Shouldn't Dhoni also resign as test captain ?

Dhoni as a captain has won us a WC, T20 Cup - 2 world titles when we struggled to win anything of note since 1985 (WCC), has taken us to no. 1 ranking in Tests including a drawn series in SA. i don't see how he's so poor as a captain :dontknow: Even if we decide to drop him as a captain, which shouldn't even be discussed for shorter formats, there are only 2 options for us - Gambhir and Kohli. Sehwag is not fit to be a captain. Kohli is way to young and I wouldn't make him captain right now. Gambhir can do a good job but his own form in Tests has fallen away and unless he improves he's not a certainty to be in the Test team. So either way whom do we go with as a captain if not Dhoni?
It has been said 1 million times but again i say he has lost 8-0.Kapil was removed from captaincy also.
Dhoni as a captain has won us a WC' date= T20 Cup - 2 world titles when we struggled to win anything of note since 1985 (WCC), has taken us to no. 1 ranking in Tests including a drawn series in SA. i don't see how he's so poor as a captain :dontknow: Even if we decide to drop him as a captain, which shouldn't even be discussed for shorter formats, there are only 2 options for us - Gambhir and Kohli. Sehwag is not fit to be a captain. Kohli is way to young and I wouldn't make him captain right now. Gambhir can do a good job but his own form in Tests has fallen away and unless he improves he's not a certainty to be in the Test team. So either way whom do we go with as a captain if not Dhoni?
I am not denying that field placements couldn't have been better or Dhoni wasn't that aggressive. In fact I hated the fact that Dhoni spread the field when the tail-enders came in. I would rather have seen an attacking field with tail-enders and batsmen taking risk to score than give free singles. But that was not the reason we were so thoroughly thrashed. Our batting was shambles on the 0-8 debacle and blaming Dhoni for the debacle would be missing teh point and giving our batsmen a free pass.
:hatsoff: all I can say
:giggle: Nothing will please you but his head in a platter, no point in even discussing with someone who thinks that Dhoni should have helped Laxman against the swinging ball! Also, he does not need to tell the media but his employers. He must have already told it. :haha:
I though I cleared that.Laxman needed to be dropped.how many times u need to be told?u twist statements n then hang on them. yeah he must hv told BCCI.n the media who follows him 24X7 somehow missed that.totally believable:cantstop:
:hatsoff: all I can say
I've got some more:
[Dhoni Fanboy] He is an excellent batsman. [/Dhoni Fanboy] [sane Voice] We're talking about tests. [/sane Voice] [Dhoni Fanboy] But he doesn't play as a batsman. He is a keeper. [/Dhoni Fanboy] [sane Voice] His keeping is ordinary. [/sane Voice] [Dhoni Fanboy] But he is kaptaan who "delivered" the WC. [/Dhoni Fanboy] [sane Voice] We're talking about tests. [/sane Voice] [Dhoni Fanboy] Under his kaptaani we reached number 1. [/Dhoni Fanboy] [sane Voice] We also lost 0-8. [/sane Voice] [Dhoni Fanboy] That was because the team sucked. [/Dhoni Fanboy] [sane Voice] :wall: [/sane Voice]
I've got some more:
Its waste of time debating as some the guys were asking dhoni to be sacked ,now after some odis they seem to think he is the best man.You cannot argue as they do not respond to points but try to tell you troll.
pointless ?:cheer: .do not worry best captain will be sacked soon.
u seem to be enjoying repeating same **** again n again is it? and nowadays i see you are actually expecting that Dhoni should fail so he can be kicked out...dats too much hate dude... be little lighthearted and u might start enjoying wat our team is doing under Dhoni... or else u will end up like few budhau's here who could never move on and keeps on complaining forever...
u seem to be enjoying repeating same **** again n again is it? and nowadays i see you are actually expecting that Dhoni should fail so he can be kicked out...dats too much hate dude... be little lighthearted and u might start enjoying wat our team is doing under Dhoni... or else u will end up like few budhau's here who could never move on and keeps on complaining forever...
Sad part is that most of these folks keep on b****ing about 90s and how we never won anything etc. Under Dhoni we have won World T20 and the World Cup - 2 world tourneys which we hadn't since 85 (WCC) and ppl are still moaning :omg: I guess the saying "ghar ki murgi daal barabar" is right after all.
Sad part is that most of these folks keep on b****ing about 90s and how we never won anything etc. Under Dhoni we have won World T20 and the World Cup - 2 world tourneys which we hadn't since 85 (WCC) and ppl are still moaning :omg: I guess the saying "ghar ki murgi daal barabar" is right after all.
All wins outside sub- continent were because of strong batting line up which led us to no 1 ranking. I don't understand how Dhoni can be credited for all these successes of batsmen?? But no other captain even with weakest teams suffered 0-8. He should be help accountable for that as leader of the pack. If captain is not accountable for anything, why to declare anybody as the captain. Let's have a non-playing captain, I mean officially :haha:
I have watched and played enough cricket to know policies of bias and negative captaincy have never been successful.Actually i was dhoni biggest supporter till 2009 as he promised change but sadly the bug caught up.Simply take your fanboy glasses off and think about 8-0,selections of jaddu,p.k,chawla,media statements,dhoni sreesanth media statement in middle of test,captaincy,form.still you feel the same way then good luck.
All wins outside sub- continent were because of strong batting line up which led us to no 1 ranking. I don't understand how Dhoni can be credited for all these successes of batsmen?? But no other captain even with weakest teams suffered 0-8. He should be help accountable for that as leader of the pack. If captain is not accountable for anything, why to declare anybody as the captain. Let's have a non-playing captain, I mean officially :haha:
Paradox.
No, we are repeatedly pointing the hypcorisy of the likes of you 1) You credit all such wins to Dhoni and dont credit the batsmen, senior players and bowlers. I will ignore the laughavle part of you calling the T20 cup a world cup, and comparing previous captains who never played T20 on this stat, this is intentional trickery from your part. But the hypocrisy is not putting any responsibilty of 8-0 on Dhoni but calling out the batsmen on it. 2) You have bagged Sachin fans in the past and called them names. You have pointed out Sachin's percieved 'selfishness' etc and said that past credentials should not be any reason to prevent anyone from questioning him on current failures. Yet, in this thread, we can all see that you are acting like a clear Dhoni fan-boy. You bring the examples of limited over formats when we are clearly disucssing test results, even the title of the thread says so. So the message you are giving is, its not ok to be a Sachin fan-boy, but its ok to act like a 16 year old girl if the players under question are your favorite, namely Dhoni and Sehwag. Then its ok to bring past stats, to shift blame and everything else like a typical fan-boy does and not judge on the basis of merit. Its the great joy you experienced while wathcing Dhoni win which counts And no, I am not imaginign your love for Dhoni. Two of the current examples was when you rated Dhoni's innings in WC final above Gautam, and credited him more for that one innings than someone who has played well throughout the world cup. Secondly, when India failed to defend 280+ against Bangladesh, you conviniently put no blame on Dhoni and diverted attention with that Sachin thread. Dhoni fan-boys are equally bad or worse than Sachin fan-boys, its just not fashionable to bag them yet
Dhoni has been a garbage Test captain in AWAY games. Until he changes that' date=' I'm sorry [b']I will not rate his captaincy on spinning tracks against hapless tourists at home.
you might not rate his Captaincy on Indian tracks but sadly the selectors will, and a win here will be reason enough for them not to sack him.
you might not rate his Captaincy on Indian tracks but sadly the selectors will' date=' and a win here will be reason enough for them not to sack him.[/quote'] Which is the sad part, really. They are judging someone's capacity to win abroad on the basis of his performance at home.
No, we are repeatedly pointing the hypcorisy of the likes of you 1) You credit all such wins to Dhoni and dont credit the batsmen, senior players and bowlers. I will ignore the laughavle part of you calling the T20 cup a world cup, and comparing previous captains who never played T20 on this stat, this is intentional trickery from your part. But the hypocrisy is not putting any responsibilty of 8-0 on Dhoni but calling out the batsmen on it. 2) You have bagged Sachin fans in the past and called them names. You have pointed out Sachin's percieved 'selfishness' etc and said that past credentials should not be any reason to prevent anyone from questioning him on current failures. Yet, in this thread, we can all see that you are acting like a clear Dhoni fan-boy. You bring the examples of limited over formats when we are clearly disucssing test results, even the title of the thread says so. So the message you are giving is, its not ok to be a Sachin fan-boy, but its ok to act like a 16 year old girl if the players under question are your favorite, namely Dhoni and Sehwag. Then its ok to bring past stats, to shift blame and everything else like a typical fan-boy does and not judge on the basis of merit. Its the great joy you experienced while wathcing Dhoni win which counts And no, I am not imaginign your love for Dhoni. Two of the current examples was when you rated Dhoni's innings in WC final above Gautam, and credited him more for that one innings than someone who has played well throughout the world cup. Secondly, when India failed to defend 280+ against Bangladesh, you conviniently put no blame on Dhoni and diverted attention with that Sachin thread. Dhoni fan-boys are equally bad or worse than Sachin fan-boys, its just not fashionable to bag them yet
1. I didn't put Dhoni's innings over Gambhir. I rated them equal and said I would have awarded them a joint MOM for the final. Also, I put Dhoni at #5 in the list of MVPs for the tourney below the likes of Zak, Yuvi, Gambhir and SRT. Pls do check the thread where MVP for WC/contribution of players was being discussed. 2. Yes, for me Tendulkar's go slow against B'desh was the biggest reason we lost. Not the only reason but the biggest one. On a flat patta where scoring 300 is the norm a batsman plays out half the alloted deliveries for a team (he played 147) and scores just 114. Just to put things in perspective if the whole team would have played at the same RR we would have ended up with 230. I could live with the fact if he was genuinely struggling or had an off day but it was nothing of the sort. He played fluently before 80s and after reaching 100 but between 80-100 he was as selfish as they come. His sole objective at that point was to get the 100 somehow even if India ended up with a far lower total than they could have got. With wkts in hand and B'desh bowling attack as opponents on one of the flattest pitches Tendulkar chose the record/milestone over team needs. You can disagree but for me he was the main reason we lost the game, much ahead of Dhoni and the bowlers. Other point about that SRT example is the intention. Has Dhoni, or our bowlers, for that matter intentionally under-performed? Tendulkar did that to get to his 100. Which is worse for you? Someone who's not good enough or strugling or even imcompetent. Or someone who deliberately puts his interests ahead of team's best interests? For me it would be latter. There are only two parallels I can find with what Tendulkar did against B'esh in Asia Cup - 1. When Mongia & Prabhakar gave up the chase against WI in mid 90s preferring to get to their 50 & 100 and remaining unbeaten than go for quick runs and get out, 2. Ganguly against pakistan in 2005-06 when India ended up with a total of 318 but were looking good for 350+. An in form Yuvraj sat in the dressing room while Ganguly dawdled along which ended up in India managing only 318 instead of 350 or thereabouts. india ended up losing that game and the series to Pakistan. So yeah SRT is in some select company for his "selfless" and "playing for the team" performance against B'desh in Asia Cup. Here's the MVP discussion thread.... http://indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=286429&page=2 I agreed with Dhoni at 6 and at max would have put him at 5, not more. Also, note the post about me rating Gambhir & Dhoni's innings equally and awarding them MOM jointly.