckoning? Does the Kiwi, English or Aussie attack not know how to bowl the short-stuff on subcontinental pitches? Or has he scored enough runs to push for a Test place again (when)? Are there no other alternatives with Rohit Sharma having shot himself in the foot? Talking about the puzzle that is Rohit, his poor string of scores in Sri Lanka is enough to push him out of Test reckoning. Yet he finds himself on the plane for the World Twenty20, which surprisingly one of IPL's top-scorers, Rahane, misses out on. Yes, the common tow-line in such scenarios is that IPL performances do not matter. How then do they explain the return of L Balaji, who in temperament whilst bowling at the death is only slightly better off than Ashish Nehra and Munaf Patel? Performance doesn't seem to be a criterion at all given that Piyush Chawla and Harbhajan Singh woke up and found themselves on the team sheets again. The former is probably there in the squad - both for Tests and T20 - for being a good luck charm, since team India won the World Cup the last time he graced them with his presence. Harbhajan is in for experience supposedly, although that didn't come in handy during the IPL or now when he is consistently wicket-less in county cricket as well. No, one or two lower-order wickets don't count. Rahul Sharma's absence is understandable, in light of the doping controversy. Wayne Parnell is going to the World Twenty20, so it is not that big a deal. Only that the BCCI doesn't want this issue to blow-up. So it is okay for him to be on the A tour to New Zealand, just not anywhere else. And talking about the A side, whatever happened to Parwinder Awana? Just the one match in the West Indies and he is gone? Robin Bist and Wriddhiman Saha are out as well with Naman Ojha and Ambati Rayudu given a chance to prove themselves. Surprisingly though there is no back-up keeper to Dhoni selected for the New Zealand series or the World Twenty20. Here, one needs to take a deep breath. For there are umpteen circles to run around these three selections and as ever, no answers will be forthcoming. Having a paid set of selectors was a first step towards avoiding such scenarios but no second steps have been taken. Putting a muzzle on them so that the media (and fans alike) are just left contemplating answers is the main problem. Who is responsible now - the outgoing selectors or the ones who will come in next (we have no idea who they are!)? And do you know what the worst part of this triple-selection is? The return of 2011 World Cup hero Yuvraj Singh, from a potentially life-threatening disease back to the cricket field, needed to be celebrated with gusto. Instead it is now buried knee-deep under this confusion.
http://cricketnext.in.com/live/blogs/chetannarula/2970/63795/indian-selectors-are-as-reckless-as-school-children.html
You are continuing to prove how "dumb" you are. If you believe the selectors were the cause for our 0-8 humiliation' date=' definitely no one can help you. Selectors did not play in those matches and it is not like 1 different players would have changed everything. Typical fan using hindsight in everything. Wouldn't surprise me if you go quiet when we have done well.[/quote'] More than 0-8 it's the selection thereafter that's more puzzling. After 0-8 when it's clear likes of Laxman are a spent force why select him anymore? Selectors are not the only ones responsible but they hold a good chunk of the blame. They were the ones who selected a half-fit Sehwag in England, they are the ones who are continuing to persist with Laxman when he can't do much in the future and they're the ones who keep on selecting likes of Chawla with no basis whatsoever.
You are continuing to prove how "dumb" you are. If you believe the selectors were the cause for our 0-8 humiliation' date=' definitely no one can help you. Selectors did not play in those matches and it is not like 1 different players would have changed everything. Typical fan using hindsight in everything. Wouldn't surprise me if you go quiet when we have done well.[/quote'] Where did I say 0-8 was because of selections, though they did play a part like the Sehwag fiasco? The disappointing bit has been the reaction to 0-8 by the selectors. 1. What is Laxman doing in the side after not being able to score in the two series losses? 2. What exactly has Raina done to show his credentials as a test batsman since he was dropped? 3. What dimension does Chawla bring to the side? 4. What match practice will Ishant have after a surgery and the starting of NZ tests? 5. What match practice will Yuvraj have before the T20 WC? 6. Why is Praveen not even good enough to be in the A team after being our best bowler in England? 7. How has Mukund managed to become the captain of the India A side after averaging 7 on the India A tour to WI? 8. What has Harbhajan done to get a recall? 9. Why were Awanna and Saha dropped from the A side? I would really love to understand the reasons behind these selections which apparently I am too dumb to understand. I don't know what hidden wisdom you see in a selector who picked his own undeserving son and then made laughable comments about not knowing which format they were selecting the team for. As dumb as I might be I would at least know which format selections are being made for.
