Shouldn't Dhoni also resign as test captain ?

^would like o highlight that he missed the Sri lankan tour because he was tired from playing IPL. Just saying that on patriotism and putting the team's interest ahead of his' date=' he is not that far head of sir Tendulkar[/quote'] May not be but when he has played for India he hasn't deliberately under-performed so that he can reach a personal milestone.
Dhoni has been a garbage Test captain in AWAY games. Until he changes that' date=' I'm sorry I will not rate his captaincy on spinning tracks against hapless tourists at home.[/quote'] Because we do not have good enough fast bowling to make impact consistently in away games, but we have good enough spinners to win us at home. I always say a captain is as good as the team.
Because we do not have good enough fast bowling to make impact consistently in away games' date=' but we have good enough spinners to win us at home. I always say a captain is as good as the team.[/quote'] We won in pak in 2004,eng in 2007,drew 1-1 and lost 2-1 in sa,won 1-0 in nz,1-0 in wi,lost 2-1 drew 1-1 in aus.we had a decent away record even under dhoni.

Still no one has said who should replace Dhoni as captain. Dhoni should be sacked as captain yes. But it should be the order of 1.sehwag and Gambhir dropped from test team 2. Sachin retire from test cricket Then Dhoni should be sacked and someone like Kohli replace him as captain Otherwise nothing will change and most will be calling for Kohli 's head after a couple of series because of these under performing seniors. And anyone asking for Gambhir to replace Dhoni as captain is just deluded.

Still no one has said who should replace Dhoni as captain. Dhoni should be sacked as captain yes. But it should be the order of 1.sehwag and Gambhir dropped from test team 2. Sachin retire from test cricket Then Dhoni should be sacked and someone like Kohli replace him as captain Otherwise nothing will change and most will be calling for Kohli 's head after a couple of series because of these under performing seniors. And anyone asking for Gambhir to replace Dhoni as captain is just deluded.
why cant get worse than 8-0 can it?
would never happen.our spinners would win us games.its on seaming tracks we r found wanting
Yes it can if our batsmen keep being awful. Bowlers win u matches but batsmen lose them. And I don't see how can the youngsters keep themselves motivated if they see one of the worst batsmen in world cricket based on form ( Gambhir ) being rewarded with captaincy for that rather being dropped to make way for youngsters.
Yes it can.we could loss tests 0-8 at home too.
Interesting point and quite possible! What worse can happen? is a very irritating rhetorical question which is another usual logical fallacy which people provide. Keeping that aside the TINA factor exists. Also, how even if we do as good as Dhoni what is the point in changing in the strategy? You change your strategy only when there are better guarantees overall. People here want to take the high risk option of change in strategy in "hope" it will come off in the future. Yes, the future is important but so is the present ... damn it!
:WTF: How many times will you regurgitate the same sh!t ? http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?p=2096499#post2096499 http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?p=2096485#post2096485 There's a limit where you can hate someone!
Err, whats your problem fan-boy? Its belongs in all these threads (maybe not the Sachin one, but you were defending Dhoni there too)? How does it feel to be on the recieving side for a change? People like you and U_G have made the life of Sachin fans hell on ICF for a while, what happened, cant take criticism back when its a player you like? Anyone questioning Dhoni is a hater now, is it?Hmm
Err, whats your problem fan-boy? Its belongs in all these threads (maybe not the Sachin one, but you were defending Dhoni there too)? How does it feel to be on the recieving side for a change? People like you and U_G have made the life of Sachin fans hell on ICF for a while, what happened, cant take criticism back when its a player you like? Anyone questioning Dhoni is a hater now, is it?Hmm
:facepalm:
:facepalm: You think I am Sachin hater? Here's a BIG surprise for you. I am not - I do not pray for Sachin to retire neither to do I want him to be dropped from ODIs. How does this make me a Sachin hater? :dontknow: Some people like you can not see further than Sachin's L Guard and will jeopardize the team's chances after it. Later, the audacity the fan boys have is to not even accept an error in judgment. That's how jaundice eyed fan boys are - extremists. Me and U_G will criticize each and everyone - Ganguly , Sachin, Ashwin, Dravid for jeopardizing the team's chances. The name does not matter. Of course for fan boys like you the name may generate a 1000 orgasms which biases your judgment about the reality. In - out fields for spinners in SC conditions is a normal thing. Every captain does it - Misbah, Jayawardene, Ganguly, Dravid. Flemming - it is not something new. You can criticize such fields in England and Australia but to do so for spinners in SC conditions (that too when there are close in fielders) is being delusional.
We won in pak in 2004' date='eng in 2007,drew 1-1 and lost 2-1 in sa,won 1-0 in nz,1-0 in wi,lost 2-1 drew 1-1 in aus.we had a decent away record even under dhoni.[/quote'] But not consistent. Will do well in one match and then back to average in another. To dominate, you need bowlers who keep the pressure on consistently throughout the series.