1. 1.

• McCullum
    • Guptil
    • Taylor
    • Williamson
    • Van Wyk
    • None of the NZ bat
    • Other batsmen (state it in thread)

I think Tendulkar is enough to provide the assurance and enjoyment.
:two_thumbs_up:....Let's get rid of him and replace him with Unmukt Chand,Aparijith or whoever our resident talent scouts have in mind....Just the right formula to have a world beating middle order V2 to get the glory days back :yay:
:two_thumbs_up:....Let's get rid of him and replace him with Unmukt Chand' date='Aparijith or whoever our resident talent scouts have in mind....Just the right formula to have a world beating middle order V2 to get the glory days back :yay:[/quote'] What wrong are Kohli and Pujara doing? Raina is a hack and shouldn't be there, get in Rahane and I am sure he will do better than averaging 30-35 over 13 tests. But yeah, we'll miss the fictional assurance and enjoyment. Keeping Tendulkar, Dravid, and Laxman is not going to bring the glory days back either.
What wrong are Kohli and Pujara doing? Raina is a hack and shouldn't be there, get in Rahane and I am sure he will do better than averaging 30-35 over 13 tests. But yeah, we'll miss the fictional assurance and enjoyment. Keeping Tendulkar, Dravid, and Laxman is not going to bring the glory days back either.
No team does well when it dumps all seniors at once...Who is the senior we can build the team around Sehwag? Dhoni? Gambhir?.....SRT has been more than decent tthan these guys comparitively, no matter how mediocre his performances have been ... Look at WI....Chanders is no lara,but having him in the middle order gives a chance to WI to rotate how many ever youngsters they can and once in a while they can be competitive thanks to him...He may perform or not but he just brings the assurance to the side....Just remove Chanderpaul and even the likes of Samuels who has been having a bit of a purple patch lately ala Kohli looks vulnerable

^ Also to add I am in no Bhakt mode,but say if Sehwag all of a sudden even at home finds form over a period of the next few games,than we can think of SRT having a forced 'Epiphany' like RD and VVS But the order right now the pecking order for dumping is Sehwag,Gambhir and SRT

Look at WI....Chanders is no lara,but having him in the middle order gives a chance to WI to rotate how many ever youngsters they can and once in a while they can be competitive thanks to him...He may perform or not but he just brings the assurance to the side....Just remove Chanderpaul and even the likes of Samuels who has been having a bit of a purple patch lately ala Kohli looks vulnerable
Chanders is doing really well in last few years. Senior or not, he is there because he is best batsman in current WI line-up even with current form.
Chanders is doing really well in last few years. Senior or not' date=' he is there because he is best batsman in current WI line-up even with current form.[/quote'] Agree....but it would be a mistake just to dump all the seniors at once...I am not sticking up only for SRT here,but we cannot afford to have all batsmen who middle order filled with players less than 10-15 tests Eng and Aus despite being home series are a lot more different ball game than NZL On current form Gambhir and Sehwag are in the pecking order so that gives 2 more slots to fill for the youngsters but if one of them finds form,then i agree SRT has to be No 1 on the basis of his age and long term value
^ Also to add I am in no Bhakt mode,but say if Sehwag all of a sudden even at home finds form over a period of the next few games,than we can think of SRT having a forced 'Epiphany' like RD and VVS But the order right now the pecking order for dumping is Sehwag,Gambhir and SRT
Building a team around seniors is fine if the seniors are performing to decent levels, even if not to their lofty standards. Tendulkar is a 40 year old walking wicket. Anyhow, nothing I will say will make you think otherwise, but Tendulkar is going nowhere so you'll see a live demo of building the team around him over the next 8.5 tests. Do give me your assessment in March and then later in South Africa.
Building a team around seniors is fine if the seniors are performing to decent levels' date=' even if not to their lofty standards. Tendulkar is a 40 year old walking wicket. Anyhow, nothing I will say will make you think otherwise, but Tendulkar is going nowhere so you'll see a live demo of building the team around him over the next 8.5 tests. Do give me your assessment in March and then later in South Africa.[/quote'] Bhai I agree it's time to start thinking phasing out SRT....The myth that there are no slots to fill for youngsters is wrong...Who knows There might just be 2 opening slots for the taking in the coming months....Raina's spot also is there for the taking...So in that order SRT is not No 1 right now in the chopping block list Look at Aus....they lost Langer and Hayden in a span of a year and they still are trying to fill those slot.....Their middle order with the exception of Clarke looked vulnerable even against our Bowling attack....but guys like Hussey(tbf was in decent touch in SL)) and Ponting who according to me are way past their sell date made a lot of difference...just imagine if they had dumped ponting or even Hussey for the Indian series...good chance the results might have been different...I know this is whishful thinking but in Test Cricket Experience sometimes is more valuable than youth and form
No team does well when it dumps all seniors at once...Who is the senior we can build the team around Sehwag? Dhoni? Gambhir?.....SRT has been more than decent tthan these guys comparitively, no matter how mediocre his performances have been ... Look at WI....Chanders is no lara,but having him in the middle order gives a chance to WI to rotate how many ever youngsters they can and once in a while they can be competitive thanks to him...He may perform or not but he just brings the assurance to the side....Just remove Chanderpaul and even the likes of Samuels who has been having a bit of a purple patch lately ala Kohli looks vulnerable
Seniority shouldn't be a criteria to get a free ride with the national side, performance should be. What's the point of keeping the seniors in the time and what sort of assurance are you talking about? The one we got while going 0-8? Nope, I would rather go with youngsters like Rahane & Rohit to complement players like Kohli and Pujara. If likes of Sehwag and Gambhir continue to fail drop them as well and get in more youngsters. I am sure we will find enough youngsters/players to field a decent team. It's India we are talking about where there's always cricketing talent available. Let's give youth a chance and I'm sure we won't be disappointed. If we have to fail, I would rather see a team full of youngsters go down rather than one with over the hill players.
Virender will win this for us. :proud:
Played like ODI and vanished in 30s. If there is a "throw away your wicket" way, Viru does it always. He had the measure of bowlers today, and NZ were sweating, what does Viru do? He just needlessly plays reckless and throws it away. More importantly gives a "breathing room" (relief) for NZ!
Played like ODI and vanished in 30s. If there is a "throw away your wicket" way' date=' Viru does it always. He had the measure of bowlers today, and NZ were sweating, what does Viru do? He just needlessly plays reckless and throws it away. More importantly gives a "breathing room" (relief) for NZ![/quote'] That opening p'ship sealed the win for us. Mission accomplished.

Morris, That wicket of Viru did exactly what I said. It jolted the nice momentum of Ind innings, and there were a few quiet overs, the flow of runs dried up a bit, and then the wicket of Gambhir. We have seen this pattern in the past, when Viru throws his wicket away after a quick start, there will be a pressure buildup.