Olympics nothing less than a war for China

rkt.india

Not because it is China, at 3 you are not interested in sports the current trampoline champion Gold medallist is 23 years old, trampoline was first in the olympics in 2000. So when he was 3 yrs old he was interested in trampoline? kya logic yaar. going back to my original post 3 is as bad as 1, living in a hostel at 3 years old without even knowing why you are away from parents, living a regimented, military style life etc is as horrible as being forced to work due to money. Actually both are the same you get stipends out of it.
good that you pointed it out...how did you know he started training at three....people saw some three year old kids and asssumed everybody is trained at three...why do you think china will waste money on a sports not even in olympics and start training...if you think carefully peopple have used some isolated pics to create a storm jsut because china is an emerging superpower.... just take your example...you say a 23 year old guy is a champion in a sports introduced in 2000...you have no proof..yet you assume that he was forced to train from three years old..china spends millions of dollars that 10 years down the line this might be a olympic sport..lets make a champion now... why is it so difficult to believe that the sports got introduced..he wanted to participate joined a school and trained hard.... it is because of these and so many other assumptions..most misconceived and some on misplaced sense of abuse and training and some for just apathy towards china....that this thread has become so long....

I am sorry...if what is shown in the video is acceptable as training ...then there is no point discussing at all.
i guess so...to me its abuse..if the person is forced to endure that against his or her wish..if he has joined it voluntarily..it is a very efficient form of training...good job to the coaches

And I stand by my argument' date=' champions are born not manufactured. You just replaced the word manufactured with produce to suit your own argument...lol. Its quite clear they lack the natural talent to win anything worlthwhile in any other major sports hence they run these labour camps for kids to specifically target olympic related events.[/quote'] so what is your point? hard work is something to be shameful..instead like india..stay happy with 1 medal each olympics... no one is talking about whether the chineese athletes are good or bad...perhaps they are bad..thats why they train hard...results matter

i guess so...to me its abuse..if the person is forced to endure that against his or her wish..if he has joined it voluntarily..it is a very efficient form of training...good job to the coaches
You really think those children have any chance of saying no to an all powerful state?I personally would like to see those coaches sent to jail for a long time.

You really think those children have any chance of saying no to an all powerful state?
there is a difference between china and north korea/iraq etc... china is not a dictatorship...they curb political freedom..there is a difference... people here assume that the party runs a personal fiefdom..instead watch how the entire country rejoices at olympic gold ..the pride..do you think children are not motivated by that.... say in india...children want to emulate a tendulkar, join a cricket camp..where they are trained extremely hard...made to lift weights, bowl , run for hours....its tough but it is what makes you a better athlete..to some it may seem abuse..to others its training to be a champion. now a journalist sees a pic...of a ball hitting a nose and the coach making him bat inspite of that....is that really abuse or is it making you tough and building you up... yes i can see why you can think its barabaric..but to others its how you toughen it up..to be the best you have to go beyond the boundaries..as simple as that

You really think those children have any chance of saying no to an all powerful state?I personally would like to see those coaches sent to jail for a long time.
i ahve a feeling we wont agree on this one...so lets both give rest to our fingers..specially mine are tired...

so what is your point? hard work is something to be shameful..instead like india..stay happy with 1 medal each olympics... no one is talking about whether the chineese athletes are good or bad...perhaps they are bad..thats why they train hard...results matter
There is fine distinction between personal dedication and forced ethics imposed on by the goverment. Gold medals shouldn't come at the expense of one's childhood. If china had true champs they wouldnt have to take kids away from their parents in the first place.

There is fine distinction between personal dedication and forced ethics imposed on by the goverment. Gold medals shouldn't come at the expense of one's childhood. If china had true champs they wouldnt have to take kids away from their parents in the first place.
well ethics are not forced but developed encouraged...it could easily be encouraged by high prize money and lucrative offers..making the athlete train even harder... in the end results matter and maybe you are right china may not have that great natural ability but I would rather doff my hat at their hardwork. the chineese culture is very different from us...just observing them close by...i can see them more disciplined, extremely hardworking (almost nauseating)...very machine like compared to say indians (lazy and chalta hai attitude) and americans (efficient but not many hours)..there is a reason...why the oriental cultures are so disciplined, patient, and dedicated....be it their martial arts history or their patriotism... that is what pushes them..but most of us come from a country where our parents dream of only making engineers and doctors and make money..few inherit businessmen and others go about picking the best available jobs depending on talent...and we can see why china is miles ahead of us in sports and even other fields like industry, education, scientific research...may not be through talent but through hard work as u rightly said...its an extension of who they are as a people... tenuous culture with a sharp brain

Anybody here seen tv series 'Spartacus'? Checkout out those brutal training & exercises behind those Champs in making. Yep the gladiators, the days of early public entertainment where they fight in Olympic like tournaments. Prize was marely nothing but to prove yourself a champion at collosium in front of thousands of spectators. Its a big price those athlets ready to pay to get earn those medals, not everyone dare to do. :hatsoff: to every Olympic champs, for their willingness to be the best, long dedication, hard practices & sacrifices.

Anybody here seen tv series 'Spartacus'? Checkout out those brutal training & exercises behind those Champs in making. Yep the gladiators' date=' the days of early public entertainment where they fight in Olympic like tournaments. [b']Prize was marely nothing but to prove yourself a champion at collosium in front of thousands of spectators. Its a big price those athlets ready to pay to get earn those medals, not everyone dare to do. :hatsoff: to every Olympic champs, for their willingness to be the best, long dedication, hard practices & sacrifices.
lol- Sparatcus -although based on history is more fiction than fact dude- won't recommend using that as an analogy. Do you really think that slaves who no one cared for & were being used as gladiators could sustain those hunky bodies year after year as shown on the series when they lived in horrible conditions and were barely fed. And talking of pride- they were not fighting for the "prize" of proving themselves as champion. They didn't have a choice- winning could atleast mean pleasing their masters for a little better treatment and or even freedom sometimes. The brutal training was for masters to make sure they can make money or gain favors in political circles through the wins of their slaves, not with the intent of coaching gladiators to become champions for their own good

Good post and a very pertinent point. China through Olympics tries to assert that it is a world power. Quite a different philosophy away from what the spirit of Olympics really means imo.
:hatsoff:
Errr, I don't even know where to begin :laugh: First of all, professional sport is cut throat. This is not about telling your kids 'try' their best and if they lose, than no big deal. Maybe it is in India, which explains its dismal performance in Olympics.
Though you may seem to think otherwise, but the raison d'etre of most nations is not to win an Olympic gold. I don't subscribe to this whole theory of nations doing well in Olympics. It started off as events for individual athletes, and should have stayed so. Unfortunately, the powers of modern world hijacked the event made and turned it into an opportunity to showcase some kind of 'superiority' of their societies.
Even if you disregard the participation of US/China/Russia' date=' India don't get as many medals as they should in the Commonwealth Games. [/quote'] Errr.... US/Russia/China weren't there in the Commonwealth Games. What was your point here? :confused: And India got 101 medals in the last edition of the games, second only to sporting superpower Australia. Its very clear to me that India focuses on only high quality events like the Commonwealth games and the Kamla Nehru Track and field championships. Mickey Mouse events like the Olympics is for the lesser nations.

well ethics are not forced but developed encouraged...it could easily be encouraged by high prize money and lucrative offers..making the athlete train even harder... in the end results matter and maybe you are right china may not have that great natural ability but I would rather doff my hat at their hardwork. the chineese culture is very different from us...just observing them close by...i can see them more disciplined, extremely hardworking (almost nauseating)...very machine like compared to say indians (lazy and chalta hai attitude) and americans (efficient but not many hours)..there is a reason...why the oriental cultures are so disciplined, patient, and dedicated....be it their martial arts history or their patriotism... that is what pushes them..but most of us come from a country where our parents dream of only making engineers and doctors and make money..few inherit businessmen and others go about picking the best available jobs depending on talent...and we can see why china is miles ahead of us in sports and even other fields like industry, education, scientific research...may not be through talent but through hard work as u rightly said...its an extension of who they are as a people... tenuous culture with a sharp brain
Just interacting with a few chinese in US, you can make some of it and can't genealize it to the whole chinese culture. I have seen lazy chinese at work who are not very much disciplined. Olympics and gold earning is still an obsession of their government (military) and a few elite chinese who get immense pleasure in seeing their country's name listed under the G column at the top. Their economy is good because it is controlled by the government measures and benefit their elite and doesn't trickle down to those who are downtrodden (just like India, before you point it out to me).

lol- Sparatcus -although based on history is more fiction than fact dude- won't recommend using that as an analogy. Do you really think that slaves who no one cared for & were being used as gladiators could sustain those hunky bodies year after year as shown on the series when they lived in horrible conditions and were barely fed. And talking of pride- they were not fighting for the "prize" of proving themselves as champion. They didn't have a choice- winning could atleast mean pleasing their masters for a little better treatment and or even freedom sometimes. The brutal training was for masters to make sure they can make money or gain favors in political circles through the wins of their slaves, not with the intent of coaching gladiators to become champions for their own good
both of you are correct but they train hard to NOT FREAKING DIE OR EATEN BY A LION...only then they can win freedom or get better food.. but youa re right they are fed properly and trained hard because of the entertainment factor..but the gladiators trained not to get killed..they trained for life but i like what he pointed out..that is how champions train and i am amazed people are criticizing something which ought to be proud of...

Just interacting with a few chinese in US' date=' you can make some of it and can't genealize it to the whole chinese culture. I have seen lazy chinese at work who are not very much disciplined. Olympics and gold earning is still an obsession of their government (military) and a few elite chinese who get immense pleasure in seeing their country's name listed under the G column at the top. Their economy is good because it is controlled by the government measures and benefit their elite and doesn't trickle down to those who are downtrodden (just like India, before you point it out to me).[/quote'] generalization as such gives u an idea...even if it is not a scientific way of doing things US is a land of innovation and freedom Indians are scientists and , IT hub, chalta hai attitude Brazilians are about soccer and girls Chineese and Japaneese are about hardwork and dedication and cheap product (NOT Japan) Japan. Korea-gaming and electronics This is not to say each and every people are like that...but it just a is a very broad classification..exceptions abound...but it is hard to completely disregard the generalizations. it is also the standard of life they lead..look at their cities, their high speed railway system, the roads, the way Olympics was conducted and how CWG is conducted and we can just accept that their method has tremendous advantages over us and part of it is due to the remarkable people of China...hats off to thier discipline and hardwork,,,