Soldier memorial desecrated

surajmal

Even if what you were saying is true it does not augur well to paint everyone by the same brush.
I'm not painting everyone by the same brush. Why would I? I'm calling a spade a spade here. On one hand you have a soldier, who is a Muslim and who was killed trying to liberate India. On the other hand you have a fellow who destroys a monument to the said soldier and probably also destroys more public property for alleged massacres on Muslims in Burma. There's nothing more to it. From what I've read of this in the Urdu press, the stance has been two opposite extremes 1) The vandals were wrong and the Police should have never given the Raza Academy permission in the first place (hinting at a political conspiracy) 2) The media are over reacting and such a controversy was created when Raj Thackeray went all out against the UP/Biharis or when XYZ did this and that in 1976 etc etc Both these views are dishonest. There is no doubt that the police could have prevented this, but that doesn't take away the guilt from the perpetrators who came in prepared. And for those saying that all this is a media demonizing certain Muslims, they are either very stupid or just plain dishonest or both. The goons attacked a media vehicle for no reason. Why would the media be kind to them? According to this set of writers, its the medias fault. :confused: How much more in denial can you (the writers) get than this? The good news in the entire sorry episode is that there were local maulvis who helped the police identify the culprits from their prayer congregations. Mumbai police have done a good job so far. Hope the guys who incited a portion of the crowd also spend some time behind bars.

It has nothing to do with democracy or dictatorship. Remember what happened to the Saddam memorial and the love his subjects flowered upon it.
yaar .. i meant try doing the same under the dictatorship of Saddam or Ghaddafi in there Prime... Any one cud have done it after they were out of there leadership.

I surely did wondered about this, but wait did you ever wondered why no riots after 2002 in Gujarat specially Ahmedabad which happened to be one of the most communal sensitive place in India. If you can see 1992 as the root of the problem, do not blame babua if someone looks 2002 as solution of the problem.
Surely that is false equivalency Khalpat miyaan. First up it is great to see Gujrat not falling back again in the chasm of religious riots. And yes indeed the Administration at the helm deserves the credit for the same. But it is not same to compare 10 years with 45 years, is it? Only history can suggest if 2002 in Gujarat was same/similar to 1992 Mumbai riots. Not being dissmissive here.

Surely that is false equivalency Khalpat miyaan. First up it is great to see Gujrat not falling back again in the chasm of religious riots. And yes indeed the Administration at the helm deserves the credit for the same. But it is not same to compare 10 years with 45 years, is it? Only history can suggest if 2002 in Gujarat was same/similar to 1992 Mumbai riots. Not being dissmissive here.
My point is now the time has come to say, I do not want to go into the root cause, bury the root cause, I have a law of my land, follow the law or get punished its as simple as that. What is wrong is wrong. No justification for that.

My point is now the time has come to say' date= I do not want to go into the root cause, bury the root cause, I have a law of my land, follow the law or get punished its as simple as that. What is wrong is wrong. No justification for that.
To hit the reset button. Yes I couldn't agree more. You have to realize though that the root cause comment is directly related to the growth of Shiv Sena in Bombay. Even the staunchest SS supporters do not support it because of fiscal, industrial, education policies. It essenetially comes down to religion card really. The reset button should also be hit for SS, me thinks. There is no room for a party like that in the financial capital of the country, more so since its (SS) growth has directly corresponded to Bombay's demise (in my opinion)

To hit the reset button. Yes I couldn't agree more. You have to realize though that the root cause comment is directly related to the growth of Shiv Sena in Bombay. Even the staunchest SS supporters do not support it because of fiscal, industrial, education policies. It essenetially comes down to religion card really. The reset button should also be hit for SS, me thinks. There is no room for a party like that in the financial capital of the country, more so since its (SS) growth has directly corresponded to Bombay's demise (in my opinion)
What do you mean hit the reset button ? Any political party will survive only as long as people support it. If incidents like Azad Maidan, terrorist attacks like 26/11, bomb blasts in Pune, Mumbai keep happening under Congress-NCP then obviously some people are going to support Shiv Sena-BJP during whose rule there were hardly any terrorist attacks or riots in the state. And I dont want to point out again, but Congress-NCP has been ruling Maharashtra for last 12 years, and they - if anyone - should be blamed for Mumbai's decline.

Has anyone considered the fact that Shiv Sena are prime stake holders in BMC which is one of the most richest and most corrupt organizations in India? #KThxBai Why is there need for a terrorist attack during BJP regime? We can just walk away from our borders and sleep for 6 months before people realize - like at Kargil.

Has anyone considered the fact that Shiv Sena are prime stake holders in BMC which is one of the most richest and most corrupt organizations in India? #KThxBai Why is there need for a terrorist attack during BJP regime? We can just walk away from our borders and sleep for 6 months before people realize - like at Kargil.
Unlike say during Congress rule, when we dont supply our soldiers with bullets, allow over 3000 of them to be killed, 4000 taken PoW and lose 33,000 sqKm of our territory. #1962

^ At least you agree both are in the same boat and you do not get a moral ground just because you support one over the other.
Gujral shut down CIT ops of RAW in pakistan as a goodwill measure. So Army had no hint of Pak's perfidy in Kargil until it had already happened. Don't blame BJP for events leading up to Kargil. That blame lies solely on Peacenik Gujral (You can also blame Narsihma Rao for shutting down Eastern operations - Burma and China).

^ At least you agree both are in the same boat and you do not get a moral ground just because you support one over the other.
I only gave reasons why some people may support the Shiv Sena-BJP (however unpalatable they may seem to others) due to the fact that the Congress-NCP has messed up big time. Moreover, blaming SS for Mumbai's decline is absurd considering that Congress-NCP have been in power for last 12 yrs.

thats not a worst news
It doesn't have quite the same zing as, say raping the man's sister the day before you meet him to discuss matters of national security among other things. But consider this, the Paki PM will walk into the meeting knowing that the Indian govt. could have leaned on the SC to push the verdict by a few days but instead chose not to. That is pretty badass by international diplomatic standards.

What do you mean hit the reset button ? Any political party will survive only as long as people support it. And I dont want to point out again, but Congress-NCP has been ruling Maharashtra for last 12 years, and they - if anyone - should be blamed for Mumbai's decline
Your two comments contradict each other. SS/BJP are "supported" by people and hence they survive in Mumbai. But Congress-NCP do not, even though they have been in power for last 12 years as you say?? Leaving aside your contradictions, I have mentioned somewhere in this thread that at the end of the day the reason why Mumbai is where it is today is because of Mumbaikars. They have to own their city and stop throwing up leaders like Bal and Raj Thackeray or Abu Azmi.
If incidents like Azad Maidan, terrorist attacks like 26/11, bomb blasts in Pune, Mumbai keep happening under Congress-NCP then obviously some people are going to support Shiv Sena-BJP during whose rule there were hardly any terrorist attacks or riots in the state. .
This is a vicious circle. Your assertion is that people support SS because of attacks (I am simplifying it). My assertion is that parties like SS has milked what has happened, participated in some of the riots and in the end drove Mumbai more to the brink. This is a chicken and egg situation. Clearly there are merits for both arguments. I don't for a moment suggest that SS planted bombs in Bhendi Bazaar and Air India Building. On the other hand can you say vehemently that SS indeed participated in riots after the bomb blasts and killed Indian citizens. lets not qualify that simple statement with any "buts" whatsoever. fair?