Where did I say 0-8 was because of selections, though they did play a part like the Sehwag fiasco? The disappointing bit has been the reaction to 0-8 by the selectors. 1. What is Laxman doing in the side after not being able to score in the two series losses? 2. What exactly has Raina done to show his credentials as a test batsman since he was dropped? 3. What dimension does Chawla bring to the side? 4. What match practice will Ishant have after a surgery and the starting of NZ tests? 5. What match practice will Yuvraj have before the T20 WC? He has two NZ International T20s and Buchi Babu tournament. He is a gamble but a decent gamble. He has more than a month as well. 6. Why is Praveen not even good enough to be in the A team after being our best bowler in England? 7. How has Mukund managed to become the captain of the India A side after averaging 7 on the India A tour to WI? 8. What has Harbhajan done to get a recall? 9. Why were Awanna and Saha dropped from the A side? Injured I would really love to understand the reasons behind these selections which apparently I am too dumb to understand. I don't know what hidden wisdom you see in a selector who picked his own undeserving son and then made laughable comments about not knowing which format they were selecting the team for. As dumb as I might be I would at least know which format selections are being made for.
The rest have no answers/excuses what so ever.
Where did I say 0-8 was because of selections, though they did play a part like the Sehwag fiasco? The disappointing bit has been the reaction to 0-8 by the selectors. .
They wanted to give Laxman a nice farewell series,individual>team.Raina is included bcoz he is a good athlete,can substitue vvs in the fied.Cheeka read the leg spinner's name as Chaiwala and selected him for carrying refreshments.Bhajji has been recalled in T20 to provide security for Indians in Lanka.

Raina has been recalled coz he is butt buddies with dhoni and he needs one of his band of chamchas in any side (read jadeja, raina, munaf) This laxman circus is just to allow him another few good innings against mediocre opposition so that he can decide when to call it time on his illustrious career Chawla obviously like Rohit sharma has some serious backing in the bcci and hence seems to appropriately become world class as soon as we select a world cup side even though every paploo in the ipl smashed him for at least 2-3 sixers in each over (nice variety hawla!!) Only good selection was pujara.... i'm looking forward to him establishing himself in the middle order along with kohli (that would be our middle order meat for the next decade hopefully)

They wanted to give Laxman a nice farewell series' date='individual>team.Raina is included bcoz he is a good athlete,can substitue vvs in the fied.Cheeka read the leg spinner's name as Chaiwala and selected him for carrying refreshments[b'].Bhajji has been recalled in T20 to provide security for Indians in Lanka.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
They wanted to give Laxman a nice farewell series' date='individual>team.Raina is included bcoz he is a good athlete,can substitue vvs in the fied.Cheeka read the leg spinner's name as Chaiwala and selected him for carrying refreshments. Bhajji has been recalled in T20 to provide security for Indians in Lanka.[/quote'] :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:
Where did I say 0-8 was because of selections, though they did play a part like the Sehwag fiasco? The disappointing bit has been the reaction to 0-8 by the selectors. 1. What is Laxman doing in the side after not being able to score in the two series losses? 2. What exactly has Raina done to show his credentials as a test batsman since he was dropped? 3. What dimension does Chawla bring to the side? 4. What match practice will Ishant have after a surgery and the starting of NZ tests? 5. What match practice will Yuvraj have before the T20 WC? 6. Why is Praveen not even good enough to be in the A team after being our best bowler in England? 7. How has Mukund managed to become the captain of the India A side after averaging 7 on the India A tour to WI? 8. What has Harbhajan done to get a recall? 9. Why were Awanna and Saha dropped from the A side? I would really love to understand the reasons behind these selections which apparently I am too dumb to understand. I don't know what hidden wisdom you see in a selector who picked his own undeserving son and then made laughable comments about not knowing which format they were selecting the team for. As dumb as I might be I would at least know which format selections are being made for.
wow. smashed him. :hatsoff: would like to hear a few explanations from him.
Where did Praveen go wrong in Tests? 6 Tests average 25' date=' why was he not a given a chance to retain his spot? Should have been picked over Dinda.[/quote'] He played well so he is OUT. Currently, one who doesn't play well is the criteria to select the Indian Test team like Laxman et al.
Where did Praveen go wrong in Tests? 6 Tests average 25' date=' why was he not a given a chance to retain his spot? Should have been picked over Dinda.[/quote'] No matter what he does, he won't get chance again. Selectors prefer phaasst, tall, short-and-wide Ishant over wicket taking PK. :facepalm: Ishant in his last 6 matches - 8 wickets at staggering average of 82 and SR 146 is better option than PK. :laugh: