Kohli will be the world's best batsman very, very soon.

it was a patta maybe 350 would have been hard but these guys with confidence they have right now would have done better . we were very bad chasers before chappel became coach anything over 270 would have been hard for us
Had good bounce not much lateral movement. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvkqxADV1HA]India Vs Australia World Cup FINAL 2003 Zaheer Khan First Over Ball by Ball - YouTube[/ame] look at the bounce, Dravid is collecting everything at throat height. Enough for Lee and McGrath to eat Dhoni alive.
that was special knock by sachin and also it was not final these guys today dont care about occasion .. i think they would have given it a fair fight..
I dont we were nervous because it was final,but because Aussies used to be so dominant.Theres no team like that today hence our guys are more confident. If we faced any other team in final,I'm pretty sure we'd have won.I rate that campaign better than 2011 one in terms of quality.
I dont we were nervous because it was final,but because Aussies used to be so dominant.Theres no team like that today hence our guys are more confident. If we faced any other team in final,I'm pretty sure we'd have won.I rate that campaign better than 2011 one in terms of quality.
Anyone with a good cricketing acumen would rate 2003 campaign above 2011 WC. In 2011, we were pretty much guaranteed a quarter final spot and we had to win 2 knock out games to get to the final. Whereas in 2003, bowling attacks were good as well the overall standard was higher.
and champions trophy recently was almsot as good as aussies campaign of 2003 .. ifo nly we got a proper final there to bash poms properly..:winky: look i am not comparing those teams but on patta our guys can chase anything against nayone kohli has confidence to chase 320 under 40 overs!
some one like kohli would love this track.. even rohit will love batting here
come on yaar, good bounce doesn't always mean good for batting. An accurate bowler will be nightmare on a bouncy pitch as he will never allow you to come on the front-foot and sitting back you will be vulnerable to fuller length ball. Our bowlers were all over the place once Gilchrist went after them.
India scored 231 runs under 40 overs. Mcgrath was eaten alive by VIru and Ganguly atleast in one over. 2 slapped sixes. That was a patta wicket.
I never said he wasn't. But Mcgrath knows how to plan dismissals. You think Kohli would have scored a lot of McGrath? lol
against McGrath and Lee' date='would have still been tough:(([/quote'] I have never ever seen an Indian batsman with such self belief ( bar Dhoni) in run chases . Even today's match if you take out Kohli India would have been rolled over with Dhoni left standing. Even in the previous match or the match against Paksitan or the Srilanka. As he described later he considers knowing a target in advance is easier for him something most batsmen would beg to differ with. In that way he is very different both in terms of attitude and approach while chasing. So it was very much possible.
come on yaar, good bounce doesn't always mean good for batting. An accurate bowler will be nightmare on a bouncy pitch as he will never allow you to come on the front-foot and sitting back you will be vulnerable to fuller length ball. Our bowlers were all over the place once Gilchrist went after them.
does not always i agree but that pitch was pure patta and dream to bat on didn't south africa chase down 430 there on similar track ?